Leopard's Looks.

277 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't care, as long as it can be skinned.

As someone previously said, the taskbar would be nicer with rounded corners, but apart from that i'm not really that bothered by the change in themes. I actually prefer the new theme to the old aqua theme anyway so . . . There we go. I can't wait for Leopard, but I reckon if they added the old aqua theme into the OS and allowed people to change to it, then I think that more people will buy it, and more people will love it.

Jj :)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As someone previously said, the taskbar would be nicer with rounded corners, but apart from that i'm not really that bothered by the change in themes. I actually prefer the new theme to the old aqua theme anyway so . . . There we go. I can't wait for Leopard, but I reckon if they added the old aqua theme into the OS and allowed people to change to it, then I think that more people will buy it, and more people will love it.

Jj :)

I disagree on all three points. I never cared for the rounded menu bar, and few, if any, will care about being able to switch between Aqua and "Aqua 2.0."

since my last post, I think that leopard has definatly grown on me. I have watched youtube videos and the WWDC '07 video loads of times and I really like the way the OS is coming together. The Vista UI was hated across the net, when it was released nearly everyone liked the UI.

Change is good, and if we don't accept change then we will be stuck in a boring world were everything is the same. Apple are just trying to freshen the OS up.

Jj

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
At first, I absolutely hated the new traffic lights, I thought they we're too shiny/cartoonish and I liked Tiger's traffic lights a lot more.

Now that I look between the two now, Tiger's traffic lights look like sh*t compared to Leopard's :P

Dude... I know! When I saw the build with the new traffic lights, I was like ohhellno. That's FUGLY! But now... they are totally nice, and seeing the old, dull tiger ones, I'm like yea, go leopard!

The Leopard look is sooo soo nice. I love it.

i guess i kinda like the unification of all the windows and the consitancy is brilliant...

what i dont like is the default wall- its just not... well its bright pink, and not everyone's tastes.

I also dont like the grey/gray glass on the dock and the semi transparent menubar- if you're going to go with transparencies you could choose far better colours. And certainly dont highlight the ugliness by dripping it in gloss.

I also hate the min/max/close buttons- they look too bright and washed out.

I also think that inactive windows should be more... well, slightly transparent would be nice, they're too bright at the moment to be 'inactive'.

I also dont like the grey/gray glass on the dock and the semi transparent menubar- if you're going to go with transparencies you could choose far better colours. And certainly dont highlight the ugliness by dripping it in gloss.

Well played :D.

Maybe a color/colour chooser for the Menubar and Dock would've been nice? Once I used 3rd Party Apps to do so to the Dock (changed to black), it looked a lot better and I never went back.

Then again, you totally liek da mudkipz BapeStar :P

But on a serious note, from what I see from screenshots and the brief usage of Leopard I had (in the Apple Store), I absolutely love the UI. It's grown on me hugely, I love the menubar, the dock, everything. Shapeshifter will definitely be interesting in seeing how the new themes turn out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love wild cats, but i think that Tiger is the most beautiful of all. Leopard is a nice cat, but it is a smaller and skinny. I think that same things i can say for OS X Tiger and Leopard.

Aqua (Tiger) was so powerful and original, so completed and beautiful, in other words, everything that Leopard isn't. Polished metal looks so ordinary and boring, so dead colored, nearly black & white.

I do not have mac and i don't know how god is Tiger or Leopard as operating systems, but i can tell witch one is look nicer. I am trying to emulate OS X LOOK AND FEEL on my windows for years, i cant make it to work like OS X. For that reason for me is more important LOOK

and that's why I chose Aqua. I know it is old but i like it very much and i don't going to replace it in same moment as Apple made new style just because it is "cool" now...

I start to emulate OS X look just because of beautiful Aqua look, but if there newer was Aqua, just Leopard style, I would newer start to emulate anything.

And for the end just to say that Aqua is still lives on my computer and I hope so on somebody's else's.

Sorry for bad English.