All new iPods released

KAWSquared

As virtually all agree here the new nano is plain UGLY. The proportions are just bad. Sadly uglyness continues with 'classic' which loses all what was nice about original ipod series. As for the touch I have to admit that I had a moment of weakness and was like, yhea I'll be buying one (I even started thinking who of my friends is in the US right now and could grab one for me, as they're cheaper over there). But then I thought, 16GB? WTF? Right now I have over 40GB of stuff on my 60GB 5G. And don't get me wrong it's not that I have that much music on it. I use it also as my library folder. But even if I didnt do it (which would mean thah I would have to buy a new hdd, since my lappie is meant to be all-portable-no-storage) I would still had to limit my collection somehow. And I dont want to do it. So Apple, u wont be getting my money anytime soon.

Waiting on touvh.v2.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an idea for an iPod Touch mod already. What i propose is that someone should buy an iPod touch and one of the 160/80gb hard drives that go in the classic. Once those are purchased open up the iPod touch and mod the hard drive into the back as best you can. Buy the deeper 8gb iPhone backplate and then pray it all fits in. Then restore the iPod in iTunes.

Voila! There you have it! The iPod 6.5Gen 160/80gb iPod. This is a working idea i think but the inserting of the hard drive will be heavily complicated and really expensive. If previous iPods have been converted to flash storage then the same can be true the other way round.

Btw for those who were keeping track, i finished my modded 4th Gen iPod 40gb hard drive and case mod months ago. I will try and update my thread with the pics as soon as i take some :P

I'm sure someone might try, but you would be better off finding a flash drive that is larger, I doubt it would power a harddrive and if it did the already wanting battery life would diminish even more.

Oh and one more thing I wouldn't buy a thing until after the Apple event on the 25th. I am guessing along with many others that the drop of the 4gig iphone is opening up a spot for the 16 gig 3G iphone people have been calling for.

I have an idea for an iPod Touch mod already. What i propose is that someone should buy an iPod touch and one of the 160/80gb hard drives that go in the classic. Once those are purchased open up the iPod touch and mod the hard drive into the back as best you can. Buy the deeper 8gb iPhone backplate and then pray it all fits in. Then restore the iPod in iTunes.

Nice idea, but a couple of problems:

1. iTunes may not recognize it as an iPod Touch.

2. The iPod Touch is slightly shorter than the iPhone. The iPhone is 4.5 inches tall, and the iPod Touch is only 4.3.

I will probably buy a 16GB iPod Touch. I'll have Colorware modify it to make it white, because that would look killer. My music library could use some "weeding" to get rid of some of the stuff that I hardly listen to any more.

2. The iPod Touch is slightly shorter than the iPhone. The iPhone is 4.5 inches tall, and the iPod Touch is only 4.3.

I will probably buy a 16GB iPod Touch. I'll have Colorware modify it to make it white, because that would look killer. My music library could use some "weeding" to get rid of some of the stuff that I hardly listen to any more.

Those colorware iphones are beautiful and I am guessing the new touch would look great. With the rumours of a 16 gig iphone in the future, sep. 25th actually, I might wait and see how this all develops. I am torn though I am not sure if 16 gigs would be enough for me. I have too much music, and too random of tastes in music every time I listen to be limited to playlists. Arghh.

I've already pre-ordered the 16 GB iPod touch, it's wait I've been waiting for, that is, the iPhone without the phone. I might seriously pick up a 3G nano, too. I didn't like it when I first saw it, but after seeing a few videos and some real world pics of it on Engadget, I'm sold. It really looks nice.

I'm sure someone might try, but you would be better off finding a flash drive that is larger, I doubt it would power a harddrive and if it did the already wanting battery life would diminish even more.

Oh and one more thing I wouldn't buy a thing until after the Apple event on the 25th. I am guessing along with many others that the drop of the 4gig iphone is opening up a spot for the 16 gig 3G iphone people have been calling for.

I agree. Why else would the 8 GB iPhone have been dropped to $399? After all, for the same $399, you can get a 16 GB iPod touch. My guess is the 16 GB iPhone will be introduced at the $599 price point yet again. And while 3G is very likely, I think there will be a stronger focus on third-party apps.

I don't think iTunes will have a problem recognising it since the hard drive or flash drive inside as nothing to do with the internal circuitry that allows you to connect the iPod to the pc via USB.

It's a shame that the backplate is too short i guess, but if a new one has to be fabricated then it would give a bit more room for a beefier (but also more expensive) battery. I wouldn't mind giving the mod a go but i don't have the money to waste :P

Hey maybe if one has enough money they can get colorware to make a complete case mod for this mod. Though atm with that touch screen i don't know if it would be practical

I don't think iTunes will have a problem recognising it since the hard drive or flash drive inside as nothing to do with the internal circuitry that allows you to connect the iPod to the pc via USB.

It's a shame that the backplate is too short i guess, but if a new one has to be fabricated then it would give a bit more room for a beefier (but also more expensive) battery. I wouldn't mind giving the mod a go but i don't have the money to waste :P

Hey maybe if one has enough money they can get colorware to make a complete case mod for this mod. Though atm with that touch screen i don't know if it would be practical

Good point about the recognization, but I just thought of another thing. The backplates of the Touch and the iPhone are hugely different. Look at the placement of the black plastic and everything. Yeh, it'd probably be best to manufacture a new one. I think that'd be a great idea.

Guest Yami Bakura

I want to get the iPod Touch. It's the best iPod ever except the iPhone. Well, they are pretty much the same but iPhone has phone capabillties. I really want to get an iPod Touch.

I want to get the iPod Touch. It's the best iPod ever except the iPhone. Well, they are pretty much the same but iPhone has phone capabillties. I really want to get an iPod Touch.

How can it be "the best iPod ever" when it has neither the best battery life or the best storage capacity?

true to that, i personally think that an iPod with a screen (excluding nanos) should at the very least have a capacity of 20GB (which would even out to about ~18GB) and should have a battery power of at least 24 hours of continuous playback on medium volume and medium brightness. What the hell is the point of the screen being 60% lighter if you cant experience that improvement anyways?

Guest Yami Bakura
How can it be "the best iPod ever" when it has neither the best battery life or the best storage capacity?

Why do you care? Did you really have to quote me on that?

I don't care about the best battery life or best storage. The iPod Touch is pretty much an iPhone without phone capabilities. I should've said the iPod Touch has the best design out of all the iPods except the iPhone (well, they are pretty much the same in design though). Since the iPod touch, I don't need an iPhone but I would like to have one but the iPod Touch would be better for me. I would get an iPhone when it has more features.

The iPod touch looks way awesome. The only problem is that I juuuust crossed over 16 gb on my old iPod photo a couple days ago. So I'm going to have to wait until we see something bigger on that. I'd go for a classic, but, you know, come on, it's a touch! I need a new iPod soon, because mine's sort of dying (it's a couple years old), so hopefully the touch will get more space soon.

I actually don't have a super huge problem with the color on the Nanos. I think it's more of an issue of the proportion size of the thing. Because it's "fat" I'd be worried about how it'd fit into my pocket. Stuff like that. But the color thing really doesn't bug me overly much.

So yeah, basically, I'd just love to see more space on the iPod touch.

Guest Yami Bakura
^^ you.

I see what you're talking about though, the iTouch is pretty awesome.

Yeah, the iPod Touch is cool but I will spend my money on the "space" themed Leopard (when it arrives). I can wait on the iPod Touch.

Yeah, the iPod Touch is cool but I will spend my money on the "space" themed Leopard (when it arrives). I can wait on the iPod Touch.

you really have to stop bringing up the Im-excited-for-the-plausibility-of-space-themed-leopard we get it. You mention it every single thread involing apple :P

Guest Yami Bakura
you really have to stop bringing up the Im-excited-for-the-plausibility-of-space-themed-leopard we get it. You mention it every single thread involing apple :P

Why do you care? If I could live in space, I would. I am positive Apple wants people to feel like they are "in space" with Leopard.

The current iPods are the best iPods I seen.