Who else cannot stand the new Leopard look?

I hate it! It just looks stupid. Why have the Finder bar transparent? Why change the dock? Why get rid of brushed metal? OS X looked fine before, why change it? I hope when it does come out people will find a way to make it look like Tiger, cause I for one can't stand it. Anyone else?

I hate it! It just looks stupid. Why have the Finder bar transparent? Why change the dock? Why get rid of brushed metal? OS X looked fine before, why change it? I hope when it does come out people will find a way to make it look like Tiger, cause I for one can't stand it. Anyone else?

Why use cars, horses did the job; why have plumbing rainwater was perfectly fine; why develop drugs when leeches where the best thing.....

Its progress

I thank you

Finder Bar - I think it's weird now, but apparently, it's actually quite nice.

Dock - Same thing here. Plenty of reviewers give it the thumbs-up, especially the active reflectivity.

Brushed Metal - Because it sucks. I've never really liked brushed metal, and I'm glad it's going away.

It's progress. Physically, cars could still look like a Model T, but someone realized that forming the metals differently could have more appealing shapes.

Why use cars, horses did the job; why have plumbing rainwater was perfectly fine; why develop drugs when leeches where the best thing.....

Its progress

I thank you

Eh, so when Apple comes out with a new GUI it's necessarily progress? Or are you referring to the underlying mechanics?

I must admit, apart from the things I can only imagine was done in an absoulte last-minute panic (the folder icons, and that tacky, tacky dock), I was really impressed with the unified visuals. I've never seen gray that lickable!

BTW: What happens if you want to put the dock on the side?

Its progress

I thank you

We use cars because they're faster than horses, better looking, and don't kick or bite and make hell when they get annoyed. We never said anything about the new features of Leopard, but for the looks...Ugh! I'd rather have brushed metal anyday than the greased plastic look they've put up :mad:. The dock is not that bad, though.

Its progress

I thank you

Progress is making things better, the features certainly are, but the GUI isn't. Thats not progress, at least Tiger looked better and apparently, I am not the only one who thinks so.

The only thing i hate about the Leopard are the folder's new look and the awful delay...

Come to think of it, i think bill got Karma for copying mac, so steve decided to copy off vista.

Good one, steve!Keep up the good work!

I love the dock, even if a reflective dock was MY idea a long time ago :mad: ... As long as it doesn't kill performance too much. A friend of mine on an August 2006 MBP says it doesn't slow you down, though, and he hated the transparent menu bar (as did I). He's had Leopard for a while now, and says he's actually gotten quite used to it. Apparently, it really does make the desktop seem cleaner.

Brushed metal sucks. :P Period. The first day I got my Mac (7 days ago), I put on this thing called UNO, and I'm good for now, until I find the time to look for themes to use with Shapeshifter.

The icons in Leopard are absolutely hideous. I wanted the windows and background UI to be slick and unified, not the damn folders. The folders are so ugly, they don't deserve to be called unified, anyway, I call them monochrome; several shades of one color, all around. Eww. I think the Leopard designers were tipsy when they did that bit, I'm soo serious.

Cover Flow in Finder... yeah, moving on.

The apps are absolutely sick, though. My friend ditched Adium for the new iChat (OMG!), and we've all seen the previews. Leopard is good, most of the way it looks is bad.

I like the new soft metal look than Brushed look... I use to like brushed, FYI. But this new unified look is good, looks elegant (face it, brushed metal is for hardware). Though I admit at first, the transparent menu bar looks weird.

It's not soft metal. It's greasy plastic that's been through a blast furnace and then put in a slurry of industrial oils...:P It's the only reason I can't bring myself to use Safari for Windows. It is, to put in one word, ghastly. In my opinion, at least, and in those of many others...

(1st post :))

I've allways desired to get that brushed metal for my Mac emulation on windows and now im also disappointed with that "plastic background" for Leopard. Win XP theme had so many "plastic" on it that it hurted my eyes, it's a big error to remove that metal style.

Fortunatelly Leopard isn't all bad for me, the dock change looks great, the menu bar is a bit too far transparent but also cool. All together give some kind of "depth" to your screen, as if you could enter inside.

• 10 months later...

I might be queer but even i find the pink revolting... especially with cold silver and washed out caption buttons... the gloss on the dock is impractical and just plain ugly. The transparent menubar was a good idea, but the grey shade in it doesnt work.

... thats why im working on Loco for leopard.

checkout my last post in the loco thread for a teaser.

The only thing I do like about Leopard is the consistancy of the windows. I like the unified gradients and I think the illuminous/quicklook/coverflow elements are kinda cool.

It's not soft metal. It's greasy plastic that's been through a blast furnace and then put in a slurry of industrial oils...:P It's the only reason I can't bring myself to use Safari for Windows. It is, to put in one word, ghastly. In my opinion, at least, and in those of many others...

Bahaha LOL... while I disagree with your dislike of the window shade, I must admit your greasy plastic blast furnace description had me in stitches.

I might be queer

You might be?! I thought you were for sure... :P

(Levi i think you knew on some conscious level that someone would make that joke xD)

Besides that, i love leopard. I know before i said i hated it, but it really grew on me. The transparent menu bar looks very nice, the dock.... nice, but when modded looks beautiful. The icons are still the only aspect i dislike of leopard. They look like they're made of the candy used to make shock tarts (if you've ever seen/eaten them).