WWDC 07 Discussion

69 members have voted

1. 1.

• Leopard and/or the New iLife suite (lets face it, iMovie and iPhoto are getting a bit stale)
    • Illuminous (the new aqua)
    • New Macbook
    • New iMac
    • New Mac Pro
    • New Mac Mini and/or Media Center
    • Apple TV Tuner dongle (look it up)
    • New iPod 6th Generation
    • Other (please explain....)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Levi.... cross your fingers, Apple Store is DOWN !! **Start the Guessing Game**

lol I went to bed... hahaha its more fun that way, you wake up to christmas.

but im somewhat dissapointed...

no new imac.

:(

lol.

And Safari for Windows??? NO!!! I mean iTunes was a good idea, the phenomenon that is iPod+iTunes needed to happen, and it made me switch to the apple platform. but safari?

It needs to compete with the new browsers out there (firefox which is open source and ever growing in its abilities) and the new internet explorer 7 (which is imho just as good as safari really).

and geez apple, get rid of that grey theme, it doesnt work in windows!

OK, now , what i'm wrapped about-

the new finder. wow. At first the idea of coverflow sounded stupid, but now im sold (after watching the demo of previewing files).

And yay they've implemented transparencies into the menu bar! (more apple more, just dont do a complete impracticle Vista on us, ok?) ... and more of 'illuminous' the slick shiney black style... dont stop there apple!

the dock- yuk! that shape is stupid. but desktop 'stack' is a really cool idea.

EDIT- The dock is 3D!!! (sorry thought it was just an odd trampezium shape) the icons sit on it like its a shelf and pop up off it..... wicked!

its kinda nice i guess.... better than the glossy and pinstripe look... but... yeah I miss having those sub categories that open depending on what tab ur in.

and the grey is a little... hmm.... i like the gradient i guess looks like an apple window- but it should be transparent (like the dock) and then depending on what tab ur in a background should show up behind it.... or something....

the search bar incorporation is cool...but what i love most is the incorporation of the new apple logo.

nahh I think Apple will go further.

I like the transparency. So long as they dont go ape crazy with it (like in vista), because it makes window switching difficult etc.

But I think we're yet to see the full theme for leopard. I mean the preview looked all a bit inconsistant-

in finder they had the old blue gel scroll bars.

in itunes they use those grey pastel ones.

in coverflow they are black and shiney.

Steve said in his keynote that all the different windows would theme/look consistant.

(cant remember the exact words).

Its a shame that finder seems to have taken the grey buttons from itunes.... but as I said, it might all just be a cover... till they unviel the "illuminous' theme in its entirity.

Hey guys.

So. If you haven't checked out the new Apple.com, and the Keynote address of WWDC/07, looking at the new OS from Apple, I'm personally somewhat overwhelmed / disappointed. Why? Here are some reasons.

- The glassy finder bar, the glassy effects, the mirror images on the dock, and the official wallpaper, all very much resembles Vista. Usually Windows copies Mac OS X, but now I find it the other way around.

- there are too many features which are err.. I think a bit unnecessary. I mean, do I REALLY need to have so many options to live-preview a file? I mean the amount of time it will take me to get used to every thing that pops out at me in this new UI, I might as well just load the original application.

- I really hope the transparent bar on top can be turned to solid, because I don't think the look is consistent at all.

I just think that Tiger looks more consistent and the overall look is more pleasant.

I dunno, I'm not being negative, but I think it's just all too much. What do you guys think?

Hey guys.

So. If you haven't checked out the new Apple.com, and the Keynote address of WWDC/07, looking at the new OS from Apple, I'm personally somewhat overwhelmed / disappointed. Why? Here are some reasons.

- The glassy finder bar, the glassy effects, the mirror images on the dock, and the official wallpaper, all very much resembles Vista. Usually Windows copies Mac OS X, but now I find it the other way around.

I saw no comparison to Vistas 'Aero/Glass' Effect. I saw better graphics due to the coreimage ability but that was about it.

- there are too many features which are err.. I think a bit unnecessary. I mean, do I REALLY need to have so many options to live-preview a file? I mean the amount of time it will take me to get used to every thing that pops out at me in this new UI, I might as well just load the original application..

Maybe YOU don't really need to have so many options to live-preview. Oh dear Its gonna take you time to get used to a new OS? Shock horror you must have been stuffed going from OS9 to OSX or Win98 to XP.

I just think that Tiger looks more consistent and the overall look is more pleasant.

Stick with Tiger then....

I dunno, I'm not being negative, but I think it's just all too much. What do you guys think?

I think you are being negative.. you focused on all the points that YOU personally don't like from seeing a few demos at a Keynote, you mention nothing of the positive such as Safari on windows, Games from EA and id coming back to the Mac, a full 64bit system, a single price for 1 version of the OS, many exciting new features in iChat.... I could go on and on and on.

hm, well you're certainly right, I am being biased. But by the same token, assume this scenario. Assume that Apple has created the ideal OS. Reality is, even when it has reached that point of an awesome OS, it still keeps having to create something "new" to keep things rolling - but then, at some point they are going to run out of ideas of what to do with a regular computer environment... I mean this can't last forever. They can shift things back and forth to make more money, but it's just not really necessary i find. Just an opinion my friend =)

Apart from Tranparent Menubar, what exactly other thing looked like Vista?

Vista doesn't do "Live" reflections.. if that's the only glassy thing you wanna cash your comment on.

Hitting a spacebar to Quick-View a file in finder is too much work/lot-of-steps-to-follow to you?

Brushed+Unified+Aqua+Plastic.... all in Tiger, leopard going with major Unified look... so really, Tiger is more consistent?

My dear friend, you are not only being Negative.... but you're positively Biased (and also probably confused) and determined to be Negative.

Problems I see, the dock now takes up more space. Which I hate already, Another thing there is no longer the top border of the dock so when you have a window the full size its going to look a bit odd with the dock/reflection.

ONE BIG problem I have, is how ugly and too transparent that finder bar is. It still has the Aqua menus but its like 25% opaque and is all gray.

Ah well, finder looks hot though, can't wait to try that out. New finder alone is worth it, rest of the features are bs imo.

Reality is, even when it has reached that point of an awesome OS, it still keeps having to create something "new" to keep things rolling - but then, at some point they are going to run out of ideas of what to do with a regular computer environment... I mean this can't last forever.

...What progression ?

Thats hardly stepping on mac fanboy toes....its just looking at whats right and wrong...i really hate the term fanboy that gets thrown around all the time on the net....you correct on person on something and you get called a fanboy of it.....its like someone saying saying 'maybe you should marry it if you like it so much' when all you do is just state the obvious....