Shedko Badges

stickduolm8.png Shedko Badges 1.5

Imagine a program, which will forever change your notion of desktop icons. A program, which in a blink of an eye will assist you in searching lost files or imperceptible folders. A program, so simple and clear to use, and in the same time functional and innovative.

Shedko Software in association with Va-deam’s Lab presents "Badges".

Badges - the program, allowing placing handy emblems upon familiar Windows icons. From now there is no need to invent sophisticated file names, to drag icons to different corners of the screen or to seek new ico-files for having fast access to a folder with recent projects or with latest images. Place a badge on the desired icon and you will notice it immediately!

10 different kinds of badges, each represents its own semantic category: certified, cool, danger, delete, distinguished, favourite, important, new, personal and web. This will satisfy even exacting users. The quantity of the placed badges is unlimited.

Key Features:

· Custom themes support.

badgesthemesgq6.png

· Badges uses special format SBZ as themes. These files are automatically associated with the program and are fully-processed (intuitive drag’n’drop). Want to create your own theme? You are welcome! Check out the “Badges Icon Design Guidelines”, delivered in English and Russian languages.

· Seamless integration with Windows Explorer and core services

badgespagenh5.png

badgesmenuqe0.png

· Seamless integration with Windows Explorer and core services. Badges adds handy items both to contextual menus and also to the file/folder properties tab. You can use simultaneously both options, but there is an opportunity to turn off unwanted one.

· Interaction with all Windows applications.

viewthumbsag0.png

viewtilehw1.png

If you place a badge upon a file, it can be seen not only in Explorer. Your badge will be shown in any "Open, "Save" etc. dialogue window.

· Exquisite design.

badgesmellowsp7.png

Badges can brag of the refined interface and corporate identity by Va-deam’s Lab. The style will not disappoint both Vista Aero fans and Mac OS X Aqua adherents. The "Mellow" badges theme was specially created and is exclusively distributed with Badges. Mellow features bright colors, glass shine, clear lines and contrast. It looks brilliant at any size.

· Convenient manager for maintenance and control over all the badges you placed.

badgeslibraryqf4.png

If you put a lot of badges and moreover in various places, and then want to remove them, the built-in manager will come to the help! Use fully functional sorting for comfort display of the library and removal of unwanted badges.

The program was translated into many languages.

badgeslangsce6.png

In standard package English, Russian, Ukrainian, Japanese, German and Armenian language files are included. Badges category names can also be translated.

· Place a badge even on removable disks, hard disks and network drives!

viewdrivesip7.png

badgestraynp3.png

· Unlike other programs, which operate with icons, Badges can place a badge even on removable disks, hard disks and network drives! Any badge can be shown even in the system tray if your storage device appears to be full.

Download

http://rapidshare.com/files/15442621/Shedko_Badges_1_5_.zip ( 1,8 MB )

and also you may download from

http://eng.softq.org/badges.htm

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This looks pretty cool.. but I'd rather just new icons :)

Yes, certainly, this your business.

But it is simple at me such "adjusted" folders about 100 folders, and that after change of the next theme of icons- to change all " in manual ", - well is not present to me.

Also I use for a mark files which demand consideration in the near future.

Haven't given it a great workout...yet. Works pretty good.

Interferes with IconTweaker applied theme.

Great idea especially for tagging/flagging documents relevant to particular projects.

Edit: Had one little issue. Missing export function (according to Process Explorer) in mpr.dll. Haven't recreated yet.

Firstly thanks for all who was use this application. :)

Edit: Had one little issue. Missing export function (according to Process Explorer) in mpr.dll. Haven't recreated yet.

Please check your PC for viruses, because this dll used to connect to internet, but Badges do not use this dll. Or other application was replace your mpr.dll to another - use system restore or file checker. And Badges do not hook this dll and do not replace it.

Please check your PC for viruses, because this dll used to connect to internet, but Badges do not use this dll. Or other application was replace your mpr.dll to another - use system restore or file checker. And Badges do not hook this dll and do not replace it.

That's what I thought. Thanks for the response. No viruses though. System I think is corrupted somewhere haven't found yet.

• 2 weeks later...

1.0 RC2 ( 12 august 2006 )

+ Added context menu to select badges from Explorer menu.

+ Now you can Enable/Disable Context menu and Property page integration in to the shell.

+ Added feature to translate Badges to your language. + Included languages: English (my bad english) + Russian.

* Fixed: not correct including of drives to the invalid list.

Download

please one of the next post, because new version is realised

Some user report problemm, that icons do not appear:

FOR EXAMPLE ONE OF LETTER

I've got the Badges selection in the right click, also I can see the

badges I've selected for some files (various types) in the Badges:

Manager: Base: All, but this files don't show the badges in explorer.

THERE IS NOTHING IN THE "INVALID" EITHER.

It's something wrong with my pc?

Please help.

In the first, try to restart Windows, all the case is that these Badges will appear only after restart Windows.

If you have already made it, but badges all the same have not appeared, unpack enclosed archive " re_register.zip " in a folder with the program and start appeared "install.bat" - this file will make a re-registration of all components of the program in your system, upon termination of performance the inquiry about addition of changes in the register will be deduced, respond "Yes".

After all it again restart Windows.

re_register.zip

Shedko Badges RC 3

1.0 RC 3 ( 21 august 2006 )

+ Manager: Now window position was saved and restored from settings.ini

+ Manager: On lines with invalid badges now showing symbol '!'

+ Manager: on Library page items now have more small height and small (14 px) icon.

+ Manager: Now on right side of theme selection page you may see information about theme.

+ Manager: Added feature to delete badges in manager.

+ Manager: Now for drawing theme preview in manager used special 50x50 icon format.

+ Manager: Added feature to choose theme for toolbar.

+ Property page: is ready for translation.

+ Property page: icons now uses alfa blending.

+ Property page: "Reset" icon now placed as 1-st icon.

+ Property page: used special 50x50 icon format from icon.

+ Property page: button "Reset" replaced by icon "Reset"

+ Context menu: Removed symbol '-'.

+ Context menu: used special 14x14 icon format from icon.

* FIXED: installer do not corectly register all dlls on most system and as result badges is not work.

+ Other small improvements and bug-fixes.

Download

if you need downloading with resume feature, you may download this application from official page:

Shedko Badges Relise Candidate 4

Now I'm will publish more stable version, that do not requie old versions.

1.0 RC 4 ( 23 august 2006 ) - Bug fix version

+ Manager: Added context menu to sorting of items in library.

* FIXED: now all dll will be registered on all PC. :-)

You may download this pre-final version from:

From rapidshare.de

http://rapidshare.de/files/30402507/shedko_badges_rc4.zip ( 1,2 MB)

Or from application page:

Number 5 (distinguished) badge isn't visible. Appears in Manager + base.ini file but, not visible in any explorer view. Wasn't working in RC3 also.

I've tried the following:

- complete uninstall, cleaned registry. re-install.

- manually register dll's

- manually input registry entries

- used your reg file

My System:

XP Sp2 1g sdram

Number 5 (distinguished) badge isn't visible. Appears in Manager + base.ini file but, not visible in any explorer view. Wasn't working in RC3 also.

My System:

XP Sp2 1g sdram

Yes, this occurred on some systems ( on my PC, for example).

I'm will try fix this mistake, but this is a limitation of used technology. Microsoft reduce 3d-party overlays icons to 10, but on some PC work up to 16, but on another only 10. In final version I'm will try find solution to "unloсk" this limitation.

Hi Level, thanks for a great and continually improving app.

I just wanted to share an idea with you. I think this app would be even more useful as well as appeal to a wider range of people, if you could allow people to create their own categories of badges, from within the app. That means they could create new, and more categories than the 11 currently supported, as well as being able to choose which icons/symbols to use for a particular category.

I don't know if it's even possible, but please tell me what you think.

Hi Level, thanks for a great and continually improving app.

I just wanted to share an idea with you. I think this app would be even more useful as well as appeal to a wider range of people, if you could allow people to create their own categories of badges, from within the app. That means they could create new, and more categories than the 11 currently supported, as well as being able to choose which icons/symbols to use for a particular category.

I don't know if it's even possible, but please tell me what you think.

Yes this all is good, but on the unknown reson to me, the technology which I use for creation of these badges from Microsoft (as arrows on shortcuts, the hand at shared files) does not allow to display more than 10-11 badges simultaneously.

I'm will try find way to "unlock" this "magic number", but at this moment on most PC was only 10-11 badges, but on some up to 16. :confused:

At version 1.1 (final) I'm will add feature to rename categories.

And also, you may always create your theme, this is very easy:

1. In folder "themes" create new folder "Your theme name"

2. Place in this folder 11 icons.

3. Its all ;)

Been browsing the Shell SDK

& can't find anything about limitations. Could you point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance. :)

Yes, this is what I do for fun.

When I wrote this program - I'm could not understand why some icons simply do not showing. In alfa version there a 25 icons, but then by experimentation was by found out, that on the average on the PC it is displayed 10-11 icons, and only on some PC can be up to 16.

In the MSDN itself this restriction did not see, I shall repeat, it is found out experimentation by on many computers.

Thanks.

I will let you know if I find out anything elsewhere.

Edit: There are only 15 slots available for overlays, right from the SDK

Thanks, on most systems with WindowsXP there a 5 system overlay icons. :( I.e. for my purposes almost always remains only 10 icons.