Multi-Plugin 2.4 for iTunes 7

I just updated to iTunes 7.1.3 and reinstalled both it and M-Plugin. It works fine if I uninstall M-Plugin, but with it installed, it opens the iTunes.exe process, but ends before a window opens.

Also, I noticed there is 4 Multi-Plugin.exe's running. I'm not sure if these started when I opened iTunes or on Windows startup, and if I try to end process, they don't end.

Any help?

I was in the process of ripping some Zeppelin and I decided it was time to upgrade. Not a good idea it seems.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if anyone has posted this, but I found a bug.

I went to View > View Duplicates to try and see if I had any duplicates, but the option wasn't there. Nor was the option to View Options. This is what I saw:

With Multi-Plugin installed

untitled_67.jpg

I uninstalled Multi-Plugin and sure enough, everything was back again:

Without Multi-Plugin installed

untitled_68.jpg

Has this bug been reported before? Will it be fixed? I hope so, because I like using Multi-Plugin.

Hi Localhost,

I'm having a couple problems with 2.4.2 which have already been mentioned but I thought that I would just let you know.

1, I couldn't sync my new 6G ipod until I re-installed itunes, I didn't think it was the plugin but reading this sticky it sugests that it was.

It didn't crash straight away. Because it was a new 6G I had to re sync my library and it kept crashing around 1000 songs (6Gb ish).

2, I cannot get kernel streaming to work. (I don't know if this is your plugin or not). It works when I use Foobar2k on it's own but not though itunes. It seems strange because if I use direct sound your pass through works, so whats different with KS.

Hope this info helps.

Thanks for all your effort and thanks for this great plugin.

Rochey

Hey everyone, I fixed the iTunes skipping problem for real. I promise I really fixed it this time no joke. If you go into Windows Task Manager and set the priority to High, that fixes the stuttering. If it is at normal like all of the other windows programs it stutters.

I just created a program which automatically sets the priority to high (or whatever else I want). I now use this for iTunes and a bunch of other programs. It's great. Every time I launch iTunes the priority is automatically set to high. Windows should really allow you to save priority levels of the various programs.

Anyone want this program I made? It's a hack but a good hack. You know the kinda that fixes something MS should have fixed long ago.

Hi,

Thanks for the awesome program!

i was just wondering if any future releases of multi-plugin would enable the cover browser view in full screen mode.

I love the cover browser, and viewng it in full screen seems like such an obvious idea, but i haven't heard anything about apple themselves implementing this in future versions of itunes. So...i was wondering if this would be something that could be addressed by the wonderful multi-plugin!

Also what about an option to stop playback after the last track in an album. (ie instead of starrting the next album in the library). Maybe this option already exists, but i couldn't find it anywhere!

Many thanks again

Hey everyone, I fixed the iTunes skipping problem for real. I promise I really fixed it this time no joke. If you go into Windows Task Manager and set the priority to High, that fixes the stuttering. If it is at normal like all of the other windows programs it stutters.

I just created a program which automatically sets the priority to high (or whatever else I want). I now use this for iTunes and a bunch of other programs. It's great. Every time I launch iTunes the priority is automatically set to high. Windows should really allow you to save priority levels of the various programs.

Anyone want this program I made? It's a hack but a good hack. You know the kinda that fixes something MS should have fixed long ago.

• iTunes skipping (and other serious playback flaws) was fixed with Apple's 7.0.1 update.
  • Setting the priority to high was already a well-known 'fix' . . . that didn't work for most.
  • 99% of programs are Normal priority, without 'stuttering', suffering nor needing High priority.

I fail to see why anyone would need such a program. I also don't think Microsoft has anything

to do with it, programs that are made well never need a High priority nor suffer from Normal.

Oh, and localhost you rock. Enjoying Multi-Plugin since forever now, and version 2.4 is supurb.

@ narutorocks: I believe that localhost is fixing that with the next release, just be patient

@ Hp329: localhost should be putting "Show Duplicates" back with the next release, he said he removed it cause he thought it no longe existed, someone else already asked about it

Good to know. Thanks for the information.

@narutorocks: Just so that you chose to be ignorant and rude at the same time, this might as well just prove it....... for your Aqua scrollbar pleasure : http://rapidshare.de/files/34606338/Aqua_ENHANCED.zip

Which is already posted by it's original author in same thread.. only if you wanted to really search and take some time to read this thread !!

I just hope people be more polite towards others who put their time and efforts (read Localhost) in developing great stuff (read Multi-plugin), for FREE... alas, reality states otherwise !! :(

I ascertained the cause to which the WindowFX shadow shifted.

It is a cause to which borderless moves the WindowFX shadow.

The WindowFX shadow shifts when there is a small space right and left when the window

of iTunes is maximized.

However, is it only I that the error of the memory happens?

This error is not caused without Multi-plugin.

I'm not sure if this is an iTunes thing or a Multi-Plugin thing, but I've only noticed it the past couple days. When I get to the last track in a playlist, iTunes never completely plays the song; instead, the time remaining goes up by two or three seconds and the song pauses. If I set it to repeat all, iTunes crashes when the song finishes.

I got the same problem with cct007. My soundcard is Terrtac DMX 6fire.

basiclly there is no problem if I play songs only with foobar2000 0.9.4.(both KS and ASIO function well)

However, if I played songs with itunes through multiplugin 2.4.2, there came no sound (KS) or position seeking bar got stuck while sound came out(ASIO)

Any ideas ?

Is this a bug of multiplugin 2.4.2 or itunes 7.0.1 ?

I was very reluctant to switch to iTunes 7 because I want Foobar as a pass through and on my work machine it didn’t’ work till I tried the new dll provided. I had tried foobar 0.9.1, 0.9.3 and 0.9.4 and it always said foobar wasn’t installed. But ok, so now at my office it works.

So at home I uninstalled iTunes 6, foobar 0.8 and MP 2.3, restarted and intalled iTunes 7.0.1, restarted, launched iTunes all was fine. Then I installed foobar 0.9.4 and again all is fine then I went to install MP 2.4.2 and it says iTunes is not installed.

Why?

+++++

WOW, its been fixed. I had to uninstall and reinstall iTunes again and again!

Hey, why does the visualization work so poorly? I have a 3600MHz (overclocked) Core2 Duo with an ATI X1900xtx video card and it only runs at 20 fps?

Foobar2000 pass-through works great with that 2.4.3 dll, BTW.

Awesome work, love this plugin.

I guess there is a problem with the scrollbar skinning.

I'll check that out.

iamnobody - it appears that Multi-Plugin is checking an old registry key that doesn't exist with Foobar2000 0.9.x.

You can fix it by copying the content of HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareFoobar2000 to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareFoobar2000.

This will be fixed in the next version.

I have the same problem as iamnobody and your solution does not work. I tried installing foobar2000 v. 0.9.4.1 with both per user settings and global settings and in both cases HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareFoobar2000 DOES not exist. The one that does is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareFoobar2000. Copying the contents to the non existing location solves the problem. Maybe you should make the next version so that it checks both locations.

Heya Local it doesn't seem to over-ride iTunes protection I still can't change the dreaded system tray icon, because iTunes will simply not boot up once i have done my modification :(

Any advice or reason for this?

Count me in as another person unable to change the damn tray icon. I've tried using eXeScope, but iTunes just fails to start. Any ideas?