"3r-1c" Volume Control

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by starcatcher@Aug 6 2003, 03:22 PM

because of my X-wallpaper...the menu fades over the X and that doesnt look too niceĀ  :shy:

THAT'S YOUR REASON?

Ok, here's a clue...whether you're on a mac or using THIS app, it stays centered, plain and simple.

Asking for it to be moved is like adding cheese to a soda drink.

Originally posted by Duckie@Aug 6 2003, 07:33 PM

THAT'S YOUR REASON?

Ok, here's a clue...whether you're on a mac or using THIS app, it stays centered, plain and simple.

Asking for it to be moved is like adding cheese to a soda drink.

btw. in this apple shop in that i saw this app on a mac...the menu was at the bottom a little bit above the dock... but nevermind i dont wanna drink a cheesy soda :dr_evil:

:canadian:

Originally posted by Photo678@Aug 6 2003, 04:07 PM

O personally would like to see implemented into yzdock

Maybe we can get pogz to tell us the arguments/commands for the app so we can just make a shortcut to it.

thanks for this great prog man,

and thank u duckie for youre "skin" :)

Jst want u to know the app have no bug on my cpu,

and i DONT have to push any thing to get that volum thingy go away,

yeah this rock,

ohh sh## i forgot, Welcome :naughty:

peace

Originally posted by GameBoyzGB@Aug 6 2003, 06:19 PM

1. Make an option to NOT show the systray icon.

2. Allow it to be called from object bar with the slider already showing. (ie. I have a speaker icon created in ObjectBar. I click on the icon and your slider appears)

3. Let the slider fade away or disappear when you click on anything else other than the slider.

Added some new stuff today, get it here: v. 0.6.3

Changes:

• 4 system tray icon states
  • on/off tray icon
  • on/off sounds
  • the app can be run with "/control" command line switch (no quotes) to bring up the volume control only (ob/yz..)
  • fixed the "quit" bug where the app would not properly terminate

Right now, making the control window disappear when it loses focus is definately possible, I will probably add an option in core.ini for this later. The reason it didn't do this by default is that it won't work on my system (but I have got it to work on another). So -- I'll get that in soon.

The systray icon is still the old one instead of the mac version (I don't have a mac-style systray icon...) so if anyone could provide that I would be very grateful :)

Finally, wow! on the panther-style control dialog. Thanks a lot Duckie. It'd be really cool if I could include this with the application, with your permission of course :). Tell me if that's okay or not...

As far as the memory usage goes, it's still about 6mb but I've came up with a completely new way to form the dialogs which will hopefully lower resource consumption and program size...

If I've forgotten to add anything, please remind me :P

Originally posted by pogz@Aug 7 2003, 08:20 AM

Added some new stuff today,

Changes:

• 4 system tray icon states

• on/off tray icon

• on/off sounds

• the app can be run with "/control" command line switch (no quotes) to bring up the volume control only (ob/yz..)

• fixed the "quit" bug where the app would not properly terminate

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

(Y) (Y) (Y)

Looks nice,

When I try to adjust the volume using hotkeys or my keyboard controls, the volume will rise then jump right back to where it was :(

heh, n/m I fixed it by setting 'on top' off, but it still occurs when 'on top' is activated.

Oh, and it seems I dont get the volume knob popup when I click the tray.

I'm on XP pro SP1 if that helps any.

*edit* n/m the control shows up in the top left corner of my screen :shy: didnt see it there, sorry I just woke up :D

Chris

With the replaceable 4 icon systray display, I don't even need to use objectbar for this. hehe.

Now I know something that is definitely needed.

Right-clicking on the tray icon will bring up a "user-selectable" (maybe through the core or through a menu) volume control panel. (In case anyone would want to use another mixer program instead of what comes with Windows, they can specify the program of their choice)

Also maybe instead of clicking elsewhere, after you release the button, you can give the slider a 2 second delay before it fades or disappears (same time as the middle display fades).

:woot:

smaller footprint good. (Y) awsome program. couple things though.

fist, it would be great if the program does not steal focus. i know focus is restored once the volume is faded out but can the volume not take focus in the first place?

also about the sound, is there i way to specify how many steps are increased/decreased before it sounds off. because right now it sounds too often. if the sound plays every other step or every other third step, it would be better

i dont really remember but in osx doesnt the curvy sound waves change, i mean they increase/decrease with volume instead or in conjunction with the volume bar at the bottom? maybe a second skin?

lastly, what does its name stand for? 3r-1c??

awsome job man

:rule:

Great little app. I created some icons (made from the volume icon in the OSX Tray) for my objectbar theme "Finder 10.2.3", delete the volume icon in the OSX Tray and let the 3r-1c icon always show.

it looks not bad, ecxept the border of the systray icon. i don't know how to disable it.

by the way, anyone knows where to find a panther objectbar?

bye,

SioSae