is this a real iPod?

obviously its a fake, the next iPod's will be touchscreen.

Pound to a penny it isn't.

Can you honestly imagine how impractical a touch screen would be? Doesn't make sense to have a product where the primary function is to appreciate the screen yet your forever putting/cleaning dirty finger marks all over it.....

The buttons may very well revert to a 3rd Gen touch sensitive style, but instead of being on screen they will surround the bezel of the ipod.

All speculation of course ;)

Don't you just love Photoshop?:P

Can you honestly imagine how impractical a touch screen would be? Doesn't make sense to have a product where the primary function is to appreciate the screen yet your forever putting/cleaning dirty finger marks all over it.....

Actually, if it used one of those matte ground in kind of screens, it would be quite nice.

I'm referring to the kind made to be fingered up so they don't show all your prints.

• 3 weeks later...

the best click wheel was found on the 4G ipods, it was nice, big, felt solid and had the raised centre button so everything else didnt get so scratched, and you could feel the wheel in your pocket.

the 5G one is shrunk, i spose to make the screen seem bigger, but for some reason its flattened, so i have to make several spirals until i hear the volume change, then remember where the wheel is. (I'm that lazy, i dont want to take the 'pod outta my pocket). I guess they don't want you to operate it without looking at the screen, thats probably why they removed the clicker through headphones feature too (hey!, i used that a lot too :()