Changing some stubborn icons

hi, i just switched to mac, and got some question on changing some icons:

dockjk3.png

The Messenger icon shows up in CandyBar, but when i change it and apply the new settings, its not changed.

ipodex0.png

The iPod icon doesnt even show up in CandyBar, and the default one should be a shame for apple (if it matters its a u2 ipod 5.5g)

Also i would like to know how to change the name of my vista partition.

if no thumbnail in the info window, you can open the applications resource folder by control clicking and selecting that option, and then open resources folder, rename default icon, and drop the new one in. make sure you match the names of the icons.

or you can just use iconverter to generate an icns with thumbnail from a png for example and use candybar, info window, etc...

if no thumbnail in the info window, you can open the applications resource folder by control clicking and selecting that option, and then open resources folder, rename default icon, and drop the new one in. make sure you match the names of the icons.

or you can just use iconverter to generate an icns with thumbnail from a png for example and use candybar, info window, etc...

Handy tip--Quicksilver is actually capable of creating .icns files from .pngs--use the "save image in format" action.

-NC