Taskbar problem

Hello,

taskbarproblem.PNG

As you can see from the pic, there's some white space under the blue selected window (it is Visual Style/msstyle - this one is Acua, but the same problem is with other VSs)??

This "bug" or whatever started a few days ago when I applied AveDesk 1.3. I don't know if AveDesk has anything to do with it, but it started the second i applied AveDesk 1.3.

Does anyone know how can I fix this problem?

Thanks a lot,

Mickey

Thx for the quick answer, but that's not it. It is checked already. I unchecked it and checked it again at this moment and the same problem apears again.

Any ideas?

Thank you very much!!!

... This blue line apears when "Lock the taskbar" is unchecked??

blueline.PNG

Maybe this got something to do with it??

Thank you!!

I had the same problem some time ago.

Some programmes like WMP or iTunes can place control-buttons to your taskbar. But those buttons are made for big taskbars, like XP's default Luna VS. In order to make them fit, the taskbar gets enlarged by the control-buttons. I don't know how this is called in English, but you have to right-click on your taskbar and then you must go to "Symbolleisten" and look if anything is checked.

I made a screenshot for you to show you what I mean:

taskbares8.jpg

I hope this will help you!

YES, Operator! This solves the problem.

Thank you all very very much for the help!!!!

Edit: @ MICHIRU - last time i didn't see your pics for some reason. I'm not sure I understand the pics and what those right 'elements' are? Thank you for your help, but Operator's solution worked. Thanks again.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

@ kir84: What do you mean with removing the taskbar? If you want to get rid of it so that you don't see it anymore, then uncheck "Lock taskbar" by right-clicking on it and then click with the left mouse button on the taskbar to make it smaller. After that, just check "Lock taskbar" again and has disappeared.

@ kir84: Sorry for that, I haven't checked if it is possible this way. Nevertheless, I found a Registry-file for you which should remove the taskbar. You can download it here:

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/taskbarremove.reg

Here's, what's inside the .reg:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerStuckRects2]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionPoliciesExplorer]

"NoSetTaskbar"=dword:00000001

"NoTrayItemsDisplay"=dword:00000001

"HideClock"=dword:00000001

"NoToolbarsOnTaskbar"=dword:00000001

"NoTrayContextMenu"=dword:00000001

"NoSaveSettings"=dword:00000000

Here's another tutorial which explains how to remove the taskbar:

http://www.aeonity.com/frost/removing-wind...xp-taskbar-hack

Edit: I've just found out that you can hide/remove the taskbar with ObjectDock:

- Simply open the "Dock Settings..."

- In "General", mark the option called "Hide the Windows taskbar" and that's it! No need for Registry hacks or something else!