How long have you been skinning?

Since... umm... good question....

2001? when my family got a new computer with Style XP preinstalled... my first theme or skin was 'Cough drop", the orange one and I used XP's autumn background.

I later updated style XP and found an OSX style theme and thats when my emulating fetish began... before too long i started looking for a finder.

actually NO, longer than that... I used to change the theme in Windows 98- "Jungle" was my favourite- it had a wicked dark jungle wall, creepy crawly cursors and brownish windows but for windows 98 it was pretty good.

Oh wait, do you mean skinning as in deskmodding? My bad. I've been skinning since early 2005 (small stuff). Started with constantly changing the wallpaper, then figured out how to get the silver Luna skin. That got me thinking that if I can make it silver, why not something else? Saw a Mac, wanted to have something exactly like that; Google'd around, found FlyakiteOS X, which had a link to this place.

There, my life story.

Destroyed my first computer with Flyakite 1.

I destroyed mine with Flaykite 2. I didn't know what drivers were, so every time I installed XP again it didn't work right and I just gave up and bought a mac mini. I could fix it now though, I still have that old dell.

I destroyed mine with Flaykite 2. I didn't know what drivers were, so every time I installed XP again it didn't work right and I just gave up and bought a mac mini. I could fix it now though, I still have that old dell.

Which further proves the point that FlyakiteOSX and A-S sells more Macs then the ads. :D

Started way back in 2000 with RHL 6.2 :P

Up until that time, it was wishful thinking through the years of 3.11, and only some wallpapers and playing around with the colour schemes in Win95. Never used 98, used ME for a bit :o then moved on.

Worked my way up to Win XP only when I discovered this site. I mean, have you seen some of those themes with massive window decorations, overdone Start menus, etc?? :o