BREAKING NEWS: Apple Event Confirmed for September 5th

nickheer

I don't care about the camera, I really don't want an overly-complicated iPod.

True, and really thinking about it I hardly use the camera on my phone and it is much higher quality than the iphone camera so it would be pretty useless for me as well. I do hope that third party apps would make their way onto a ipod with wifi, like we see on the iphone. Meebo on a wifi ipod would be insane.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I swore I would never buy another ipod, if the widescreen, iphone without the phone ipod comes out that everyone is calling for I may just have to get one. Damn you apple.
That's what I've been saying ever since the unveiling of the iPhone. It would be a revolutionary step in MP3 players.

WTF!? News post on AS?

You sure this is not girlsgonewildontimmah.com? <_<

:P

/me goes register girlsgonewildontimmah.com

Only one day away! It's exciting. Tomorrow is an exciting day. Can you tell I'm excited?

That's what I've been saying ever since the unveiling of the iPhone. It would be a revolutionary step in MP3 players.

:P

/me goes register girlsgonewildontimmah.com

Only one day away! It's exciting. Tomorrow is an exciting day. Can you tell I'm excited?

It wouldn't really be a MP3 player, though. It would be a portable device that happened to feature MP3 playback. Since the 4G, the iPod has been moving away from exclusive music playback.

It wouldn't really be a MP3 player, though. It would be a portable device that happened to feature MP3 playback. Since the 4G, the iPod has been moving away from exclusive music playback.

Job's has always made it very clear that the iPod was a music first device.

anything that interferes with that wont make it into an iPod's design. Do you find the 5th gen ipod any different to use than a first gen?

it works in the exact same fashion, despite having videos, photos, games, calendars etc etc... its just a thinner, sexier, more vibrant design. that is all.

Music is on the top of the main menu, and will always be the most thought out feature.

EDIT- It's now september 5th in Australia... I guess you'll soon find out if I'm right or not.

I know. I usually check the US website anyway (yes, we can do that even in OZ believe it or not)

so how many hours till the special event, anyone know?

I'm not an idiot. Your original comment implied that, as it was Sept. 5th in Australia, the products would be released there first.

And there are 15 hours, 34 minutes left, or thereabouts.

I'm not an idiot. Your original comment implied that, as it was Sept. 5th in Australia, the products would be released there first.

And there are 15 hours, 34 minutes left, or thereabouts.

lol sorry. no offense intended.

I didnt think the products would be released in Australia first... Just Its september 5th in Australia, and was wondering what date/time it was over there.

Offcourse they don't update regional site's before US websites, but Indian site get's updated somewhere between 2-5 months after US site. :D

th_smiley_ROFL3.gif

Sidenote: I loved how everyone made a big deal when the main Apple site got updated with a new look, but when the rest of the world followed suit (it was right after the previous Apple event with the new iMacs), nobody said anything.

Levi: It's fine :)

Sidenote: I loved how everyone made a big deal when the main Apple site got updated with a new look, but when the rest of the world followed suit (it was right after the previous Apple event with the new iMacs), nobody said anything.

Levi: It's fine :)

I was outraged (somewhat, not really) that it took Apple so long to update thier website, like 3months after the US... The new imacs showed up on the AU site a day late, it had me worried :/

So when it came to Australia it was more relief... I'd already seen the wonders of the US site.

Quick update: Ringtones confirmed. $0.99 in addition to song price, over 500,000 songs, ringtone maker built into iTunes, sync to iPhone.

Update: Steve is demoing this feature. He used Aretha Franklin's "Respect" for his wife's contact. For when NBC calls, he used "Give peace a chance". Oh, the wit! :P

Update: Onto iPods now. They're updating the entire lineup. Here's the new shuffle colours:

applebeatgoeson23.jpg

Upate: First official iPod nano image:

applebeatgoeson28.jpg

The fat nano is REAL! Also, most features of current iPod (games, video, et.al.), plus cover flow, 320 x 240 screen, new colours, etc.

Side image of the nano:

applebeatgoeson33.jpg

It's THIN!

Interface:

applebeatgoeson36.jpg

Sorry about the excessive images. I'm doing this as fast as I can update it. Images are from Gizmodo.

3 Games are bundled with the nano.

Update: New colours!!

IMG_7721.jpg

Battery life of nano: 24 hours audio/ 5 hours video.

4GB comes in silver at $149 and 8GB in all colors for $199

Banner:

applebeatgoeson48.jpg

And damn, I now have to leave. Last update: big iPod is now called 'iPod Classic'. I'm out of internet access for the moment, I think.

I have a minute. This is the "classic" iPod design, which has a physical click wheel, is even thinner, full metal design, has 80GB and 160GB sizes. $249/$349. New interface.

-Bringing iPhone-like iPod to us today, called "iPod touch"

-When we introed the iPhone, we said it was the best ipod ever

-"We're not done yet..."

If you want to keep up with the latest, use this link, updated live. The Gizmodo update is quite crowded.