QT TabBar - Tabs in Windows Explorer (XP/Vista)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic little proggie here for sure; thanks for linking. Along with FindeXer and Folder Size my explorer window has never been so functional. Seems to be working well and stably.

EDIT: One thing, middle click only works intermittently.

Fantastic little proggie here for sure; thanks for linking. Along with FindeXer and Folder Size my explorer window has never been so functional. Seems to be working well and stably.

EDIT: One thing, middle click only works intermittently.

Didn't know about folder size, thanks.

I've been using it extensively today, and middle click hasn't failed me yet...

.... cool.... but can the tabs be made more .... tab-like (ie- like they are in firefox)

im on OSX atm :P

There seems to be a way of customizing it, there's an option for 'Use tab image', but I haven't looked into it..

Didn't know about folder size, thanks.

I've been using it extensively today, and middle click hasn't failed me yet...

There seems to be a way of customizing it, there's an option for 'Use tab image', but I haven't looked into it..

I'm sure it's got something with me using StrokeIt extensively. Perhaps there's some conflict. Although having said that Firefox works great with StrokIt so not sure really. Middle click seems to have completely gone, still surprisingly functional though.

StrokeIt's such a great app. I can't imagine living without it now.

I've been thinking about installing ubuntu soon but I wont be able to leave XP if I'm not able find a StrokeIt-like app with Global Mouse Gestures for the OS.

By the way, has anyone stumbled across a 'cookie-crumb' like address-navigation type addition for XP similar to how Vista Does it? There's one out there called Folderpilot but it does not get skinned and so you're left with the ugly win98 buttons on your explorer window, and development has ceased on it, looks like.

Nice find. Thanks a lot. :D

PS. There seem to be a few quirks with Styler but, I'll try a restart to see if that resolves it.

Edit: Wasn't Styler but, a stupid IE7 plugin.

nils918634968, it appears that the deskband(background) color will be customizable in future versions. You can create a tab that way at the moment

thanks jhorner... I appreciate a starting point in my search.

I use StrokeIt to work with TopDesk (so, expose windows with a mouse stroke) and minimizing windows and maximizing etc.. If I could get a mouse gesture app to work with the expose action of Beryl/Compiz I'd be ready to make the jump.

EDIT: warius, nice find! This is a breath of fresh air...

• 2 weeks later...

Addiction, you rock for posting this!

I haven't tried it out yet because I'm not on my home computer but I hope it's stable and featured enough that I can hide and be rid of the address bar completely. I hope the breadcrumb toolbar has a way to copy the address path, (I copy and paste directory addresses quite frequently) if it does, then I'll be happy as a clam. :)

Anyone tried making skins for this thing yet?

Yes, it's not that hard. Just a three state bitmap.

Edit: [updated] This has been updated with some nice features IMO.

• Alternate row color in details view
  • Preview tooltip for image and text file
  • "Subfolder tip" ( show menu on icon )
  • option to specify history max size
  • option to save window transparency

A few of my screens:

(the third preview might by NSFW)

qttabs011mn0.th.jpg qttabs021sv7.th.jpg qttabs031rx7.th.jpg qttabs041pw5.th.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow, what a great app!!!

But the included skins suck! :P I want something like nils918634968 mentioned.

I don't want to wait for somebody releasing some, so I decided to make my own...

Its a little bit hard, because the inactive tabs are always 2 pix deeper than the active *grml*

But I figured it out. I'm so happy about this :) :)

I only want let you know ;)

Some finetuning and I hopefully can release it in a few minutes...

stay tuned

EDIT: ok, it took some more minutes, but now its done :)

go get it here

@Ballena.

Either kill explorer and restart it (not sure if this will work as I did reg hack first)

Or

go to this key in the registry

HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareQuizoQTTabBarCrypto

Look for a key like this:

Name: 2B53761EE0F5C8E0891E3B9FBA96F3A Data: B5C53D78B4B6D7A1BA3388D4934DB5A6

Delete it, then kill explorer and restart it. Should work.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using qtTabbar for the past week, and it's been awesome so far. The only thing that I don't like about this is that one bug. The one where the standard navigation buttons don't work properly on windowsXP.. which also means that styler doesn't work properly.