Where to start with computer programming?

While I agree that HTML doesn't count as programming, working with it helps you to become more meticulous in error detecting. I think its a great place to start. That's where I had my start! Then I moved on to C++ (a required course when I was an undergrad). Learning C++ really helped me to catch on to PHP. I dabbled in SQL a bit and I'm breaking ground into AJAX now.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm i really wanna learn how to program too... i wanna make nice standalone emulation programs like a finder clone, finderbar or about screen.

i know some css coding from firefox skins and the ieview templates in miranda IM but they are easy to understand. what do u think is the best lang for me?

greetz fyton5

• 3 weeks later...
CSS/HTML: It's programming.

Honest.

If html is a programming language, its a mockery to the term 'programer' any tard can code html or learn it overnight... and anyone who says "I'm a programmer... I can code html" is a douche

Non-computational languages, such as markup languages like HTML or formal grammars like BNF, are usually not considered programming languages.

if wiki says it, its gotta be true.

If html is a programming language, its a mockery to the term 'programer' any tard can code html or learn it overnight... and anyone who says "I'm a programmer... I can code html" is a douche

if wiki says it, its gotta be true.

Just as I said :P

• 7 months later...

ok i want to start computer programing.

so where do i start?

logo, Perl, Python, Objective C, Silverlight, Java, DesktopX, C#, C++,Visual Basic, pascal, Fortran, Delphi.

where can i download C. tryed google but cant find any good links.

Edited by dope2
  • 1 month later...

I'll revive this one a bit and throw a curve ball at you: what would I want to learn if I want to be able to program for both Mac and PC, apart from Java? I've been dabbling in programming but I suck at it so I want to learn seriously, so might as well learn something I can use on all my computers!

• 4 months later...