Multi-Plugin 2.4 for iTunes 7

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About the equalizer bug, turns out it's not even a bug in Multi-Plugin.

If you show the Equalizer, and press Alt+Print Screen and paste in Paint or something, even without Multi-Plugin installed, you'll notice that it captures more than just the equalizer window, which means that the equalizer window is actually larger than it is, and iTunes just hides the invisible parts of it.

For some reason, the equalizer becomes normal after resizing it and restoring it, so I'll try to force iTunes into doing this.

@zondajag:

I don't know.

This will mostly be a bug fix and stability release, so I'd rather make it stable than release it fast.

"You can already do number 2 in iTunes, just search/select the album in library view and click play, and it'll stop once the albums finished"

Thanks for the tip. What do you mean by "search/select the album"? If i pick an album (eg by double clicking the cover in cover browser mode or highlighting the first song in list view and pressing play) itynes will play the album but then go straight into the following album when the first one has finished.

Is there really already a way to avoid this ?(obviously without the use of playlists.) If there is i'd really appreciate some further explanation.

Thanks in advance

In your library enable the browser (View / Enable Browser) and select the album you want to play

About the equalizer bug, turns out it's not even a bug in Multi-Plugin.

If you show the Equalizer, and press Alt+Print Screen and paste in Paint or something, even without Multi-Plugin installed, you'll notice that it captures more than just the equalizer window, which means that the equalizer window is actually larger than it is, and iTunes just hides the invisible parts of it.

For some reason, the equalizer becomes normal after resizing it and restoring it, so I'll try to force iTunes into doing this.

That would be really great if you find a way doing this ....

best wishes, Toner

I tried searching for this so I hope it is not a duplicate post.

I am using iTunes 7.0.1.8 with Multi-Plugin's foobar2000 passthru. After I added ReplayGain data to my files' tags, many of the artists or song titles began to show up with a square character at the end of the words, so that alphabetical order is messed up. I am using iTunes's default font and default skin.

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?

Does anyone else use "cover browser" view extensively with multi-plugin installed?

I do, and I've found if i click really quickly on the directional arrows to quickly scroll through a bunch of covers, itunes will often crash.

It never did this before multi-plugin was installed and i have uninstalled multi-plugin to test and so far it hasn't crashed again when doing this.

Anyone else notice this?

Does anyone else use "cover browser" view extensively with multi-plugin installed?

I do, and I've found if i click really quickly on the directional arrows to quickly scroll through a bunch of covers, itunes will often crash.

It never did this before multi-plugin was installed and i have uninstalled multi-plugin to test and so far it hasn't crashed again when doing this.

Anyone else notice this?

That's one of the things the next release fixes.

Skinning question: when modifying the resources/images, must they be kept at the original size or can an image of any dimension replace it?

No skinning problems with the new version!

To your question. All images must be kept by the original size expect the Titlebar, Left and Right images and the left mini player image (and the right but you can't use it) Every other image witch hasn't the original size will be shown as the default image.

Cheers Toner

Tip for anyone using Panda antivirus: Before installing or uninstalling multi-plugin, go into computer management > services and applications and stop the TPSrv Service, it interferes with the installation or uninstallation of multi-plugin. I have no idea why but it does.Just restart the service when th installation is finished

I don't know about anyone else, but when I upgraded to iTunes 7.0.2, I had a problem with the skinning of the scrollbars.

So I dumped the resources to see what had changed, and in order to fix it, I had to rename certain files...

QT_57.bmp >>> QT_009.bmp

QT_59.bmp >>> QT_011.bmp

QT_65.bmp >>> QT_017.bmp

QT_67.bmp >>> QT_019.bmp

QT_68.bmp >>> QT_020.bmp

QT_69.bmp >>> QT_021.bmp

QT_70.bmp >>> QT_022.bmp

QT_71.bmp >>> QT_023.bmp

I think thats all of them. There may be more.

Rather than renaming these files, its best to have a copy of the file under both names. Several skins already have this, and therefore haven't been affected by the upgrade.

I'm new to skinning, so I'm not sure, but this might be a return to the original labelling because Localhost's Aqua skin that is included with Multi-plugin now works.

If this is the case, any skins that kept copies of the originally labelled files shouldn't be affected.

After installing iTunes 7.0.2, I get the following error when starting iTunes:

The application or DLL L:ProgramsiTunesPlug-insMPlugin.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.

After clicking "OK", iTunes loads as normal, but without Multi-Plugin.

I also have another long-standing issue with Multi-Plugin (since at least iTunes 6): iTunes will (seemingly randomly) not accept clicks until I activate a window from another program, then switch back. It may possibly be related to my using Windows' XMouse feature (via TweakUI); XMouse does occasionally cause weird behaviour in apps.

Apologies if this is a known problem, I haven't read through this thread or the previous incarnations.