Make an application "Invisible"

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but you want to do the following scenario (for example):

Start iTunes. Put on a song. Have the song/album/music/whatever keep playing while you're browsing the 'net, but when you press Cmd + Tab, you don't want to see the iTunes icon.

Something like that?

Easy peasy. Hit Cmd + H on any open application. It'll hide all of the application's windows. Note that this particular command doesn't work in Photoshop (and probably other applications). In that case, just Ctrl + Click on the application's icon in the dock and choose "Hide".

If you're talking about hard-coding it into an application's preferences or something, I don't know how to do that.

It should work, have you tried restarting the app after you made the change, and also make sure the change is still there in the file, because sometimes apps resist you changing there info.plist file and you might have to do it more then once for it to stick.

One last thing make sure it is after

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

and before

</dict>

</plist>