New Mac keyboard?

iGo

[newsimg]http://www.aqua-soft.org/images/as_logo_128.png[/newsimg]

This....... could be or could not be!!

imac_brushed_aluminum_keyboard_full_300.jpg

Supposedly this is what the new Apple keyboard may look like. Rumors have been floating around net for quite some time now, that new Apple keyboard will be based on macbook's keyboard design... and this definitely looks so. Although, the authenticity of these pictures is yet to be confirmed. If this is to be considered as real one, it is also not confirmed if this is final iteration of product.

As for other changes in keyboard apart from visual, there are dedicated multimedia keys, Dashboard & Expose keys (with their own icons on key face), repositioned eject key and missing apple logo from command key (surprise!!).

Head over here to view more photos.

well, if you have photoshop, then you can check the flaws I found:

Look closely at the apple symbol on the sticker on the back of the keyboard! I opened the file in Adobe photoshop and did a little bit of close examining and I can tell that this is a fake, well at least the sticker... the Apple is no more than basically a big dot, possible made with a pencil tool, then they tried to kind of cut a groove for the bite, then one for the base. look closely and you will see what I'm saying. also, (I don't know about pre shipped products and what is done with them during the development process) but why would there be a barcode on the sticker? do they have to scan it every time they want to test or do some developement???. The USB connector not having an Apple or USB symbol on it doesnt really prove anything, because this product is still under the "Vail of Apple", but why would you not print the appropriate symbols, but still have the plastic clips holding the USB cable perfectly in place? Apple really only puts those on in the shipping process... Whoever has done these images worked hard to make them so convincing, but if you look in photoshop at the image of the back of the keyboard with a 734% zoom ( changeable in the "Navigator window"), turn your rulers on, then go to 8" on the top ruler, then 3" on the side ruler, you see streaks of white, probably a little bit of touch-up work left behind by the creator.... Also, just to the right of the USB connector, you can see some kind of sticker, that I cannot recall ever having on any Apple product of mine... Now, go to the image of the front of the keyboard and look closely at the delete key in the center of the keyboard, the delete symbol is way darker than really any other font on the keyboard! now, somebody check this stuff out and back me up!

Alright, I just made a huge realization on this thing that My/May not matter: look above the delete key and there is an fn function key. I have never seen this on a desktop keyboard, which strengthens the philosophy of this being a photoshop macbook keyboard...

Alright, I just made a huge realization on this thing that My/May not matter: look above the delete key and there is an fn function key. I have never seen this on a desktop keyboard, which strengthens the philosophy of this being a photoshop macbook keyboard...

It will probably be used in exactly the same way the function key is used on the MacBook...

it could be photoshopped.

but... I dont know, theres something convincing about it. (Or maybe I just want to believe the hype).

The reason I believe it;

* They changed the button names and position. Most fanboys, (like myself) wouldnt think to make a mockup so. They'd probably just change the look of the keyboard to look 'cool' and leave the button names etc untouched.

Its seem more Apple like to make the keyboard practical, rather than just focus on looks (ok, besides the hockey puck mouse).

* It ties in with the brushed aluminium imac rumour, and yet, looks different to all previous 'fake' brushed imac mockups.

The reason I dont believe it;

* have you seen the USB Ports???

it would be on an angle, scraping the desk and would likely break off...

imac-slim-keyboard-3.jpg

well, if you have photoshop, then you can check the flaws I found:

Look closely at the apple symbol on the sticker on the back of the keyboard! I opened the file in Adobe photoshop and did a little bit of close examining and I can tell that this is a fake, well at least the sticker... the Apple is no more than basically a big dot, possible made with a pencil tool, then they tried to kind of cut a groove for the bite, then one for the base. look closely and you will see what I'm saying. also, (I don't know about pre shipped products and what is done with them during the development process) but why would there be a barcode on the sticker? do they have to scan it every time they want to test or do some developement???. The USB connector not having an Apple or USB symbol on it doesnt really prove anything, because this product is still under the "Vail of Apple", but why would you not print the appropriate symbols, but still have the plastic clips holding the USB cable perfectly in place? Apple really only puts those on in the shipping process... Whoever has done these images worked hard to make them so convincing, but if you look in photoshop at the image of the back of the keyboard with a 734% zoom ( changeable in the "Navigator window"), turn your rulers on, then go to 8" on the top ruler, then 3" on the side ruler, you see streaks of white, probably a little bit of touch-up work left behind by the creator.... Also, just to the right of the USB connector, you can see some kind of sticker, that I cannot recall ever having on any Apple product of mine... Now, go to the image of the front of the keyboard and look closely at the delete key in the center of the keyboard, the delete symbol is way darker than really any other font on the keyboard! now, somebody check this stuff out and back me up!

HAHA yep im sure mate, you got dun big time "mr know it all"

• 2 weeks later...