• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My point was that they shouldn't have released it publicly at all, until they make it work a lot better than this. As far as first impressions go, this is not a good one!

Beta software isn't supposed to be a trial or a way to get first impressions, it's a way to help devs discover/fix bugs. you have some crashes? nice, you will be able to help.

if you downloaded this thinking: nice, I can finally try it out and make it my fav. browser, you're out of luck.

Beta software isn't supposed to be a trial or a way to get first impressions, it's a way to help devs discover/fix bugs. you have some crashes? nice, you will be able to help.

if you downloaded this thinking: nice, I can finally try it out and make it my fav. browser, you're out of luck.

Thats the most sensible comment yet, thank god someone is still talking sense

Well I have a few problems:

It crashes sometimes when Im trying to login into something (like writing my password and it crashes

Crashes when I try to access my Bookmarks

It doesn't remember that I loged in forever in some forums and websites.

English Vista x86

To fix the font issue, remove the crappy versions of Lucida Grande from your font folder. Then go into program files, find the safari folder, look for the 2 lucida grande fonts apple packaged safari with, install those, (restart to be safe) and the app should work fine now.

I am replying using Safari on Vista.. I am a little disappointed with the looks of it. I don't know really... I was expecting something more. I would like the color at the top to be a bit lighter, kind of like the lighter shade of the Uno Smooth which I have seen on a friend's Mac..

How long before people start skinning this? :P

I want a theme that really looks like OS X. I just got ObjectBar so my whole computer looks like OS X except for Safari. lol

To fix the font issue, remove the crappy versions of Lucida Grande from your font folder. Then go into program files, find the safari folder, look for the 2 lucida grande fonts apple packaged safari with, install those, (restart to be safe) and the app should work fine now.

Didn't work. Still have no text anywhere in Safari. Uninstalling...again.

i installed it, and because i was trying out browsers yesterday i also installed opera (what the hey), both browsers lasted around an hour on my system before i decided i still liked firefox and even IE7 more then either.

There is something safari seems to communicate: "this is not your browser - i will open when i want, i will look the way i want, window sizes are irrelevant, i wasn't even supposed to be here"

@ Davordg: Do you have an English Windows? If not, then go into your Safari folder and search for files/folders with the prefix "en." and change it to your system-language.

For exampe: You use a German copy of Windows, then you'll have to rename the folder "en.lproj" into "de.lproj"

I'm starting to feel a little angry with the constant crashing and freezing...

Although I am happy to see it expand its horizon to Windows...I would prefer to use it on my Mac, only unless I am away and I MUST use a PC, like at work or somewhere similar...

But one feature I am happy to see brought to Safari 3 is the ability to export and import bookmarks...I had problems with sharing bookmarks between computers before, but now everything is looking good from that point.

By the way, hasn't anyone learned that Safari will not support a lot of developers apps/plugins in the future when Leopard is released? Its sad, I know.

I'm starting to feel a little angry with the constant crashing and freezing...

Whadya expect from a Beta? I think we've all been spoiled by everyone releasing betas that are actually better qualified as pre-Releases.

Sad to hear about the future for plugins. I see the point from a very basic security perspective but, there are other ways around this IMO.

Have had it running since release with only one crash on XP Sp2. Asides from the initial font issues (which probably only hits most emulators/mod enthusiasts) I like it. Needs to improve it's performance though.

Holy mother of god, I've been away for 4 days, with no internet and come back to find this.

Just to fulfil my curiosity I've install it. Fingers cross no problems so far.

I suppose by doing this Apple might hope more people with see what a Mac has to offer and gain more sales out it. Personally I think it's too late, anyone who doesn't like IE have already jumped to Firefox or Opera. Only time will tell.

I think I had it installed for a full 10 mins then uninstalled again. It is really awful, this was neber ready for a beta release. I want a browser that browses safely not one that looks pretty and like a mac. Which funnily enough it doesnt. I'm sorry you have been unsuccessful in this instance apple, try again, Next please