Aqua-soft dying/dead?

meat

let me be the odd one out and say

1) i love my visually appealing XP (thanks to RaduKing and StarDock and all the original artists&porters)

2) i see absolutely no point in pixelperfect emulation (unless i had OCD)

3) i have never owned a mac

4) from my brief experiences with actual macs (OSX), they just seem... slow...

indeed, quite a drought of ports/activity-- everybody was run-off to the pimping place and after that blew up, there's nobody left and nowhere to go....

just ghosts... learking

The new intel macs are every bit as fast as xp... or vista... if not faster.

OSX itself isnt slow, i dont believe. I think it just needs dual cores to multitask better... (im speaking very general here, i dont really know)... because as soon as you open a couple of programs on a single core mac.... freezes, glitches, unexpected quiting and the beachball off death.

I do agree- older macs are way slow (to me at least), the emacs (512-1gb? ram)are terrible, the g4 towers were also quite bad (the ones i used, with 512mb ram)... as are the colourful old imacs, but hey they're ancient.... yet to me at the time, they always seemed slower than the equivalent pc at the time.

its rare now that I encounter the beachball of death, but when I do its usually a corrupt program which i can reinstall and get working fine again... as I said this is rare.

The new intel macs are every bit as fast as xp... or vista... if not faster.

OSX itself isnt slow, i dont believe. I think it just needs dual cores to multitask better... (im speaking very general here, i dont really know)... because as soon as you open a couple of programs on a single core mac.... freezes, glitches, unexpected quiting and the beachball off death.

I do agree- older macs are way slow (to me at least), the emacs (512-1gb? ram)are terrible, the g4 towers were also quite bad (the ones i used, with 512mb ram)... as are the colourful old imacs, but hey they're ancient.... yet to me at the time, they always seemed slower than the equivalent pc at the time.

its rare now that I encounter the beachball of death, but when I do its usually a corrupt program which i can reinstall and get working fine again... as I said this is rare.

I wouldnt tell that mac os x is faster than windows, because the nature of the bsd mach microkernel is slow, but indeed the trasition from ppc to x86 has made this gap closer.

Its just a small price to pay for running os x

Customizing in general is dead... when was the last time people got hyped up over a skin or icon pack? Its been a year or two...

Only time will tell, both vista and leopard customizing should jump alive again. Once skinning gets cracked in vista people are gonna start making that look more and more like a mac... then when leopard comes out with its new ui (lets hope) that'll make us start over from scratch again.

Plus all the chatty users either switched to the mac (since aqua sells more macs than apple) or grew up.

Still waiting for a damn Skinstudio for 5.5 - I hate how Stardock releases WB but nothing to make skins with, that doesn't make one bit of sence.