• Moby Dock
    • Y'z Dock
    • RKlauncher
    • Other...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Use RKLauncher, and was very surprised to hear that some people use Rocket Dock and even Moby dock still...

I'm confused.. rocketdock is actively being developed upon, it's most recent release was less than a week ago and brought with it animated minimizing (and maximizing) of windows with multimonitor support, why would it be suprising that some folks use it?

I meant i was surprised some people 'Still' used Mobydock...

And yes I know Rocket dock is still being developed, but i am surprised that anyone would use it over RKLauncher and I want to know why.

It's a pity Yamaguchi was stopped - now Apple doesn't seem to care that much - all I dream of is an anonymous source code leak, one day :D

...hahaha someone ought to re-release Y'z dock with a new name....

Can someone confirm if rklauncher's portable? I mean, truly portable as in it doesn't leave any traces.. either in the registry or otherwise when the app is closed and usb drive ejected..

Also, to be considered a good portable app, the program takes into consideration read/write frequency to improve portable performance. Can anyone weigh in on rklauncher's success in this? If anyone has run the dock from their usb drive, have they noticed any harsh lags during specific actions?

FYI: I heard mentioned in the punk forums that RocketDock, with it's newest release, has an option to store it's settings in a portable ini file. It sounds like Rocketdock can now be installed as a portable app but I also heard mention that there are some improvements to the read/write frequencies that can and still to be improved upon for portability. Can anyone from the rocketdock camp could add to this?

Can someone confirm if rklauncher's portable? I mean, truly portable as in it doesn't leave any traces.. either in the registry or otherwise when the app is closed and usb drive ejected..

Also, to be considered a good portable app, the program takes into consideration read/write frequency to improve portable performance. Can anyone weigh in on rklauncher's success in this? If anyone has run the dock from their usb drive, have they noticed any harsh lags during specific actions?

I'll say RK is portable, I'm using it on my flash drive and it hasn't left anything when I plug it in to my works PC. It's great for running portable apps from. I've even got a auto.ini set up on the usb drive which allows me to just click the dialogue box and RK kicks off.

Rocket dock all the way! and since the new version has compatibility with nearly every skin out there, why doesn't everyone use it?

It lacks running indicators and sufficient docklet support. That's just a personal preference for me. It runs really smoothly, though. I used it for awhile.

I've tried ObjectDock, RocketDock, and RKLauncher, and RKLauncher has to be the best one I've used. ObjectDock never played well with my computer (animations weren't very smooth). RKLauncher has all the features I want.

• 5 months later...