Who's getting an iphone?

There is no way to unlock the iPhone to use on another GSM carrier.

Plus the Visual Voice mail is a network specific feature that only AT&T is setup to deliver.

I'm sure that between Apple and AT&T, they have this thing locked up tighter than shit.

Edit: I guess it does use a SIM card, but where in the hell do you put it?

I know the back doesn't come off.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.engadget.com/photos/iphone-firs...n-and-unboxing/

Just as I thought. The ESN and IMEA number are printed on the back.

This means the damn SIM card is embedded.

And the fools on eBay are already trying to sell them for thousands of dollars.

Morons. That trick only works when there isn't enough product to go around.

People are sheep.

Edit: AHH!! It's made in China!

I expect it to fall apart after a few weeks.

I got an iPhone, thing is freaking amazing. I'll take some pictures later today hopefully, I just need to get my digital camera back. Was browsing Aqua-Soft on it earlier (pic above is mine), loads real fast and is very nice.

This is gonna sell millions, even for the non-believers and haters as soon as they try a demo unit I think it'll be an impulse buy right there. My dad was a big skeptic and he just bought a phone a month or two ago and he's thinking of terminating his contract to get an iPhone after he played around with it.

I won't buy a iPhone.

1.) It's way to expensive and you have to pay 60$ a month if i got it correctly (which is a lot of money)

2.) What's new about it, except the little advanced touch interface? There are a lot of other smartphones which can do the same and some things even better. And some features aren't really needed imo.

3.) I've got an iPod, just everything i need to hear my music.

For my work I'm out of town alot in hotels. I spend alot of time on the road (not in a car). I would love to have music, watch movies and check the internet while I'm at work. I'm going to look at one today and see what happens (might be that impulse buy). I just think the memory is small and will be upgraded greatly in the next release (just my opinion). I would really hate to get this now and have a 30gig come out in 3 or 4 months.

I don't not currently use AT&T. That would be a problem! I'm not switching again! I also think that it is too expesive for only 4gb or 8gb! For all my music it would be about 5gb... just the ones I listen to... 8gb if I chose all of them. Add another 3gb for movies and YouTube videos I've downloaded. Not enough storage. I don't use my phone that much... Mostly my home phone. So I won't use over an hour a month. I won't want to activate it. Also I think eventually they will make an iPod that does all those features just no phone, internet etc. Just the amazing iPod features. That is basically just what attracts me to the iPhone. Theres my little life story.

EDIT: If I could change the SIM card everything would be a lot better. Except the low storage.

To my surprise my local AT&T store still has a few in stock. However after paying them a visit

their staff had little to no knowledge about the product. I had some basic questions for them

and they were stumped. I later found the answers to them on the net from actual users. This

type of attitude ruins it for me. I need to feel confident about something before shelling out

so much money for it. These idiots were just there for a paycheck and did not care about the

customers or the products they are selling. I will get one now through Apple, I guess I can wait

or who knows maybe I will pay these losers a second visit, maybe this is the reason they did not

sell that well at this particular store.

To my surprise my local AT&T store still has a few in stock. However after paying them a visit

their staff had little to no knowledge about the product. I had some basic questions for them

and they were stumped. I later found the answers to them on the net from actual users. This

type of attitude ruins it for me. I need to feel confident about something before shelling out

so much money for it. These idiots were just there for a paycheck and did not care about the

customers or the products they are selling. I will get one now through Apple, I guess I can wait

or who knows maybe I will pay these losers a second visit, maybe this is the reason they did not

sell that well at this particular store.

If you had that attitude when you went in maybe they just didn't want to help you. Why would you want help from a bunch of losers?

There was no attitude on my part, i'm always very respectful of others but in this case

all the employees really had no knowledge. It was as if they didnt read thier sales materials.

I was not the only customer left wondering. I had other customers asking me questions.

The point is poor customer service at this location and they managed to get me irritated which

is not easy to do! A friend of mine managed to snag one yesterday at a different store. I have had

some time to tinker with it and it is pretty cool. I will get mine soon hopefuly.

Yeah, there are always losers selling Apple products (which are frequently great).

Someday, about two years ago i went to the local MacStore and asked for the price of the PowerMac G5. They didn't even now that it existed! It was released on 2003 or 2004 i think. I said, c'mon dude, you've got to know it, i mean, you're working for apple; then he said "Do you mean the iMac?", then i finally saw it, and i told him "THIS ONE, LOSER!" so he said, "Ahhh, the metallic one with little holes, that Mac", ppl who sells Apple Mac frequently have no idea of what are they selling. I paid my iPod nano and that guy was using a PC to register the payment!

BTW I'm not getting the iPhone, it'll be too expensive here, and i want a cellphone compatible with all my Java applets. Ah, and i LOVE Sony Ericsson too much.

Blame Apple for picking EDGE.

AT&T has a 3G network that kicks ass, Apple chose not to use it.

Most 3G phones support both EDGE and UMTS/HSDPA (3G). So if you're in an area that DOESN'T have 3G, you can fall back to EDGE.

Apple's excuse not to support both is just lame.