Mac Book Core 2 Duo

Holy crap - just a month after I got my Core Duo MacBook! Burn Apple! I hoped that they'll wait a bit longer :) I thought I wouldn't feel too jealous. :P Anyway, congratulations to all who got patience to wait for this little monster to release!

I'm really thinking about getting myself one of these... Sure, Core Duo and Core 2 Duo are pretty much the same but that's not the only thing that has changed. The white 2.0 model has 1 gb RAM and an 80 gb hard drive as standard. And furthermore, with a little bit of luck, thay have fixed some of the problems with the previous model (mooing, discoloring etc.).

I'm really thinking about getting myself one of these... Sure, Core Duo and Core 2 Duo are pretty much the same but that's not the only thing that has changed. The white 2.0 model has 1 gb RAM and an 80 gb hard drive as standard. And furthermore, with a little bit of luck, thay have fixed some of the problems with the previous model (mooing, discoloring etc.).

discoloring, how so? i know when i play my white nintendo DS the area around the D-pad and buttons are a bit yellow'ish from overuse, does the macbook turn that way too?

• 3 weeks later...
I just got a MacBook too. It's just as good as I hoped. Not a machine for the latest games though...

Yeah I think thats whats putting me off, the processing power is there, its that bloody on board graphics chip that lets it down, and unless you go for the Mac Book Pro your stuck with it.

And another thing while I am on a little rant about the new Macbooks, whats the deal with even doing a version with the Combo drive!?!? Why havent they all got superdrives in?

Yeah I think thats whats putting me off, the processing power is there, its that bloody on board graphics chip that lets it down,

Yeah, couldn't they at e least give it didicated memory instead of shared. And 64mb? Oh come on! I mean 128/256mb is the current standard...you can get el cheapo 256mb Geforce 7 chipset based GPU's around $55 http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=PCX-GF7300GS-256MTV

and unless you go for the Mac Book Pro your stuck with it.

Which is a zillion times more expensive compared to the allready overly expensive Macbook... :(

What if I would want just a good didicated GPU instead of the current shared onboard Intel-schizzle? I'm basically f%#&ed.

That's the advantage of pc's over Macs I guess...more freedom of choice, less great os though...

And another thing while I am on a little rant about the new Macbooks, whats the deal with even doing a version with the Combo drive!?!? Why havent they all got superdrives in?

Agreed too. For that price they should all have a DVD burner included...Luckily I was smart enough to include a superdrive when I bought my Macbook last summer.

Now...how to plousubly kill my Macbook to get the the new dual core version instead...:P