CD Art Display RC6

CD Art Display RC6 (15Mar2007)

CD Art Display RC6 was officially released today.

Soon 1.0 final will be released.

About

CD Art Display (formerly Winamp CD Case) is a skinnable display that shows the now playing song cover on your desktop.

CD Art Display supports Windows Media Player 11, Winamp, AlbumPlayer, MP3Toys, iTunes, MediaMonkey, foobar2000, musikCube and QCD/QMP.

What's new?

Added support for Windows Media Player 11

Added support for musikCube

Added more hotkeys

Added text lines Pad Left

Added custom text area width

Added custom text area height

Added Browse Discogs (context menu)

Improved ID3 cover extraction

Improved cover transition effect

General improvements

Bugs fixed

Help file updated

Download

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/CD_Ar...ay/1109367710/1

Have fun! :)

• 4 weeks later...

I dont know but i assume if u make a copy of the skin and delete the PNGs in the folder inside .....rename the folder to only text lol and make the cover display size zero ... or just use the only cover skin and set the show cover size 0 with and 0 height i might be wrong ..... hope this works...

another question... is there a way to remove the notifier that pops up in the taskbar when a new song comes on?

Go to "Control Panel>Options" and uncheck "Balloon"

Are you able to change the size of the mirroring yet?

In fact I have made another mirror engine that draws just once and you can set its size too. I'm still testing it but I think next week I'll be able to release a test build. A screenshot with another new feature "round corner for cover area":

round.jpg

What's coming next:

Skinnable lyrics viewer - see screenshot below

ID3 (unsync) lyrics frame tag support

New mirror effect with options in Control Panel

New rotation feature with options in Control Panel

New transition effect based on image transparency

New floating and skinnable toolbar buttons that is shown on mouse over

Explicit settings in Control Panel to set and disable/enable invisible buttons

Time will be a tag (like %title%) and it will be placeable in any of the 3 lines (see screenshot below)

08Apr07: CAD will explicitly have a notifier alike appearance style along with the current styles

08Apr07: Removed some old and unecessary code for text position since CAD has pad top and left for all lines (all skins will need adjustments tho)

09Apr07: Minimize (Hide) on Stop for players that support stop status message

09Apr07: Vista tweaks (user folder for some procedures instead the application one; removed pin to desktop since Vista won't pin a layered form as XP does - there isn't a solution for that)

11Apr07: start working with round rectangle area for cover and its mirror

cadrc7.jpg

:)

How about real compatibility with Foobar2000, not this winamp_spam hummas. That would be nice :)

Are you having issues with winamp spam? Most of the players SDKs are not so VB6 friendly. What I always find interesting is that iTunes has one of the best support for all programming languages. iTunes from Apple... Go figure. WMP11 seems to just block a direct contact with its player. WMP from Microsoft... Go figure!

Anyway, when and if I find a way I'll add a direct support.

Carlos i must say much i give u much respect for for this aplication and you still develop it with much enthusiasm :)

Thanks! :)

i haven't had time to download it yet so i don't know how sweet it its.

It's never too late! ;)

man,this app almost makes me wanna dump itunes as my media player and stick with wmd11.but things have worked much better since i dumped iTunes 7 for iTunes 6,and i like the feature rich environment of CAD vs Avetunes,but still im a loyalist to the end.great work carlos,you make a really usable and exciting app,but it crashes too much on my system and just installing it is hard cause it says i need this and that.

Hi Carlospr, I'm reformatting my system and thought I'd reinstall your wonderful app, been long overdue :)

Your lyrics displayer looks great, I forgot but does your app allow for lyric searching & updating oftha mp3 yet?

can't wait to try out your new build

CAD searches and save lyrics as a text file only.

Next build it'll read ID3 unsync lyrics tag too.

man,this app almost makes me wanna dump itunes as my media player and stick with wmd11.but things have worked much better since i dumped iTunes 7 for iTunes 6,and i like the feature rich environment of CAD vs Avetunes,but still im a loyalist to the end.great work carlos,you make a really usable and exciting app,but it crashes too much on my system and just installing it is hard cause it says i need this and that.

RC6 is stable and it seems to work better with iTunes 7 due the SDK update.

The requirements are:

For XP: VB runtime 6 SP6

For Vista: VB runtime 5 and 6

VB runtime 6:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&DisplayLang=en

VB runtime 5:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...CD-8911B6034C20

In order to make things easier:

1. uninstall CAD

2. close you player

3. install the runtime

4. install CAD

5. start your player

6. start CAD

Do not delete the default CAD skin which is "Case".

Note that both runtimes are not packed because most of the users already have them since some softwares use them too.