Official Od Docklet Thread!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"i dont see it useful at all :S you cant click the individual icons when they are in one dock icon, you can just look at them, so what's the use of it"

The point is that those little icons on the dock icon are alive (the behaviour is similar to the normal windows taskbar). For me this was the last lack of the Stardock Object Dock. As I do not want to see the standard windows taskbar I lost the access to the tray icons (which are very important part of the user interface on windows).

Unfortunatelly this is the deep system problem so it is very complicated to make it working. Consequently, it is very buggy at the moment. A long development will be required to make it reliable.

Kk.

Originally posted by kakacek@Sep 18 2003, 09:12 AM

"i dont see it useful at all :S you cant click the individual icons when they are in one dock icon, you can just look at them, so what's the use of it"

The point is that those little icons on the dock icon are alive (the behaviour is similar to the normal windows taskbar). For me this was the last lack of the Stardock Object Dock. As I do not want to see the standard windows taskbar I lost the access to the tray icons (which are very important part of the user interface on windows).

Unfortunatelly this is the deep system problem so it is very complicated to make it working. Consequently, it is very buggy at the moment. A long development will be required to make it reliable.

Kk.

that's why we have ObjectBar ;)

its a lot more like the real OSX :D

Originally posted by kakacek@Sep 27 2003, 02:36 PM

Have you seen the "sign in" reference?

I saw it, but didn't click on it...just a suggestion...instead of calling the button "Sign In", I'd call it something like "New User Registration"

Thanks for pointing me to it though...

What is this?????

I registered as a new user, logged in and when I try to click on anything I get this :

You are not permited to access the registered area of: KkMenu for Stardock

Please register to gain the access rights.

Excuse me???? Please resolve this issue.

don't you all think 20 bucks is too much for the kkmenu docklet?

for example there is Total Commander (Windows Commander) very popular and full-featured filemanager that costs $30.

excuse me..

You are not permited to access the registered area of: KkMenu for Stardock

you have to click on 'Product Pages' link then choose Register.

Originally posted by sen@Sep 27 2003, 09:05 PM

don't you all think 20 bucks is too much for the kkmenu docklet?

for example there is Total Commander (Windows Commander) very popular and full-featured filemanager that costs $30.

excuse me..

you have to click on 'Product Pages' link then choose Register.

Hey, I'm don't like sharewere too, but let Kakacek to dicide his KKMenu docklet price; if you think it's much expensive, don't buy it!

Btw: Windows Commander isn't a docklet...

Respect please ;)

Originally posted by Unbeliever@Sep 29 2003, 02:58 AM

i must agree it`s a bit too expensive taking in account that u can buy a full program for like 10-15 bucks, but i understand Jiri`s need for cash ;)

I agree. Please don't misunderstand me, I totally respect wanting some compensation for your hard work.

I would be happy to pay $10 for it, but $20 is a bit high. For 20 dollars you can get Stardock's WindowBlinds full version, and the upgrade is only $10!

Originally posted by jbgamble@Oct 1 2003, 08:36 PM

I agree.  Please don't misunderstand me, I totally respect wanting some compensation for your hard work. 

I would be happy to pay $10 for it, but $20 is a bit high. For 20 dollars you can get Stardock's WindowBlinds full version, and the upgrade is only $10!

true, true :(

Gents,

I am watching you comments to the KkMenu price. Read please carefully the following comments ...

Payment hints:

1. You could donate KkMenu with $10 for a couple of months. NOONE DID SO!

2. Consequently I decided to make it a Shareware.

3. Compute with me: You pay $20. The bank takes 3% per each payment. The publisher of KkMenu takes 25%. The taxes take approx. 30%. So I receive approx. $8.40.

Conclusion: It is still more convenient for me if you take the $10 bank note, put it into the envelope (now together with your email address) and mail it registered to my private address.

Expected amount of payment hints:

1. KkMenu was downloaded by over 10000 users. Consequently I can expect that there are thousands of KkMenu users.

2. If I could assume that everyone pays for KkMenu then I would only require $1 (to be clear incom, so for you $2) per registration.

3. I am sorry for saying this: I do not expect anyone to pay!!! (KkMenu is very easy to hack; only a some of you are so honest to at least think about paying to me; those of you who think about paying will not pay as they consider $20 is robbery :order:).

Conclusion: I will not become reach thanks to KkMenu.

My reasons for working on KkMenu hints:

1. In the beginning I made the first KkMenu.exe according to my original neeeds. 2. It took me 6 hours only.

3. Then I published it and it suddenly became popular. It was free. I liked to learn new programming techniques. Users asked me for more and more new features.

4. Now we have the KkMenu docklet. It is much much better than the original KkMenu. It even includes the tray support (which works quite well to me under both W2k and XP).

5. It took me over thousand of hours to develop it.

6. I do not like the development any more.

7. Consequently I made it shareware. If I have real profit I will continue. Otherwise I will do something else (which will feed my wife and daughter).

Conclusion: This was probably last KkMenu release.

Well, if you read through then sorry for being so detailed.

Best regards,

Kk.

Hi Jiri,

we both know that nothing in life is free but pple who visit Aqua-Soft.org community see that everything here is for free (MobyDock, Yz Apps, Savanna, Aqua Apps etc.) and when they come to something that has to be paid they get really annoying and unpleasent (not thinking about anyone particular). But u have to remember that some people (like pple in our surrounding countries(I`m from Serbia)) don`t have 20$ to pay (that`s why they steal programs). I think you can remember how it was beofre the fall of SSSR. People are still strugleing for survival (and that`s why i understand and in a way support KkMenu becoming shareware (although to be honest i won`t buy it cause i use YzDock now and in my country $20 is how much i spend in a month). U should do things that please you and also give u resources to live. Good luck

A

Hi Unbeliever,

Originally posted by Unbeliever@Oct 2 2003, 03:06 PM

People are still strugleing for survival (and that`s why i understand and in a way support KkMenu becoming shareware (although to be honest i won`t buy it cause i use YzDock now and in my country $20 is how much i spend in a month). U should do things that please you and also give u resources to live.

Looking at your footer, I can't help but notice that you just spent at least 20 months worth of money on an mp3 player. (I don't want to flame you, just set things in perspective.)

wraith.