playstation 3 or nintendo wii

You guys keep worrying about the technology and other technical stuff. That's not what games are about.

It's always about the fun. That's why you call them games.

Games? I play those on the pc. My consoles are for proving I'm better then everyone else. (end sarcasm)

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, and that's why Nintendo wins.

I'm no fanboy. Hell, I never owned a NES or a Gamecube. But what I have played on the SNES and the 64 show me the quality, not quantity, that Nintendo delivers.

I mean the name is enough. It's different.

Sony's Playstation 3 is another Playstation. Microsoft's Xbox 360 is another Xbox. They sell machines, yeah. But grab anyone of those gamers that like their Madden or GTA and give them Zelda or Mario and they'll be all over it. No one can deny Nintendo's better games. People just avoid them, because they don't know any better.

Yep, and that's why Nintendo wins.

I'm no fanboy. Hell, I never owned a NES or a Gamecube. But what I have played on the SNES and the 64 show me the quality, not quantity, that Nintendo delivers.

I mean the name is enough. It's different.

Sony's Playstation 3 is another Playstation. Microsoft's Xbox 360 is another Xbox. They sell machines, yeah. But grab anyone of those gamers that like their Madden or GTA and give them Zelda or Mario and they'll be all over it. No one can deny Nintendo's better games. People just avoid them, because they don't know any better.

a good answer :)

Playstation 3 all the way but I also will get the Wii just to play Zelda, I already own the Xbox 360 i'm basically getting them all, If you love Video games like I do, it doesn't really matter which one is the best, it's really the games that will make or break a system because without the games the 360, wii, ps3 won't be nothing.

Man from looking at the playstation track record imma wait till i know for sure i wont be sold a ps3 lemon.. and im also gonna wait till it can fully emulate ps2 games so i don't have to buy the larger version with the ps2 chip built into it.. that way it will prob get a price drop too.

I already have the 360 i got mine second shipment and its been working pretty good no problems with anything other then NFS: MW freezing up off and on.

granted the xbox dosen't have complete backwards compatibility.. and granted if it ever will. but at least you can buy even older games on it via xbox live arcade.

but i personally might end up getting the wii before the ps3.. that way i can play GC games finally lol.

Preordered a Nintendo Wii with Call of Duty 3 and Zelda of course :P

Finally fps will be playable on a console with the wii controller :)

Why did i choose Wii ?

Coz PS3 is way too expensive, I wont have to pay 400$ to get a base version of the console, Sony is doing like Microsoft with vista :P

Coz Wii will have full backward compatibility

Coz the Wii font is not a Spiderman one (why did Sony had to get this font ?)

Coz the Wii is smaller than PS3

Coz I love Nintendo :)

Too bad that MGS4 will only be on PS3, but one game doesn't justify the PS3 price. But if I buy a console for one game, I think i'm going to get an Xbox 360 just for Halo 3

I'd get the Wii. The price is attractive, and just take a look at some of the nintendo games! I swear, I must've been sucked up by Super Mario Sunshine for what seems like ages, because hell, it's such a huge, varied game. Let's not forget other classics like Zelda: The Wind Waker. They may be percieved as to be children-only, but trust me, I know adults who can get sucked up into them just as kids do.

I think if I had $500, this would be a simple one.

Nintendo Wii-$250

Zelda-$50

Tax in TX-8.25%

After tax-$270.62 for console, $54.13 for game.

Money left for future games before tax=$200

After tax=$175.25.

Darn tax.:P

Or...

Playstation 3-$500

Money left for games=$0.

After tax

Grand total for console=$541.25, or $41.25 in the hole.

Power consumed by PS3's bunch of unused cores, Blu-ray, and power brick sure to be as big as the 360s-an awful lot of burned fossil fuel (well...once you acually got a game for it). Of course, the Wii might turn out to have a fat power brick and be the power sopper version of the PS2.

Let's see on a more technical basis...

Do I have a huge HDTV? No.

Would I prefer high-res games or ones that are enjoyable? I vote for enjoyable, thanks.

Do i need Blu-ray? See above about the TV, but in case you're too lazy to look up, no, I'd rather waiit.

Do I need my game console to be a big fat entertainment hub? At that price, if I needed a hub, I'd dig up another 100 and buy a Mac Mini. But no, I don't need it to be one because my computer is one.

And finally, which console looks nicer.

Has it become a trend to have a camel hump on your console? The 360 has one on the face, and the PS3 has one on its back. I don't know, maybe some people find this extreme curvy thing slick, but I find it an eyesore reminiscent of an old beige computer's 'curves'.

Besides, how can we Mac lovers not want a console available in shiny matching iPod white and black, and look like a nice fit by an iMac?

Better graphics don't always mean better games. My vote's down for the Wii.

The only sad thing is, that name SUCKS. The Revolution was a much cooler name.

*cough*

Just pitching my vote.

Meh I didn't know that there was no rumble in PS3, I agree for Rez, i'm happy playing it even if it destroy my hands (too much vibration), if they remove the rumble, i don't see why I should not buy an DualShock controller without rumble and plug in it into my PS2.

For multimedia hum, meh, I have a divx player and a dvd-rw. Music ? I just hook up my iPod on the sound system.

Last one, Sony won against Lik-Sang, my favourite import site.

That last one makes me want their PS3 to die, that's why I'm going to buy a Wii. Sony are killing themselves, how stupid.

everyone has very compelling points and reasons, but I find one factor missing-- online.

I love xbox live (halo2) and playing against/with my buddies who have since moved around the country.

So my question is, does online play/capability in a next gen console matter to you? It remains to be seen, but I'd give the online advantage to Xbox (and live)...

Yeah, poor Lik-sang. I my DS from there...

Sony will pay for it's crimes against humanity!

I mean they're getting as bad if not worse than M$.

i think their way past microsoft after they declaired their system is 4D capible :mad: not to mention they have a bad reputation with initial units malfunctioning in some way, just look back at the PS2 and PSP if you dont believe me. microsoft on the otherhand atleast delivers decent systems, its going to be madness when PS3 is out, i can see hundreds upon hundreds of units overheating or getting disc read errors.

everyone has very compelling points and reasons, but I find one factor missing-- online.

I love xbox live (halo2) and playing against/with my buddies who have since moved around the country.

So my question is, does online play/capability in a next gen console matter to you?

Absolutely not. That's what I've always thought the main driving force for Xbox was. I don't play online, thus Xbox never interested me. Playing video games with other people is simply not fun for me, they take it WAY too seriously (even my own friends). Sony has an admirable online system, but I don't use it. Nintendo has always tried to do online with their consoles from N64 (did they also try with SNES/Super Famicom?), but it always failed. The DS Wifi does seem to be very popular, but there is a big difference from Handhelds to Consoles. Being that you need to be online to access Nintendo's video game library, it may help with their struggling online genre.

i don't understand why "so called gamers" enjoy ridiculing nintendo for their choices on creating "kid themed games".to my understanding,most of you started on a nintendo system and PLAYED those KID GAMES you are so fond of degrading nintendo for.lets face it,without nintendo the gaming industry would not be heading anywhere,microsoft and sony do not innovate anything or provide new ways of enjoying videogames.but,if you consider packing a bunch of fancy graphics and hardrives innovation,then you are a blind fool.anybody who calls him/herself "a TRUE gamer" would note the great games and innovations that nintendo has contributed to the videogame industry.it really annoys me when people criticize a company whose solely dedicated to gaming and selling games,not selling bloated entertainment systems that try to replace every electronic equipment you own.i don't need a dvd player,cd player or internet on my console,what i want is quality games,no REHASHES of tired franchises (example...final fantasy,dynasty warriors,metal gear..etc)..im 25 years old,and theres nothing more exciting than playing those old dusty 2d games on my super nintendo system.sure,the graphics are outdated by todays standards,but the FUN VALUE remains the same.

I love nintendo, but I'm going with PS3.

Nintendo doesn't seem to learn very much from history. Granted they are a smart company for investors. If wind waker didn't show them that graphics DO MATTER (it was the worst selling zelda of the console systems, which is probably the main reason in which they have gone in a different direction) then I don't know what to say.

I haven't played the wii, but I guarentee it won't offer a totally new experience. All those ads, I doubt it plays as fun as that.

I haven't played the wii, but I guarentee it won't offer a totally new experience. All those ads, I doubt it plays as fun as that.

Sir, may I borrow your time machine?

We won't know how awesome/crappy the wii is, until it comes it. (unless you go to trade shows?)

The ads kind of scare me actually, but I'm more excited about some of the games and the wii's cheap price then some magical remote. (which I'm hoping a good fps takes advantage of it)

it's funny how some people feel threatened by what system they own.face it,owning a ps3 or 360 won't make you a chick-magnet,nor change the way people look at you.maturity is not reflected on you by what you PLAY.stop complaining about how this or that is "TOO CHILDISH FOR ME" or "IM TOO GROWN TO BE SEEN PLAYING NINTENDO GAMES".in case some of you have forgotten,the nintendo DS is raping the PSP with no remorse.despite the fact that the PSP has the ability to play videos,music and cook a 3 course meal for you.with all the heat the gaming industry is taking because of all these "MATURE GAMES"some of you love so much,nintendo offers a new and fun way to enjoy gaming,without the use of profanity or raunchy humor.

I'll probably make some of you PS fans mad, but Nintendo has lasted the longest out of these two consoles (and a lot longer than the Xbox). We all know that they've targeted kids games in the past decade, but obviously Nintendo wants to change that. I'm sorry, but if I had the $ I'd go for the Wii. NINTENDO LIVES!

+ Who wouldn't want to see you laughing your ass off playing some game on the Wii...:P

besides nintendo will never take the 3rd party route the way sega did, if they loose to 360 or PS3 they wont port their games over to other systems the way sega did. once nintendo leaves the hardware business they leave for good, and we dont want that.

That just makes it sound like Nintendo is relying on our generous charity to stick around. The way I look at it; Nintendo has been around since the 1800's (no that's not a typo) I have little concern that they're going to have any problems keeping public interest.

Like I said before, I'm pretty sure playing smash bros. online will ruin any shred of a social life I may have now.