Post Your Workstation

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol phantom isnt that kinda curt?

anyways i love the speaker. I have the sony bravia 48" at my living room. So i wouldnt be impressed by the LCD TV because they are really cheap nowadays.. i mean relatively. XBOX .. i have that. Wii play it everyday at uni's hangout :D . The thing that i like is thatt the placement of the LCD(plasma) TV. My friend is coming on JUN 02. and yes i will put up the pix. I think i will have to save up for some speakers.

Guys, any suggestions to the speakers?

word.

I'm telling ya, if this thing were to take off for god knows whatever reason, that dude with the $30,000 Mac Pro would win. I mean, c'mon, it's a Mac Pro. With 16GB of RAM. And two Apple Cinema Displays, and...

Everything is good except for those ACDs. Horrible response time.

I read that the cinema displays actually have a much better response time than the number would suggest. The way they measure cinema display response time is measured in the time it takes for a pixel to turn from full white to full black. Most other displays have a gray to gray response time listed, meaning they don't measure a pixel turning from full white to black but shades of gray. This is why all other displays list a faster response time than the cinema displays but really the cinema displays are fine (I've watched games/videos played on them... noticed no issues)

hey dont be jealous all, i meant that my walls and presentation look good too. although that shot is bad because the desk is a mess, i think that was the day i was installing the speakers. this is probably surprising but i use those the least. just for movies and occasional music.

I read that the cinema displays actually have a much better response time than the number would suggest. The way they measure cinema display response time is measured in the time it takes for a pixel to turn from full white to full black. Most other displays have a gray to gray response time listed, meaning they don't measure a pixel turning from full white to black but shades of gray. This is why all other displays list a faster response time than the cinema displays but really the cinema displays are fine (I've watched games/videos played on them... noticed no issues)

The lower the number, the better I feel. My Samsung SyncMaster 206BW has a 2ms response time, got it for $200. I feel better with buying a monitor for $200 with 2ms response time than buying an ACD with 16ms response time for $600.