Leopard For Vista

I know neither operating system has been released yet so its kind of early to think of visual styles, but i'm hoping by the time Vista is released developers will begin to create a leopard like interface. With the new features in Vista, it should make customing even easier and results seem more realistic than on windows XP wich didn't support many advanced features: Clarity on fonts, changing the side the buttons are on-without additional programs etc.. Unlike windows XP, Vista will feature support for higher resolution icons, clearer text and many other features. So i'm hoping someone will make a new "Fly a kite" or equivalent soon after Vista is realeased because like other, i honestly hate aero (Although it looks slightly better than XP). Even tiger is much more appealing. I love the styles/programs to date (Particularly Flyakite as well as others) so i'm hoping that when Vista is released we won't have to endure the ugly Aero effects too long before a sexy a Tiger or Leopard theme comes along and blows it away. Because, lets face it Tiger is still much sleeker looking than even Vista and someone like me, who has decked out they're computer to resemble Tiger as much possible, is going to be force to use Aero until a sleek Tiger or better yet Leopard theme is released. So my request is that devolepers start moving away from XP and into Vista because all new programs created for Windows XP will soon be out of date.

Thanks alot,

Good luck, Hope to see something soon,

Shorty

I'm with shorty in hoping for any attempt at skins or any other type of emulation in the vista Gui...it brings many hopes for a perfect osx or at least a better osx look than xp could do anyway ... i know its not yet final but we got near final code (nothing major will change) so people could crack on it ...i already did and failed miserably for lack of talent...hope so see something in the coming months as people begin to use it more

I'm pretty excited about Vista too. I was recently running the release candidate and it's quite impressive, with hardware-accelerated GUI, transparency effects, etc. And it runs smoothly on my 4-year old computer too with zero lag. The new Windows Explorer is much more similar to OSX's safari and I'd love to learn more about its internal themes engine. Here's some thought though: Right now, Windows XP's GUI engine is severely limited and WindowBlinds brings quite a few improvements over msstyles. However, what benefits would WindowsBlinds bring over Vista's own new styling engine? I'm interested to know the differences once Vista hits the streets.

So... requesting themes for an OS that's still months away...

In that case, i'd like to request a Vista skin for Mac OS 11 that should be released in just 9 years...

You know that this is a different case ..any one can get the RC build of vista and start fiddling so its in a way available ....while with the next OSX we only get a closed beta for selected developers...this is not a request per say ...rather an open discussion and a wish to see something in the near future...

Offtopic: where the heck are you?:P

Like i said, I know Vista isn't realeased yet but you CAN get a hold of the test version which is like 99% complete (Internal code wise). So my request was that developers start looking into vista (as I will do too-even though i know very little about internal skinning) as opposed to making new Windows XP themes because come early January or possibly earlier, they will be outdate since most people will switch to Vista. Like mentioned earlier, this is more of a disscusion thread so that developers/theme users can disscuss the information they have found, progress, suggestions and ideas. So hopefully when Vista comes around we will know quite a bit about the internal theme system. The thing is when windows XP came out it was years before stable beatiful themes such as Tiger 2 were realeased ( A side from windows Blinds). I'm not saying thats bad in any way i'm truly 100% gratefull for all the themes that are realeased and am in no way complaining. I'm just saying Hhpefully, with Vista people will be pushing themes months after release. :)

I, for one, KNOW I will NOT be switching to Vista for quite some time. So saying that skins for XP will become outdated is a little off. Many people will stick with XP for any number of reasons until we are absolutely REQUIRED to switched.

By the time that happens I hope Linux is ready for primetime (it's getting there though) support for every game, application, what-have-you I have bought for my Windows system; and yes I know there is WINE and what not but from what I've read it's a ways off.

http://www.guistyles.com/2006/09/17/mac-os-x-leopard-129/

A leopard theme for XP, although as you can see it's incomplete. I'm thinking something along these lines but more complete/polished. Hopefully with the implemention of the automated search feature in Windows Vista spotlight will be avaible in a more sophisticated fashion. (Shouldn't be too difficult considering the basis of the system is right into the system). Some may argue that spotlight isn't very usefull since you will already have the windows search function but i think it would be to cool to finally have the little blue icon in the top right of the screen working effentiently without GDS. It may even be very possible to get a near perfect spolight clone without even using GDS. This is something that people could begin to work in now using the vista beta client. Just a idea i was thinking of.

i just found an interesting screenie showing a tiger WB applied to Vista through VistaBlinds/windowblinds for vista (or whatever it would be named)....its still way too long until the final product comes from stardock but it looks very promising indeed...u can see how the improvements in vista fonts and over all polished interface affects how the skin looks ....bear in mind that it can be even better than what the screenie shows cause they just applied an xp skin without any modification so other ones who would be done or upgraded especially for this version will rock....

post-4871-1161770207_thumb.jpg

i just found an interesting screenie showing a tiger WB applied to Vista through VistaBlinds/windowblinds for vista (or whatever it would be named)....its still way too long until the final product comes from stardock but it looks very promising indeed...u can see how the improvements in vista fonts and over all polished interface affects how the skin looks ....bear in mind that it can be even better than what the screenie shows cause they just applied an xp skin without any modification so other ones who would be done or upgraded especially for this version will rock....

That looks very pretty i'm hoping to see something of that quality as a MS Style. Very nice though taskbar looks very aquaish.