FindeXer

Well... here is working perfectly! :D

Just like michael says... I would ask for the same.

Eject buttons, full/empty recycle bin images... and it would be amazing

having some item's default menus... by default. :P

I think this app is big... not only for the mac emulation world... it's great for anyone who uses xp. We all wanted to have control over that menu since too long ago.

Congratulations alianyn!!! ;)

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi-5

hug

kiss??.....naaaaah

works man...it just works....i posted to chris to include it in flyakite 4...this has to be there !!!

cheers man

[email protected]#$inbelievable !

u broke new ground by removing that annoying cross also

i thought ud give up when tryin to set it to default....cuz i think many ppl here pondered over it for a while but could never do it !!!

anyway...i feel this is fit to be release no?

it works fine...

same here acastro, new windows on everything clicked :(

I think the problem may be that I'm using Kabal's Finderbar. Are you?

I tried to uninstall it using the reg file. My tree view came back but it was still the default view when opening a Explorer window. Do you know how to fully uninstall Kabal's?

For the people that are getting new windows each time they open a folder try this:

Go to tools - folder options, select the files types tab, then select folder and click on advanced. If you see explore in bold, select open instead and press set as default. Now things should work for you.

I think the problem may be that I'm using Kabal's Finderbar. Are you?

I tried to uninstall it using the reg file. My tree view came back but it was still the default view when opening a Explorer window. Do you know how to fully uninstall Kabal's?

Jsut go to youre folder options man.

Great app, workin and rokin at my work machine, gotta try ยด@ home. SP2 on both.

Finally something as fresh as styler, AND IS NOT NFR ;) . Amazin work, you rock.

For the people that are getting new windows each time they open a folder try this:

Go to tools - folder options, select the files types tab, then select folder and click on advanced. If you see explore in bold, select open instead and press set as default. Now things should work for you.

You rock! that fixed it so that it opens by default. nice find.

@khazz - how about just don`t drag them?

the item lock means you can`t ADD any new items to FindeXer. so that if you drag an item in, your only option is to drop ON an item (for execution, copy, etc...). it is not meant for situations where the user drags an item into the bar but doesn`t wish it to be dragged to the bar - that`s just not logical...

Could you provide an option for preventing already existing entries from being dragged around within FindeXer? I sometimes try to click on a FindeXer shortcut only to have the mouse 'stick' briefly to the link and then accidentally drag the item off. Perhaps a 'lock' state where you can add new entries but existing items are otherwise locked in place until you unlock findeXer.

Also, since using this new nightly, Explorer Crashes when trying to Unload Windowblinds (v5.xx) Can anyone else confirm this behaviour?

Otherwise, thank you very much for this amazing gift. Like others have said, you're contribution stands tall with all the other now famous customizing gratis apps out there!

Regards

@firecracker6 : I tried unloading WB and it unloads just fine. i tried a few scenarios with windows open/close while browsing etc... nothing crashed for me. are you using the latest version? (also sorry to ask, but is it a legit version? I`m not asking because i care or suspect but because the cracked ones have LOADS of problems...)

can you also confirm that it does not crash when you remove FindeXer?

does anyone else have this problem?

@alianyn, no worries about asking.. it's a legitimate question. The answer is no, I'm running WB5 via a licensed, purchased copy of Stardock Central. By the way... thank you for confirming your WB5/FoldeXer behaviour... it could definately be my system. Although I really do maintain good house keeping. I am running other customization apps.. and it could even be the skin I'm using: Eminence: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/36197070/

I also have styler running, and Rocket Dock. But come to think of it.. I did quit out of as much stuff as possible before doing the Unload tests. I'll see if I cannot isolate the behaviour a bit more.

Could anyone else weigh in onthe WindowBlinds Explorer Crash scenario?

@firecracker6, I have that theme (last updated 17.7 - and a good one btw - very slick) and tested with it as well. Also asked some testers to try it out and none can reproduce this problem.

if you uninstall FindeXer, this does not happen? have you restarted Explorer as instructed in the installation notes?

can you describe the exact steps from a clean windows startup until you get the crash?

(e.g : reboot,

open an explorer window,

right-click desktop, select Properties->Appearance Tab,

Click the "WindowBlinds" button,

Click the "Unload WindowBlinds" button).

to everyone else requesting Internal Item lock, it is implemented in next nightly (tomorrow perhaps) hopefully (if i can get some time coding) with some other new features - but mostly fixes.

I know you guys are excited and want a lot (I am too), but take it slowly with the feature requests please. There is already a list of features to be added on my site, and i don`t wish to implement a lot of new stuff before everything else is as stable and without bugs as possible. Just be patient and it will all come along... ;)