Objectdock .99 Coming Soon!

btallack

I found this over at neowin.net. The thread is here.

Frogboy:

ObjectDock 0.99 is nearly done. The new features in it will be opening up the docklet support so that others can make them (ObjectDock has always had docklets but the plugin standard was private until we finalized the spec). It will also allow for tiling of backgrounds as well as some other changes we'll be adding to move it in its own direction as to not be too "close" to the Mac dock.

ObjectDock is freeware and will remain freeware.

Edit: Just for clarification, Frogboy is the owner of Stardock.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manage Icons? If you mean, the ability for a docklet to let the user select and icon via OD's Select Image Dialog, then yes. In addition, we also talked about the ability for a docklet to restrict a certain folder for its icons and not show all folders in the Select Image Dialog.

I am not sure if thats what you meant!

Originally posted by albeik@Aug 7 2003, 04:44 PM

:shy: Yes, it is possible using GDI+. One feature I like is the ability to have more than 1 instance of a docklet from one DLL file. Instead of copying the DLL file multiple times in Y'z Dock.

Albeik can you pm me or mail me the specs of the SDK plz ?

I'd like to give a look :)

Something that I'd like to see in OD is being able to have Trillian in the running apps area, so that I dont have to keep bringing up my taskbar and clicking on the trillian icon in the system tray everytime I want to IM someone...

Originally posted by Viper@Aug 10 2003, 06:08 PM

Something that I'd like to see in OD is being able to have Trillian in the running apps area, so that I dont have to keep bringing up my taskbar and clicking on the trillian icon in the system tray everytime I want to IM someone...

That sounds like a job for our resident docklet guru Albeik.

Originally posted by Viper@Aug 11 2003, 12:08 AM

in trillian's options, you can set whether it appears in the system tray, in the taskbar, or both

Thanks, found it, but its still only in the taskbar when it's actually displayed on the screen - eg: you click hide and it minimises to the system tray, not to the taskbar.

Another feature I'd like to see is being able to change the text colour for dock items.