playstation 3 or nintendo wii

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

playstation 3 of course, nintendo stuff is for kid...

:o you loose respect points for saying that. its a typical comment made by a casual gamer, nintendo had a sort of kiddie image in the past but their really changing. more 3rd party developers are now interested in developing games for Wii then any other system. their offering us free online play (can someone say SSBM) and something called "virtual console" where you can legally download old classic snes, 64 and genesis games and play them in widescreen mode. their new unique controllers, the wiimote and nunchuck are well unique, we'll see how it plays once the system is released. dont worry about nintendo, with their incredible $250 pricetag it will surely sell very well, espically since their launching with a little known game called The Legend of Zelda:Twlight Princess.

also i see no point in purchasing a PS3 at this time, most of their AAA titles are comming out next year or early 08. in my opinion there really isnt anything worth buying for the PS3 at this point espically with their redicilous price, $600 pfftt please i think ill pass son. plus the design isnt all that great, they can hide all they want under their new glossy cover but the fact is its a frekin superdome, huge son of a ***** :P

Wii first, then ps3 when prices and bugs are worked out. I bought a launch 360, bad idea, thing crapped out on me a few weeks later.

well then your one of the few with a faulty 360 console, majority of the people who purchased a 360 on launch had no major issues. cant say the same for Sony, their PS2 crapped out when the initial systems was released and the same goes for the PSP. theres already word spreading about how the PS3 overheated and continued to restart at the tokyo game show, sony says its because of the temperature at the event and numerious numbers of PS3 units clustered together and bad airflow as they were enclosed inside a transparent box. w/e ill take their word for now, its inevitable something will happen.

Nintendo Wii: Come on, PlayStation has been virtually the same for the last decade, except for minor upgrades, not much change. Nintendo on the other hand.....

lol you have no clue about what your saying.

hehe seems like a lot of peeps got pissed because of my comment :) but you cannot deny the fact that Nintendo's games library is still really poor :(. Come on guys, Mario, Zelda and all that have been around for almost 20 years now, I guess Nitendo should try to find/develop something new, rather than sticking with their dying heroes if they want to get back to the top...

Oh and I do have nintendo consoles at home, getting dusted, just because I'm sick of seeing the same sort of games getting released over and over again...

I'm in no way trying to be offensive to those concerned, but can't help saying that many of the replies seemed to prove duyvan's point! I don't know any hardcore gamers or people who actually devote themselves to one particular gaming brand; nintendo, xbox, whatever. I only know casual gamers. And every single one of them has a Playstation 2 because of games like Grand Theft Auto. Something you just won't see on a Nintendo!

Another reason to also get a Wii. Zelda AND Snake in the same game...

Don't forget zero suit Samus, Pit, and fricking Metaknight, the original badass.

@duyvan82

Nintendo makes great games, but as you said its the same properties.

though the gamecube had some excellent third party games (mgs remake, tales of symphonia, the resident evils)

No developers really cared about it. what I'm excited about is the amount of developers who are interested in the Nintendo systems now.

Kojima wants to try a making a wii game; the Team Ninja leader's (name slipped my mind) daughter is demanding he makes a ds game, so he is; Capcom wants to port all their games to all systems; Konami has the castlevanias for ds; Trauma Center for the wii by THE Atlus (they also were planning a shin megami tensei ds); here's a metal slug collection coming out on the wii's launch; and Square-eniz wants to make games for all systems to keep them in competition and avoid a monopoly.

sure developpers are starting to develop games for Nintendo now, but don't you see the point that those games are pretty much in the same type/genre? I mean they are mostly RPG/platform i.e. mario, zelda, metal slug blabla and blabla, big guns like GTA, Halo, Fable, Gran Turismo, Metal Gear Solid will not be available for Nintendo. And why is that so? Because as I've said earlier, nintendo is for kids and they're so far behind techologically speaking..

Halo is a generic fps (Bungie's worst game, and they made a pong ripoff), Fable is a generic western rpg. Gran Turismo is a racing game with buying cars ($1200 is the cost of all of them in 5, thats real american dollars too)

GTA would be unique if it wasn't the same 8 games. Metal Gear was last original when it came out on a microsoft system.

Also out of my list of games. Kojima might make something different, Trauma Center is originalish (Its the board game Operation but hard), and Shin Megami Tensei is proof that games can be different and have horrible graphics. (how many games let you kill god and the devil if you want too)

Also the reason I own a ps2 is rpg/platform games. besides Katamari and mgs I can't think of anything good for it, that isn't one of those.

sure developpers are starting to develop games for Nintendo now, but don't you see the point that those games are pretty much in the same type/genre? I mean they are mostly RPG/platform i.e. mario, zelda, metal slug blabla and blabla, big guns like GTA, Halo, Fable, Gran Turismo, Metal Gear Solid will not be available for Nintendo. And why is that so? Because as I've said earlier, nintendo is for kids and they're so far behind techologically speaking..

Zelda, not a big gun? Have you always talked out of your ass, or am I just noticing it now ;) . This is just plain ignorant. If anything, GTA, Halo, Fable (wait, Fable is a big gun?), GT, Metal Gear are all wanting to be the next Mario and Zelda. I am not fond of Mario games, but there is no doubt that Mario is an icon in the gaming world. We would have half the games today if it weren't for Mario. And for Zelda, name another franchise that has had as many consistent great, if not better games, as the Zelda franchise. Practically every single one (with the only exception being The Adventure of Link) is an awesome game. I guarantee you 9 out of the 12 Zelda games will be on anyones Top Games list (the only exceptions being the aforementioned Adventure of Link, Four Swords and Four Sword Adventures, which are not part of the main Zelda continuity)

There's nothing wrong with the adventure of link, the reason most people dislike it is because they think it's too hard but are afraid to admit it. It's like some sort of gamer's ego complex. As far as continuity goes, do you mean popularity or storyline-wise?

I already have a wii reserved, personally. I'm a little disappointed that they mirrored Zelda to make link right handed just because most people use the controller that way.

What about us legitimately left handed people? No love? It would've been cool if you could choose one or the other as an option and Link changed accordingly.

I wasn't to keen on Halo, fable never intreasted me, i like gt, mgs kindda got annying for me.

every Zelda i've played i've had fun with. every mario i've played i've had fun with too.

i've had fun playing Super Metrio and nothing can compare to SSBM!

i find most of the ps2 games to be just repeats and new versions with slight upgrades.

there are very little unique games on ps2 afaikt and i dbout that ps3 will change that.

Nintendo are trying to change how we play games, if you dis that then you have no soul.

their aim is not to be a giant coperation who wants your money, they want you to have fun

we've been playing games the same way for the past 20 odd years, so why not change it.

so what if 3rd party developers didn't have intreast in Nintendo's gamecube.

all teh brianless zombie went and bought a ps3 just because it had 'mature games' with swearing and gore or all the EA games that get released yearly.

when i get another job, i'll by a Wii and have some fun, instead of buying a ps3 with the same games but with better graphics.

I couldn't care about playing in HD

There's nothing wrong with the adventure of link, the reason most people dislike it is because they think it's too hard but are afraid to admit it. It's like some sort of gamer's ego complex. As far as continuity goes, do you mean popularity or storyline-wise?
True about the AoL. I know I never finished it because I kept dying when I went into the first cave. As for the Four Swords, Forgive my ignorance, but I never played it because I read on multiple reviews that it didn't really fit in into the other Zelda games. It's more of a sub-series of the Zelda franchise. Feel free to correct me.

I already have a wii reserved, personally. I'm a little disappointed that they mirrored Zelda to make link right handed just because most people use the controller that way.

What about us legitimately left handed people? No love? It would've been cool if you could choose one or the other as an option and Link changed accordingly.

That confused me as well. Why would they do that? Us leftist get no respect :( .

It was really weird having to grind in a Zelda game. (so used to skipping bosses in Link to the Past).

They better put it on virtual console quick, so I can finally beat it.

Also I'm hoping for a hand switch option, just for a harder version of the game, I'm a righty who can't get used to using the left for anything, so that'd work great for a second playthrough, I think.

unless some really cool games come out for the wii, im gonna stick with sony. im getting my mario fix with my ds lite. plus im looking forward to having a bluray player for my hd tv.

If the wii does have some great games i get it with the ps3. im sure they can get along on my entertanment center.

but im not even getting a ps3 till febuary when i get some extra money from taxes. No next gen for me this year.

I say that if i had the money i would get both because the ps3 has the best graphics and some pretty sweet games but the wii also has some sweet games. I would also like to get the xbox 360 but it has a lack of any real original titles as of yet (Only xbox sequels). (except for viva pinata, that game looks sweet).

wii pricing scroll down --> http://www.google.ca/search?q=the+price+of...:en-US:official

The final list of 21 launch titles was unveiled earlier today for PS3. The complete rundown

SCEA Launch Titles

Resistance: Fall of Man

NBA 07

Genji: Days of the Blade

Third Party Publisher Titles*

Blazing Angels Squadrons of WWII Ubisoft

Call of Duty®3 Activision

EA Sports Fight Night Round 3 Electronic Arts

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Bethesda Softworks

F.E.A.R. Vivendi Universal Games

Full Auto2: Battlelines Sega

Madden NFL 07 Electronic Arts

MARVEL:ULTIMATE ALLIANCE Activision

Mobile Suit Gundam®: CROSSFIRE NAMCO BANDAI Games

NBA 2K7 2K Sports

Need For Speed Carbon Electronic Arts

NHL® 2K7 2K Sports

RIDGE RACER® 7 NAMCO BANDAI Games

Sonic the Hedgehog Sega

Tiger Woods PGA Tour® 07 Electronic Arts

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® Vegas Ubisoft

Tony Hawk's Project 8 Activision

Untold Legends Dark Kingdom Sony Online Entertainment

I wasn't to keen on Halo, fable never intreasted me, i like gt, mgs kindda got annying for me.

every Zelda i've played i've had fun with. every mario i've played i've had fun with too.

i've had fun playing Super Metrio and nothing can compare to SSBM!

i find most of the ps2 games to be just repeats and new versions with slight upgrades.

there are very little unique games on ps2 afaikt and i dbout that ps3 will change that.

Nintendo are trying to change how we play games, if you dis that then you have no soul.

their aim is not to be a giant coperation who wants your money, they want you to have fun

we've been playing games the same way for the past 20 odd years, so why not change it.

so what if 3rd party developers didn't have intreast in Nintendo's gamecube.

all teh brianless zombie went and bought a ps3 just because it had 'mature games' with swearing and gore or all the EA games that get released yearly.

when i get another job, i'll by a Wii and have some fun, instead of buying a ps3 with the same games but with better graphics.

I couldn't care about playing in HD

*bows* very nicely said!

Soooooooooo.......

a)$50 for both the WiiMote and Nunchuk together, (No wait, it's $45.99CAD for WiiMote, Nunchuk: $24.99CAD)

B)$50 for Twilight Princess

c) Wii Sports included/packaged with console

d) No clue.

I'm assuming that this is USD, so I'm probably looking at about $771.52CAD. :o

Damn thats alot. Better go get a job at McDonalds.......

//EDIT: Is a Nunchuk really necessary?

//MORE EDIT: Somebody check my math.

//ANOTHER EDIT: Ah, thanks for clearing it travelfox.

console - $279.95 CAD

wii remote - $45.99 CAD

nunchuck - $24.99 CAD

twilight princess - $69.99 CAD

Wii Sports comes packaged with the console in all regions excluding Japan

grand total = $420.96 CAD plus tax

console - $249.99 USD

wii remote - $39.99 USD

nunchuck - $19.99 USD

twilight princess - $49.99 USD

grand total = $359.96 USD plus tax

Wii Sports comes packaged with the console in all regions excluding Japan