• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK... after screwing around with it some more, I finally got it to work in Vista.

Not bad... still hate the font substitution/rendering. Gives me a frikkin headache.

Slower than Firefox, equal with IE7 as far as page loading speed goes.

Here's the funny one... I went to eBay and got this lovely message....

safari-ebay.jpg

I almost spit my drink on my monitor.

Looks like eBay doesn't like Safari either. :D

I don't have any problems with eBay. Maybe due to the fact that you're using Vista? So far on the XP Pro that i tried it on, it renders faster and better than FireFox does and haven't found a site it didn't like yet. Hmmm let's try those p*** sites. :D

Yea... Safari worked fine on my XP machine, but I think the guys at Apple need to work on Vista support a bit more.

Still buggy as hell on my Vista machine.

There were no problems with eBay at all really... it was just the warning message that I got when I first went to eBay after installing Safari.

I've been running Safari on Vista with only a couple really annoying issues. (at least for me)

Has anyone else seen these? And maybe know a solution?

1. Can't edit "names & passwords" and "other forms" in AutoFill Preferences

2. Browser window sometimes reverts to default size when Safari is opened.

I have reported these to Apple, but who know how long before they are fixed.

Thanks

[[Edit]]

Can anybody else manage passwords with Safari????????

Safari 3.0.2 is lightyears better than than intial release. The font problem (at least on my system) is gone. All of the fonts look right. Safari RSS actually has text.

It did crash when i first updated it.

Get the update (Apple Software Update on both Windows and Macs should pester you about it...).

The scrolling is very rough in Safari compared to FF and IE.

The page load time was much faster than FF and a little faster than IE.

Back and Forward mouse buttons don't work (may just need to reset them in the mouse software)

After a bit of testing it out, I think i like my current browsers much better:

FF: Slower load time, but all the functionality and more.

IE: Slightly slower, but with IEpro addon, the gestures make browsing fast.

Seamonkey Alpha: best load screen ever

Mozilla: Still handy on occasion.

Safari: Looks ok after testing it for about an hour, I guess... The private browsing would have been hot about 2-3 years ago... iChat on the other hand would be fun to have, although very unnecessary.

Safari 3.0.2 work really nice here on my machine and MUCH better than previous releases. There are still some annoying things [as mentioned above], but all in all, I like the browser and hope that it get fixed and optimized very soon and works without any problems in October.

OK... after screwing around with it some more, I finally got it to work in Vista.

Not bad... still hate the font substitution/rendering. Gives me a frikkin headache.

Slower than Firefox, equal with IE7 as far as page loading speed goes.

Here's the funny one... I went to eBay and got this lovely message....

safari-ebay.jpg

I almost spit my drink on my monitor.

Looks like eBay doesn't like Safari either. :D

Yeah, I use eBay. What's funny, it that Ebay looks like it does in IE, Firefox, and Opera, with no message. What does Safari not have, that eBay is looking for?

iTim: new tab button... whats wrong with keystroke CTRL + T ?

I don't know, I'm just so used to it being a button. I don't use hot keys very much while browsing, so its really annoying. If I had to I suppose I could get used to it, but I'd rather just stick with Firefox.

I installed Safari on Windows XP yesterday. I love the interface and layout of Safari, but i feel it is lacking in some features in comparison to Firefox.

I'd like to be able to have a new tab icon, open a new tab with homepage and searches open a new tab with Safari. Hopefully these features will be available in future releases.

Also it seems to be quite a memory hog in comparison to Firefox.