iPod6 Leaked Video?

And because flash doesn't break, and its fast as light.

flash breaks after approximately 10^6 writes. That might seem like a lot but its the reason why it's not used for RAM. It'll be fine for an ipod unless you have limited space and are constantly swapping out movies and songs etc.

but you will end up paying more for the ipod, which isn't really fair since its already far too expensive here in the uk. That video is a fake, it's just not apple's style to leak stuff.

nahh

... fake.

I recon he made it with some 3D animation program, incorporating things from the iphone and/or itunes coverflow demonstration.

And to cover up the 'glossiness' of the animation (animations lack that realness factor) he filmed the screen on which the animation was playing instead of directly uploading it.

-Anyway, the widescreen iPod comes in the form of the iPhone, it wouldn't be worth Apple's effort to design/make 'another'.

besides, we all know the next iPod (6G not the 'iPod6') will be flash based, thinner, and will feature the coloured iodised aluminium shell (as used by the mini, nano and shuffle)

Levi dude i totally agree with you on the aluminium shell and flash based ipod 6th gen.../i just hope they increase the screen size and storage capacity enough so watching movies on ipods would actually be worthwhile

-Anyway, the widescreen iPod comes in the form of the iPhone, it wouldn't be worth Apple's effort to design/make 'another'.

Why not, its the way foward for the iPod to be able to view video in 16:9. The only way they can do that is by removing the click wheel, and as they have the multi touch technology this design would seem natural.

besides, we all know the next iPod (6G not the 'iPod6') will be flash based, thinner, and will feature the coloured iodised aluminium shell (as used by the mini, nano and shuffle)

Well we dont 'all know' anything. Flash based isnt the answer for us with 10,000 songs + videos. Also, the aluminum shell isnt a 'pro' style apple look or design. I think they will come out with something more along the lines of the previous ipods and leave coloured shells to the casing companies.

If it is flashed base, i do hope that Apple finds a way to actually be able to increase the life span of it. It is already delicate enough, so would we give up delicacy (or however your spell it) for life span? An iPod only has a life span of about 5 years...so...unless Apple states the iPod will last longer than 5 years and be flash based, i'd go for it.

If it is flashed base, i do hope that Apple finds a way to actually be able to increase the life span of it. It is already delicate enough, so would we give up delicacy (or however your spell it) for life span? An iPod only has a life span of about 5 years...so...unless Apple states the iPod will last longer than 5 years and be flash based, i'd go for it.

is it true that they have a life span of only 5 years? if it is then im surprised i never knew that :slant:

Clearly a CG render with video overlay.

The camera moves are too smooth for someone without a stedicam and they would have had to have a damn expensive lense to get so close without distortion or blurring.

Nice job though and it could be the promise of things to come

I hope so

I stepped on my old 5G Video iPod ... but now I can get 6G without feeling bad about not using my 400$ 5G
U mean you broke it by stepping on it?? Boy you must be using some tough shoes.. I had mine 3G ran over by car once. Nuthing but very bad scratches, the damn thing went on working just fine !!
Also, the aluminum shell isnt a 'pro' style apple look or design.

...which is why they have implemented Aluminium shell for the Mac PRO and Macbook PRO models. yes.

(The 'look' is also present in the Mac mini, even tho its not pro, its still got the apple 'look' and 'design')

I think they will come out with something more along the lines of the previous ipods

Such as the mini and current nano and shuffle models.

(All feature coloured anodized aluminium shells)

Well we dont 'all know' anything.

True. this was sarcasm. My Apologies. Ozzy slang doesnt translate on the web. My first paragraph of this post was too.

Nobody knows what Jobs will pull out of the hat on the day...I said "we all know" as though, you all agree with my ideas, or was trying to persuade you into my thinking. it was a joke, laugh.

At least smile damnit!

Flash based isnt the answer for us with 10,000 songs + videos.

Actually, it could be...

Samsung, Toshiba and other drive manufacturers, have already begun implementing flash hard drives (32GB and higher) into notebooks.

thier is no logical reason other than cost (which drops 35-40 % on NAND flash per year) for these drives not to be implemented into iPods now.

for an interesting article see here;

http://news.com.com/Bye-bye+hard+drive,+he..._3-6005849.html

Why not, its the way foward for the iPod to be able to view video in 16:9. The only way they can do that is by removing the click wheel, and as they have the multi touch technology this design would seem natural.

I dunno, im just sold on the good ol' humble touchwheel...

Like... the wheel is more of a lazy man's interface, you can do it one handed with your thumb... its more practical for say commuters, who may be drinking a coffee on thier way to work etc...

you sort of need two hands for the touchscreen, one hand to hold it, the other to scroll/control.

That's about as real as my girlfriend's tits.

What!?! its not butter!? ... I Mean,.... i felt them the other night.... and they felt so... oh-ohh...