I really like the fonts and look of it. However there are somethings I like firefox more for though:

1. It loads up faster

2. Loads pages way faster

3. So much more customizable

4. Adblock

Still I understand that this is still beta so I’m going to keep it on my computer, but probably use firefox.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if this came out a few years ago i'd be jumping for joy, but now ehhh i dunno im kind of comfortable with firefox, it's treated me very well over the years and i love all their extensions, all very useful. still this is very good news but i doubt alot of people are prepared and willing to jump ships just yet.

Well i tested it to destruction last night and only crashed it once...

I wouldn't get too excited over skinning it yet, there are gonna be a few updates by the time OCT comes round, and of course it looks a little rough around the edges some of you keep forgetting its only a BETA.

What i found interesting was a few friends were also testing it last night and had terrible trouble installing and running. Where as mine went without a glitch, my PC is mainly run as a Gaming Rig so has very little on there, Runs XP Pro, FireFox and Skype, and not a trace of IE in sight

I kind of don't think iMove and iPhoto are going to be released for Windows.. at least not soon. You have to realize that those programs aren't even included with OS X they are a part of iLife which people actually have to pay for. iTunes and Safari are free though. iChat perhaps but those others would have to be a part of an iLife for windows... iPhoto anyway.

Apple releasing any other programs for Windows users is highly unlikely, as it would be much easier to just keep one's Windows computer and download the Mac programs. They're only releasing Safari for Windows because of the new iPhone, from what I understand.

I'm with iko1234, however. I want skins for this! Y'know, in case any developers out there are reading this. ;)

Apple makes the worst windows software. The windows version of safari just scares me when I run it under vista. Looks dead awful, the app is a resource hog.

Is useful for web developers now, they don't need a mac to see what their site looks like on one.

wow its really snappy on windows...i wonder whos gonna crack its skinning capabilities *cough*localhost*cough* hint hint nudge nudge lol If he could though that would be great. Its working so nicely right now and i get to use my bookmarks from firefox woo!...ill stick with firefox till it looks nicer lol

As most of the fan boys are saying- it is just a beta. If this had any promising features then maybe that argument would work. Porting an average program (Camino is better) is not going to make it better. Its only being released due to the upcoming 'revolutionary: out-dated, overpriced' iPhone release, and has little use except for mac emulation.

Sigh !!

First we try to skin the hell out of FireFox to make it look like safari, now that we got Safari... we wanna skin the hell outta of it too.

That's what happens when effect becomes more imporatant, over cause.

ask yourself why do Mac users change their default skin too? same reasons why Windows users try to emulate Safari using Firefox.

Whoa Shady.... I have nothing against skinning, What I'm saying is clean in the second line

That's what happens when effect becomes more imporatant, over cause.
I would try and explain it in details, but right now it's 0300 hrs here and I'm pretty dozy to type anything more.... :)