[release]panther Style Open/save Dialog

Well, after 4 (long) days of work I'm finally ready to release this. It's not perfect looking but it will do until my next update. Anyone know how to get the scrollbar to work in the left side toolbar thingy? I tried everything and I'm thinking it's not possible. Everything else works.

Place the file in system32 folder and one in dllcache folder (hidden inside system32 folder). Maybe someone will like it. (Or improve on it!)

Comming soon: I'Tunes flavored open/save dialog! (well maybe not too soon)

Updated July 20, 2003: Newest version here!

Last update (I hope): Made a few position adjustments.

v4sp1.jpg

[zipped comdlg32.dll (SP1)]

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Here are the small navigation buttons modded to look like the ones in the screen shot.

navbut.jpg

They are for NON-SP1 but i have been using them on a SP1 computer with no problems.

Edit: I thought this was for SP1, but thanks to Judge i checked and it is not. I have been using it on SP1 system with no problems, but use at your own risk. I will be making them for SP1 and will post them when I finish!

Here you go. This is for system32 folder and dll cache folder.

[comctl32.zip (non-SP1) 16 bit colors]

The 32 bit bitmaps go in:

C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.0.0_x-ww_1382d70a
and
C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.10.0_x-ww_f7fb5805

[comctl32.zip (non-SP1) 32 bit colors]

@Three Drives: Show Bitmap Yes!

Easy to convert to no SP1

1. Open my file with reshack.

2. Look at the bitmap section, extract the bitmaps Remember the names and languages..

3. Open the dialog section, Copy the text on the right side in the 2 dialogs I fixed. to a text file.

4. Open your non SP1 dll and add the bitmaps just as they are in my file. I know you can do that.

5. Copy the text you saved to the correct dialogs and replace what is there.. You should have it then!

@smerickson: You would need placesbar editor.

Here: http://www.maddogsw.com

Can ANYBODY tell me how to get the scrollbar on the left side to function? My Icons are 96px and I can only see 2 of them. Reshack put the scrollbar in there but it not function. I tried all the obvious things, so I must be missing something. Is it even possible??? :nuts:

Hi,

Im having some bugs i think with this files, i have changed comdlg32.dll and i have changed comctl32.dll in the right places.

i made this too :

[comctl32.zip (SP1) 16 bit colors]

(I have those too if you need them.) The 32 bit bitmaps go in:

CODE

C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.0.0_x-ww_1382d70a

and

C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.10.0_x-ww_f7fb5805

[comctl32.zip (SP1) 32 bit colors]

and i now have this, when i save a file or open a file the request appears like this http://pwp.netcabo.pt/0424502901/ok.jpg , which is correct, but if i resize the window i get this http://pwp.netcabo.pt/0424502901/notok.jpg , everithing is out centered.

Other problem i have is with the Flashget toolbar in IE , before the change of the files the toolba was ok, but after ive changed them i get this http://pwp.netcabo.pt/0424502901/flash1.jpg , and when i pass the mouse over the toolbar i get this http://pwp.netcabo.pt/0424502901/flash2.jpg

Why is this happennig ? ive changed files in system32 , dll cache, servicepack/i386 and in the common controls, and i have sp1, i think ive done the things right.

Thanks.

Hi,

Found another prob, when i save a picture from a web page with right mouse button over it and choode save picture the request appears but the cancel and save buttons are the ones from windows default and not the aqua ones.

Thanks.

Bye.

Originally posted by Rissol@Jul 15 2003, 10:17 AM

??

On the web saving a pic uses windows default for some reason (I don't think that's a bug). There must be a yet to be discovered dll file.

I hate third party downloaders and I don't use them, don't need them. (sometimes I use GetRight if I have to.)

Sorry about the bugs, it works good enough for me. I don't ever resize it also, heck it's big enough as it is. If you don't like it then restore your original file. I hope you backed it up.

I will continue working on it and try to fix the bugs, and thanks for pointing them out.

:D

The first post is updated to this version!

Last update (I hope): Made a few position adjustments.

v4sp1.jpg

[zipped comdlg32.dll (SP1)]

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Here are the small navigation buttons modded to look like the ones in the screen shot.

navbut.jpg

They are for NON-SP1 but i have been using them on a SP1 computer with no problems.

Edit: I thought this was for SP1, but thanks to Judge i checked and it is not. I have been using it on SP1 system with no problems, but use at your own risk. I will be making them for SP1 and will post them when I finish!

[comctl32.zip (non-SP1) 16 bit colors]

The 32 bit bitmaps go in:

and

[comctl32.zip (non-SP1) 32 bit colors]

The download should work most of the time. If it does not then I'm probably just rebooting to test my latest modified dll. So try again later as my server is allways on (unless I reboot). Sorry for the delay.

(If you do not see the screen shot then I'm rebooting)

Good work, MartinGy2k. It looks near the original one, but the only thing i have my probs, are the replacment of the captionframe through the bitmap. For me i don't like it (hope you missunderstood that;-)). In the shutdown dialog i dont have a bitmap with the caption "shutdown, restart...." Hope i find anytime a way to integrate the captionframe with the bitmap.

Are you saying you are using a bitmap to replace buttons, and you can not get a caption to go with it?

1 more question about res hack, can it be done to make a link to a drive using a bitmap as a button? This relates to the first question also.

I want to get the bitmaps icons on the left side just like in Panther. How can I find out how to do that?

I already know how to place an icon in the dll and get it to apear on the dialog, but how do you assign a function to it?

Sorry to answer your question with more questions.

Woah, when I put this in my system and tried it, the dialog was all over the place :blink: The blue surround up top only went 2/3 of the way across the text field. The scrollers were clipped, the divider lines didn't reach the end of the right hand side and numerous other anomolies.

I have a feeling this may be because I use 32*32 icons as my small size and 64*64 as my big size. I also am using bigger/different text than standard in my modded Kol's Panther .msstyle. It doesn't seem to scale well with non-standard settings :(

Looks cool If I don't click on it though ;)