Aqua-soft dying/dead?

meat

Cheer up vkeios! Hello Grim!

See... Aqua soft is very much alive and well.

hey bh.

if you ask me, emulating tiger on a pc is pritty much done in turms of skinning, believe me, i know!

when leapord gets closer to being done, you'll see a little change here and there in the UI. and bingo, new skins, modding of skins, new apps, new wallpapers, new icons,new newbs asking for stuff they could have searched for,all the old memebers will come back and make fun of all the other memebers and such. and then our flatlineing aqua soft will be alive again.

i might even post more then once a month :P

Customizing in general is dead... when was the last time people got hyped up over a skin or icon pack? Its been a year or two...

Only time will tell, both vista and leopard customizing should jump alive again. Once skinning gets cracked in vista people are gonna start making that look more and more like a mac... then when leopard comes out with its new ui (lets hope) that'll make us start over from scratch again.

Plus all the chatty users either switched to the mac (since aqua sells more macs than apple) or grew up.

i know im not anything special here at AS, but i think i've quit from the whole emulation scene. i've accomplished what i've needed to, and it's not like i get a chance to show it off to anyone. so... yea. i dont think emulation is dying due to all the noob questions (i've done my share) and such. :)

Customizing in general is dead...

Plus all the chatty users either switched to the mac (since aqua sells more macs than apple) or grew up.

Yep got that right. I switched (yay woot and all that) but now I find I dont want my XP machine to be an OSX lookalike anymore- it looks and works better as XP with a media center skin... you can never truly implement the look and feel of OSX in XP without it taking its toll on your hardware.

I find myself posting more in GD than ever, coz customising is dead.

Its taking ages I know, but I am trying to get something together... might be getting a custom script done just for this site. I got a great idea for downloads which would make this site active again.

I guess I'm one of the members who "grew up"; work doesn't leave me enough time for AquaSoft and other projects, but I still visit AquaSoft and what I think is missing is a map.

There is a treasure of information in here for modders, skinners and other races, but it has to be retrieved through forums. This is discouraging for both old and new users, and its side effect is repeating threads with answers like "use the search!" (I rarely use the search, I'd rather browse through threads).

I think if you have a PC and do not have a mac, you would want to customize it to look like a mac...but when you do (or if) get a mac, you would rather explore customization on the mac rather than on the PC, and would rather find different styles that are not related for the PC...

...I know that because happened to me and I heard alot of people having the same feelings as well.

Does anyone thinks Aqua-soft needs more people to work for them? I think a new person would be needed to at least perk up the homepage daily or weekly...but thats just my opinion...

I think if you have a PC and do not have a mac, you would want to customize it to look like a mac...but when you do (or if) get a mac, you would rather explore customization on the mac rather than on the PC, and would rather find different styles that are not related for the PC...

...I know that because happened to me and I heard alot of people having the same feelings as well.

yep.

agreed... but also its just irritating going between an OSX machine and a Windows XP imitating OSX... because you end up trying to do things that can only be done in OSX on windows and it just dont work.

So its better to leave XP looking like XP so you dont get confused and try to use expose, dashboard or the like...

besides, windows themes feel so... half hearted?.... theres always something that it doesnt skin or doesnt skin right.

let me be the odd one out and say

1) i love my visually appealing XP (thanks to RaduKing and StarDock and all the original artists&porters)

2) i see absolutely no point in pixelperfect emulation (unless i had OCD)

3) i have never owned a mac

4) from my brief experiences with actual macs (OSX), they just seem... slow...

indeed, quite a drought of ports/activity-- everybody was run-off to the pimping place and after that blew up, there's nobody left and nowhere to go....

just ghosts... learking