Who's getting an iphone?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm feelin the iPhone and would definitely buy one if it was sold at a cheaper price, 600 is way too much for me and even if i did have the money to spare i'd never spend that much on a cellphone...yes im aware its capable of doing much more but it's primarily a cellphone; besides i've only had my v3i for 7 months so i think ill continue to use that for another year or so, by then Apple should introduce a cheaper version of their iPhone's, ive already started hearing rumors about one coming out as early as this Christmas.

Spec's wise it's pretty solid, quadband, 8gb of internal memory (which is good enough for people like me who owns a simple 2gb nano), 2.0mp camera, a genuine internet browser, plays video/audio, bluetooth 2.0 with EDR and best of all its got wifi so i dont need those stupid data packages to get online. Sucks for people who don't have Cingular, you guys gotta wait half a decade to get one, better plan on switching if you dont got the patience for it.

Firstly, it's possible that the iPhone's price already covers the plan. Most phones you buy are linked with a carrier. Frequently, you'll either buy the service and get the phone for free, or buy the phone for a lot of money and get the service. Who's to say this won't be the case with iPhone either?

Next, I'd love to get the iPhone. I don't have the cash, and I'm not counting on it, but I'd love to just try it once.

The MOTO ROKR was designed by Motorola and Apple.

IIRC, it was discontinued ages ago. It sucked.

The RAZR V8, V9 and V9M is the newest ones out.

The V8 and V9M can hold a 2GB Micro SD and has a built in MP3 player.

I still dig my RAZR. I like that I can tweak it. The iPhone doesn't strike me as being to tweakable for now anyway.

rjohnstone, i know exactly what you mean. I recently got a SGH-D900 and being T-Mobile (like the RAZR) most of the features have been replaced by what T-Mobile wants. Agreed, they give a free phone but i don't want their crap, and i can't remove it on this phone like the RAZR, its not too tweakable. While i like apple's interface i fear what the mobile companies are going to do to it, maybe three separate menu items replaced by provider logos :o.

coldwerturkey: wtf? shut up or make sense :P

It won't be arriving anytime soon in Canada. The only upside for me is that I wouldn't have too much crap in my pockets. I have a moto q, and my ipod nano, so it's really bulky when it's not in my jacket pockets. The iPhone would solve that, but I still wouldn't get it.

Me, never.

1) Too much money.

2) Verizon pwns the shi!t out of AT&T, period.

3) Rate and data plan? BS.

1) I agree completely

2) Depends on where you are... where I live, Verizon sucks. That's why I went with Cingular (AT&T).

3) What's BS about it? You have a plan for the voice (making calls) and then you have a plan for data (internet, email, etc)... just like every other PDA phone out there.

The prices are not out of line with any other PDA phone rate plan.

The only thing that sucks is my corporate discount from AT&T doesn't apply to the iPhone. :mad:

Add me to list of people that aren't buying it.

One, it's too expensive; 2, it's too expensive, and 3, it's too expensive. Plus it seems like a retread on what's already on the market...

Yes, it's attractive, but is it worth what they're asking for it? I'm a free phone kind of guy.

Of course, I don't own an iPod, either...;)

It won't be arriving anytime soon in Canada. The only upside for me is that I wouldn't have too much crap in my pockets. I have a moto q, and my ipod nano, so it's really bulky when it's not in my jacket pockets. The iPhone would solve that, but I still wouldn't get it.

I probably would get it if it was on Telus or Bell, but not Rogers..

My order says 2 days. Im so excited!

First off, I am a long time AT&T customer. Ive had my moto KRZR for about a month and a half now. Today, I went down to the 5th Avenue Apple store about 3 blocks from here, so look around some like I do every week.

I noticed that the iPhone demo piece (in the glass), had its screen broken! i saw the leaf-effect! :o. What raced through my mind was:

"does it break easily? should i be extra careful with it? is it heat related?"

so many things rushed through my mind. Of course i called over a genius right away. He took it out, and let me hold it!!!!!!! I actually touched an iPhone before it came out! even though it was broken, boy did i savior those 30 seconds.

Anyway, the genius there just took it away into the back room or somewhere, saying it was defected or something. So i left.

Anyway, 2 more days. Then I will have my own! :)

Just out of curiousity, what do you think of the leaf on the screen? obviously no one tuched it, so it wasnt human error that broke it.

Sadly I move to AK so there is no AT&T/Cingular/AT&T and I just ditched my plan from AT&T. So unless you can unlock the iphone I wont be getting one.

I personally don't own a nice mp3 player.. so that was my main reason to get the iphone. plus I don't like carrying soo much stuff in my pockets.

But since I can already hold 2 gigs worth of stuff on my n6126, and it plays mp3's and video(if i re-encode them to a 3gp format). I could prob wait on the iphone.