Aqua-Soft v3 Skin for phpBB 2.x Released

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not that I don't feel the need to donate for the skin, more or less than I can't afford it right now. My point was you shouldn't call it donationware for the fact that it's not donationware, making people pay for it before they can download it isn't "donating" for it, it's paying for it. If I could afford to pay for it right now I would be more than happy to, but the fact of the matter is I can't, so I guess I'll have to live without it.

Hi,

I'm quite new here, so bear with me if these questions have been asked a thousand times already :-p

First of all I'll be creating a Mac Related website soon ( not sure if I'll be using WordPress or a true CMS like Drupal ). One thing I will need is a Forum. Again, I have no idea which one since I'm completely new at this ( if you have any suggestions on what I should pick as forum software, feel free to let me know ).

Since I will need a Forum, and the whole site is Mac Related, I thought using the Aqua-Soft theme would be a good idea, so I came out here and looked around a bit. The theme looks great, and I would probably donate to use it, but I do have a few questions.

* What type of donation is required ? What amount ? I couldn't really see anything concerning that.

* What do you actually get in return ? Is it just a theme for vBulletin, or do you get themse for things like phpBB and other stuff as well ?

Could you please inform me a bit more abou that ? Or show me where I could find that info ?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Stefaan

Technically you can donate any amount, go into http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/payments.php to subscribe to the Aqua-Soft skin, there your account will be upgraded to donator status and you get access to the support forum and where I post releases.

You do get access to all versions. Riight now its just vBulletin and phpBB. I'm currently working on the IPB 2.2 release.

Hope that helps.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

If you donate on the forums you get access to the skin forum automatically, where u can download the same package I send out via email (which can take a few min up to a few hours).

Great job on the skin Timan!

I tried the phpBB skin on a new forum and this is what i noticed.

There were alternating blue/white backgrounds for the first category only. The other forums in other categories all didn't show the alternating blue/white backgrounds - only white.

I checked with the skin's demo site for phpBB, and it seems to work there though.

Any ideas?

You can check it out at: http://bluerainstudios.com/mediappl/

You can contact me at [email protected]

Thanks!

xr

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

At http://www.mosnis.dyndns.org you can see Aqua-Soft Theme in Drupal and in the also running phpBB which authenticates against drupal (and, if one day the theme will be available for mediawiki, squirrelmail and general HTML , also in the Wiki there which also authenticates against drupal, the webmailer Squirrelmail and even CGI::IRC *g*) ...

Is the theme used here in the Aquasoft-Wiki available as standalone Theme or is it depending on the vBulletin Wikiintegration?

Cya,

Tom