Multi-Plugin 2.4 for iTunes 7

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

localhost,

thanks and congrats once again for MP for iTunes 7.

I have a question/feature request:

do you know if it's possible to block iPodService.exe being loaded during iTunes execution? It really freaks me out cos my Pc is old and slow, it keeps running even if I close iTunes, and it's useless to me as I don't own an iPod. Deleting iPodService.exe, putting a fake into its place, disabling the windows service did not stop it from working.

Any light on this?

Disabling the service should and usually does work. If you want to delete the ipodservice folder, you have to remove the installer entry from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREClassesInstallerProducts

Mine is AFFBD64488043E8498234713B64AAC4E . Save it to a reg file first.

If you uninstall and reinstall Multi-plugin, it should sort out the first problem.

I also have the same problem with iTunes 'not accepting clicks', until I minimize & restore iTunes, or activate another app, as you say.

I to also get this problem. Never mentioned it cause it only happens once in a blue moon.

Usually I go into preferences or something using the keyboard and that brings it back in to focus.

Oh and I'm getting random crashes when I start the new version of itunes. I think I may revert to a previous version.

Finally got round to installing iTunes 7. Just wondering if anyone else had the problems of foobar not showing the settings when the option is clicked. I'm sure foobar is being used for passthrough just that the option box doesn't show. Strange this is it worked the first instance but no longer.

Hi Local Host ,

Firts, Thank you for the amazing Multi-Plugin. It's a piece of work.

I wanted to clarify once and for all the Hebrew updater issue on this version. ( to myself mainly)

I am uncertain if I am doing everything in right or in the right order ... one thing is for sure - it's not working for me . ( 4gen. 20GB )

By clicking the "get Hebrew updater" button I do get the download though by trying to open it I recieve this message :

Before using Hebrew iPod Updater , you must install iPod Updater 2006-01-10

After you click OK , you will be taken to Apple's site where you may download it .

And sure enough , Apple's website pops up with itunes 7 download button. After updating , trying to open the Hebrew updater will get the same result.

I 've tried every single combination I could think of but couldn't figure it out.

Am I missing something ?

Thanx.

Hello

First I'd like to say thanks to localhost - great work. MultiPlugin is great :).

Now a little bugreport - in case you don't have anything better to do :D.

- iTunes does not update ID3 tag for a currently playing song. That is - I play a song, change, per example, song title - the new title does not get saved and iTunes reverts to the previous one. Kinda frustrating. This only happens if foobar passthrough is used!

- Coverflow does not work if main window opacity is changed. I don't use it anyway so it's really of no importance to me :).

I've installed iTunes 7.0.2, foobar2000 (newest edition), Asio4all, and configured foobar to work with Asio and ALAC files. This all works, and iTunes alone works, but using the multi-plugin for pass-through does not. I first encountered the foobar was not installed error, fixed the registry, then no more of that error. I then went to play a song, and the song plays in iTunes but there is no sound. I turn off the pass-through, and then there is sound, so I'm not sure if something in Foobar is configured wrong, but I'm not sure whats going on. Foobar does work by itself playign the song, so it must be transferring from foobar to itunes. Please help me get some sweet asio foobar pass-through goodness working!

- iTunes does not update ID3 tag for a currently playing song. That is - I play a song, change, per example, song title - the new title does not get saved and iTunes reverts to the previous one. Kinda frustrating. This only happens if foobar passthrough is used!

This is because the itunes process cannot access the file while it is being used by foobar. Pretty sure there is no way to really get around this.

well, actually Localhost had done it in Past, where you were able to Update the current playing song.

Off course that was with iTunes prior 7.x and Foobar 0.8.x, it's just matter of time Localhost works his magic with Foobar 0.9.x and newer iTunes.

Hi guys just wanted to report a bug.

Iv just instaled v7.0.2 of itunes today and tried to install MP and everytime i do so the installer crashes and xp tells me about the error report etc..

Was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem or if anyone knows how to fix it. Iv had a look on t'internet and cant seem to find an installer for v7.0.1 or earlier to see if i could install MP for those.

Thanks in advance for any help guys

Cheers for the advice but unfortunately that site has had to remove their older versions of itunes for legal reasons :(

Iv tried uninstalling itunes and quicktime now about 4 times and neither itunes nor quicktime are working now!

The quicktime installer keeps saying it cannot install as there is a newer version already installed, however i removed all traces of quicktime and do not have it on my computer anymore!! And itunes wont run because quicktime isnt installed!!

Anyone know how to fix this as i cant even listen to music now!

@olympus:

iTunes 7 needs iPodService to run. It seems like it waits for iPodService to initialize, and if it doesn't, it will just wait forever.

@lid:

This is fixed in the next version.

Unfortunately, this fix might lead to other problems, but may also fix other problems people had.

@Kayufa:

iPod Hebrew support isn't working with iTunes 7 currently. It will in the next release.

@jx12345:

The Fobar2000 isuue will be fixed in the next release.

As for the Cover Flow issue - in XP/2000 I can't solve this, if you use Vista it will work fine.

Just a little idea that might be easily implemented and would probably be appreciated by everyone who uses coverflow view in itunes 7....

Would it be possible to make coverflow the default view when a playlist is opened?

I don't believe there is a way to do that currently in itunes.

However it would be really nice....not least because there is no side bar in the playlist window so we'd be getting a lot closer to full screen coverflow!

Also, I use Salling Clicker to remote control Itunes from my phone...Salling clicker creates a playlist of whatever album it tells itunes to play, but as coverflow isn't the default playlist view, the artwork of the playing album isn't visible on the screen until coverflow view is selected.

Any idea if this would be possible localhost?

Also:

As for the Cover Flow issue - in XP/2000 I can't solve this, if you use Vista it will work fine.

Did you just mean the opacity issue? Will the crashes while browsing coverflow still be fixed?

Many thanks localhost....can't wait for the next release!

Cheers for the advice but unfortunately that site has had to remove their older versions of itunes for legal reasons :(

Iv tried uninstalling itunes and quicktime now about 4 times and neither itunes nor quicktime are working now!

The quicktime installer keeps saying it cannot install as there is a newer version already installed, however i removed all traces of quicktime and do not have it on my computer anymore!! And itunes wont run because quicktime isnt installed!!

Anyone know how to fix this as i cant even listen to music now!

If you're still looking for older versions of iTunes, you can find them over at www.filehippo.com

They have them as far back as version 4.8 as of my last check today.