BREAKING NEWS: Apple Event Confirmed for September 5th

nickheer

september5bq0.png

Apple has sent out this invitation across the web. It shows 2 things:

1) Cover flow: does this mean new widescreen iPods? We'll have to see.

2) A Beatles reference: "The beat goes on" is the last line of the press release from Apple Corps. when the Beatles split up. Does this mean the Beatles catalogue will be added to iTunes?

Alright: there's your briefing. Let the rumour mill and discussions begin!

(Source: Ars Technica)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was planning to buy another iPod from July. I'll wait for the new ones (I hope it's not that expensive).

P.S: Doesn't this thread go under "Main Discussion"?

News posted here goes (*shock*) on the Aqua-Soft News Page! Gasp he's a newsposter too. :P

Sorry for the hard time, but it had to be said. ;)

hmmm he's holding a 5th generation ipod.... so i doubt it means a new ipod

(why would they advertise with an old ipod if they're introducing a new one???)

I think maybe an ipod update though to include coverflow functionality? maybe... or maybe they're about to bump up capacity of the ipod (from 30gb to 50gb, 80gb to 100gb... and maybe a switch to flash instead of a hdd???)

or maybe its more on leopard and coverflow functionality.

hmmm he's holding a 5th generation ipod.... so i doubt it means a new ipod

(why would they advertise with an old ipod if they're introducing a new one???)

Because they would never give away the design of a new product (hopefully) in press materials.

Apple has sent out this invitation across the web. It shows 2 things:

1) Cover flow: does this mean new widescreen iPods? We'll have to see.

2) A Beatles reference: "The beat goes on" is the last line of the press release from Apple Corps. when the Beatles split up. Does this mean the Beatles catalogue will be added to iTunes?

Alright: there's your briefing. Let the rumour mill and discussions begin!

(Source: Ars Technica)

Notice where the main cover is...after what looks like a beastie boys album cover...beas...beat..beatles! this is obvious....but im hopeful of a new ipod a need to get a new one...

a special edition beatles ipod? like the whole u2 thing....

haha not likely, but you can bet that the beetles will be appearing in the itunes music store.

EDIT_

what are the albums in the picture, from left to right?;

kexxxxx? , xxxxx?, beatles, ipod man, Mika- Cartoon Motion, Jack Johnson (?), xxxxx

Hey! just an idea... what if the man in the picture symbolises you! or me!.... not following?

what if OUR music appears in the itunes music store.... still not following?

what if we will be able to upload and download (for free?) tracks made in garageband?

Like the imovie 08= youtube connection, garageband=itunes???

so we will be able to upload videos made in imovie 08 to youtube/itunes store as well as music made in garageband to itunes.

kinda creepy

What's so creepy about it? Mockup or not, I think it looks nice, and since the new firmware is rumored to be based on OS X, there's no reason that Cover Flow wouldn't work on the nano. Of course, wouldn't that imply the nano uses a touch screen? Unless the click wheel quickly scrolls through the covers...

kexxxxx? , xxxxx?, beatles, ipod man, Mika- Cartoon Motion, Jack Johnson (?), xxxxx

Keane- Under the Iron Sea, The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, Beastie Boys - The Mix-Up, "iPod Man", Mika - Cartoon Motion, Jack Johnson - In Between Dreams, ?????

It doesn't look like there is any order to the albums. I wonder if that means anything?

Lol. Of course not. ;)

As much as I swore I would never buy another ipod, if the widescreen, iphone without the phone ipod comes out that everyone is calling for I may just have to get one. Damn you apple.

I agree. There is great demand for portable Wi-Fi devices. Look at the gadgets like the Sony Mylo, for example. So I think it would be wise for Apple to invest in such a device. Thus, from a consumer standpoint, it seems perfect to essentially sell an iPhone, without the phone. Just give me the iPod and "breakthrough Internet communications device" and I'll be happy.

New Leaked (?) iPod Nano Photos:

Possibly Coverflow on a Nano?

Hmm thats not to ugly at all... previous mockups/photos were somewhat ugly because they looked like fat versions of the current 5th gen ipod.... and they looked very fake.

But these are ok coz they maintain the current ipod nano look.

coverflow on nano could be very cool.

I didnt think I'd say this- but I want this to be the new nano.

I agree. There is great demand for portable Wi-Fi devices. Look at the gadgets like the Sony Mylo, for example. So I think it would be wise for Apple to invest in such a device. Thus, from a consumer standpoint, it seems perfect to essentially sell an iPhone, without the phone. Just give me the iPod and "breakthrough Internet communications device" and I'll be happy.

I agree totally wifi is something I have been waiting for on a device this size for way too long, it would be great to be able to jump on the internet between class on campus, or at work when I am on a break, or a multitude of other places. It would also be cool, I think, if they left the camera on there, that might compete too much with the phone though.

I agree totally wifi is something I have been waiting for on a device this size for way too long, it would be great to be able to jump on the internet between class on campus, or at work when I am on a break, or a multitude of other places. It would also be cool, I think, if they left the camera on there, that might compete too much with the phone though.

I don't care about the camera, I really don't want an overly-complicated iPod.