Winexpos�

Matonga, is it possible to add an option to "hide" the icon in the system tray???

Dude,

just a quick solution, right click the toolbar, click properties, click customize, then in current items click winexpose.

Set this to "always hide", click ok, then click apply followed by ok and hey presto...it's hidden!

This is the way I did it and it worked for me using XP, haven't got Vista so don't know.

Hope this helps man!

Matonga, great apps man!

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That helps, but only if I activate the "hide inactive icons" (I don't know the name of that option in english)...

I don't like that windows hide my icons that are unused, because from time to time I use them and I hate to click on the little arrow to show the unused icons (sorry my english sucks)

I found something that might be a bug...

When using Windows Live Messenger 9 (or maybe any other program that allows the use of webcam), the image of the cam stays in the place where it is...

I mean... If you try to use Winexposé you will see a black square where it supposed to be the camimage... It might be a fixable bug, but I don't know how....

No need to double post, use the edit option - thanks - mps69

@xNoFrostx:

1. You can do this:

- Tell Windows to hide unused icons.

- Then tell Windows to always show the icons you want visible (such as volume for example in my case).

- And tell Windows to always hide WinExposé icon and others'.

2. This is not a bug of WinExposé (black square instead of cam image), it is because of the way video is processed under Windows. Sadly there is no workaround to this. If you have Vista with Aero enabled, or probably with Windows 7 too, you can use Switcher instead, which uses a different approach (but maybe then WinExposé works right there too, I dunno 'cause I've never tested).

BTW hablas español? envíame un PM entonces ;)

Hi Matonga!!!

Firts of all I wanna congratulate U for the great work u do!!!

I just got the latest version of Win Expose but I got §i little problem. Actually is not big deal, but when I activate the expose I don't see my desktop, wonder why, so If I got to switch something please help to find it out

Thanks a lot!

@edgordil:

You should see your wallpaper in Windows XP.

In Vista/Windows 7 with slideshow wallpapers it will show nothing because you need to set a fixed wallpaper for WinExpose to display it correctly.

If you're using Vista or Windows 7 with Aero enabled, I highly recommend you use Switcher instead of WinExpose. I tried it myself and works pretty fine (and can be customized to look like Leopard's one).

@edgordil:

In Vista/Windows 7 with slideshow wallpapers it will show nothing because you need to set a fixed wallpaper for WinExpose to display it correctly.

If you're using Vista or Windows 7 with Aero enabled, I highly recommend you use Switcher instead of WinExpose. I tried it myself and works pretty fine (and can be customized to look like Leopard's one).

Gracias Matias!!,

I'll try it then. But I gotta say that is a shame 'cuz I really like ur work!! Continue like that, anyways i'll be looking forward to see if u can solve this problem and when "showdesktop" will be included in WinExposé.

Merci encore!

I could make WinExposé better with Aero-enabled version of Windows. A lot better.

The desktop would display correctly.

You would see the videos playing while watching all the windows at the same time.

Java and Gtk apps would display properly.

But there is a reason why I didn't do it: there is Switch, it is stable, it can be customized to look like Leopard, and it is free (as in free beer). So... why reinventing the wheel?

BTW, you can install ShowDesktop + Switcher, instead of being forced to install WinExposé + Switcher, and then disabling all WinExposé options but the show desktop feature. :D

I would even more like them, if I could use a custom tray icon for WinExposé. Is there any way to do it?

Yeah. Just download a resource editor, run it, open WinExpose.exe with it, and change the icon. ;)

Some resource editors:

Resource Hacker

http://www.angusj.com/resourcehacker/

XN Resource Editor

http://www.wilsonc.demon.co.uk/d10resourceeditor.htm

If you have problems trying to change the icon, just post again here. :D

Oh BTW you can use this technique to change icon of other applications too.

@Kamil1971:

1. Couldn't run the app: the executable is compressed with UPX. Forgot to mention.

2. I see I'm not using the MAINICON :( oops, I'll modify this soon so you and other modders can change the icon. Sorry for any inconveniences.

3. Can you also post your icon here? Just curious.

Thank you, it would be nice.

I'm trying to mod my systray and looking for a way to place "Mac-ish" icons in it (but without changing system files).

The icon actually is not completely mine (it's taken from Mac_Icons_by_ajones7279); I've just slightly remade it and use it for TrueTransparency, but I'd like to have it for WinExposé (which I love, BTW).

So, here is the icon and a screenshot of my present systray:

post-86687-1233796411_thumb.jpg

Expose2.zip

Thank you, it would be nice.

I'm trying to mod my systray and looking for a way to place "Mac-ish" icons in it (but without changing system files).

The icon actually is not completely mine (it's taken from Mac_Icons_by_ajones7279); I've just slightly remade it and use it for TrueTransparency, but I'd like to have it for WinExposé (which I love, BTW).

So, here is the icon and a screenshot of my present systray:

Is this a new version of WinExpose"

If you have ever used TaskSwitchXP, it has a neat feature about non MDI windows (I mean SDI ones but grouped), e.g. Delphi IDE or Lazarus or Gimp, it shows an unique Screenshot of all them, and maybe it's using a Parent and Childs using their respective rects positions in order to craft that unique snapshot., I don't really know and I'm newbie at this.

That would be a great feature added. Because I do have opened many IDEs and trying to find an specific project has many choices and snapshots becomes smaller.

Yes, I tried to do this with ResHacker, but after the change I couldn't run the app. Besides, the exe file had default icon instead of the new one. I don't know what I did wrong. Shouldn't I replace all the icons contained in file? Which one, if so? Thanks

New version:

http://www.file2go.net/view/5ba05fdc13

How-to replace tray icon:

Note: close WinExposé before proceeding! right click it's tray icon, and from the menu select Quit (or Exit, can't remember and I have it in spanish ATM).

First download upx ("the Ultimate Packer for eXecutables") (google for it). Then from a command-line run:

cd "\Program Files\WinExpose" (or wherever you installed WinExposé)

upx -d WinExpose.exe (be sure to extract upx into C:\Windows\System32 or wherever System32 is).

Now download Resource Hacker (google for it).

Run it and open WinExpose.exe.

Go to menu Action > Replace Icon.

In the list, select TRAYICON.

Replace it with your desired icon.

Then go to menu File > Save.

Now run WinExposé again and it should show custom icon.