Multi-Plugin 2.4 for iTunes 7

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like an idiot for saying this, but can you maybe update Multi-Plugin to have an option to get rid of the source pane? IMO it would make it look a lot sleeker and such. If you do choose to take this req, could you update the mplugin 2.3 for itunes 6 with this option too? I don't like itunes 7 that much . .

I had the same problem as Aleph, too. The only explanation I can give is that the problem happens after:

1: Switching to iTunes from another window

2: It happens after 15~ minutes of use

Hope this helps.

I wanted to post a screenshot but it says that I ran out of memory. A check on Task Manager says that I have 100+MB left. That prevented me from posting a screenshot earlier because I can't capture the frame, haih.

OK, I've found a bug that might cause this.

The new Cover Flow feature creates tons of in-memory images for the album art, and Multi-Plugin treated them as skin elements, without considering they might be deleted while iTunes is running (unlike real skin elements).

I'll leave iTunes open for some hours with this bug fixed to see if it fixes the double screen bug too.

Edit:

It didn't fix it.

Looking at the GDI Object count of iTunes in Task Manager, I figured out it's a GDI object leak - the count jumps by about 4 each second of playback, until it reaches 9999 and then iTunes goes crazy.

At least now we know the exact problem.

Temporary ugly fix - Using Party Shuffle stops the leak.

Well I fixed it.

At first I didn't notice it at all because I mostly use Party Shuffle :P

I also (maybe) fixed the bug that causes Multi-Plugin to crash iTunes on close.

I'll post the update in the following minutes.

Edit:

my FTP account doesn't let me to upload files for some reason, so I won't be uploading it now. I'll try tomorrow.

btw, I've got a free domain to register, so I would like some help with choosing a name :) localhost.com/net/org are all taken.

I'm massivly dissappointed. I need Multi-Plugin 4.3 so I can port the iTunes 6 skin to iTunes 7. iTunes 7 is butt ugly but iTunes 6 is beautiful. If someone will post this, I'll be happy to make the conversion. Many people will be happy to get the features of iTunes 7 with the look of iTunes 6. I've looked all over the web and you can't donwload Multi-Plugin 4.3 or earlier anywhere.

I have iTunes 4.7, 6, and 7 btw. I have iTunes 7 installed on one PC and 6 on the other. If nobody can tell me where to get 4.3, how about at least telling me where the resources are stored. I tried looked in all of the files in the iTunes folder and got nothing in my resource editor. Perhaps I need a different recource editor?

//Posts Merged. -NC

Thought I'd "chip in". I've been unsuccesful in installing the plugin. After the plugin's installed, when I open iTunes I get the previously mentioned "iTunes has encountered a problem and needs to close." message every time. It looks like the "mplugin.dll" is being copied to the iTunesPlug-ins folder, but the size of the file is zero.

Don't know if this is in any way useful to you. I'll just continue using iTunes 6 with the older version of mPlugin. Maybe there's a perfectly good explaination.

Thanks for all your hard work.

I'm massivly dissappointed. I need Multi-Plugin 4.3 so I can port the iTunes 6 skin to iTunes 7. iTunes 7 is butt ugly but iTunes 6 is beautiful. If someone will post this, I'll be happy to make the conversion. Many people will be happy to get the features of iTunes 7 with the look of iTunes 6. I've looked all over the web and you can't donwload Multi-Plugin 4.3 or earlier anywhere.

I have iTunes 4.7, 6, and 7 btw. I have iTunes 7 installed on one PC and 6 on the other. If nobody can tell me where to get 4.3, how about at least telling me where the resources are stored. I tried looked in all of the files in the iTunes folder and got nothing in my resource editor. Perhaps I need a different recource editor?

You mean MPlugin 2.3? There is no version 4.3--as you can see, we're only at v2.4.

//Posts Merged. Please don't double post--edit your original post instead ;).

-NC

first of all ,I would like to thank you for yur hard work.As i saw in the previous posts,I experinced he same problems.I noticed also that the hebrew option for ipod doesn`t seem to work> tried it but it works with the updater of 2006-01-10 wich seems to be too old for itunes 7 as i get an error message.I would like to know if someone else experienced the same problem.

Thank u

Ooops, yeah version 2.3. iTunes 6 requires 2.3 and 2.4 won't work with it. I can manually grab the components but it's going to take a bit. Sorry about the double post.

Yeah, localhost if you're listening, I need version 2.3. If I'm going to port the gui from iTunes 6 to iTunes 7, I'll need 2.3 and 2.4. I already have 2.4 so now all I need is 2.3. If you still have it and could post it, I would greatly appreciate it.

Well I fixed it.

At first I didn't notice it at all because I mostly use Party Shuffle :P

I also (maybe) fixed the bug that causes Multi-Plugin to crash iTunes on close.

I'll post the update in the following minutes.

Edit:

my FTP account doesn't let me to upload files for some reason, so I won't be uploading it now. I'll try tomorrow.

btw, I've got a free domain to register, so I would like some help with choosing a name :) localhost.com/net/org are all taken.

localhost127.net :D