FindeXer

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@matmat07 and anybody else with x64 OS:

I Don't have a x64 machine to test this on (and neither do any of my beta testers), so I want to make sure of 2 things:

1. Make sure you have downloaded and installed MS VCRT SP1 for x64. Most problems I have noticed over the years are from people who don't have that installed or a bad installation of it.

2. please try this beta build compiled and linked for x64 systems and let me know if it works/is better.

Important Note: This is a build compiled for x64 and will not work (at least it shouldn't) on either x86 or ia64 machines. please do not install it and come copmlaining ;)

Just for the sake of humouring me - I've used 64bit machines mainly as servers, and every installation I have ever seen or tested of 64bit windows (XP/Vista) has always been plagued with instability and lacking drivers. Why on earth would any of you wish (unless for learning/training purposes) to use it as your main home o/s? just curious...

anyways - if any of you install/try it, feel free to update me. If it is still not working, I can try and work on a fix if someone will volunteer to be the beta tester.

Just for the sake of humouring me - I've used 64bit machines mainly as servers, and every installation I have ever seen or tested of 64bit windows (XP/Vista) has always been plagued with instability and lacking drivers. Why on earth would any of you wish (unless for learning/training purposes) to use it as your main home o/s? just curious...

I had this problem with more than 3 GBytes of RAM installed:

- Windows XP SP 2, 32 bits, 4 GBytes RAM installed: Windows recognized only 3 GBytes.

- Windows Vista Ultimate, 32 bits, 8 GBytes RAM installed: Windows recognized only 3 GBytes.

In XP I tried enabling PAE and other stuff, but didn't solve the problem. It was 4 x 1 GByte RAM modules, so I just bought him 1 GByte and upgraded my machine from 1 Gb RAM to 2 Gbyte RAM :P (strange way to solve a problem BTW hahaha)

In the 8 GBytes case, I recommended to change the Vista Ultimate 32 bits for a 64 bits one (both legally bought original install discs with valid license number of course) and the 64 bit version recognized the 8 GBytes RAM just OK.

@tyblos:

- Are you running as an administrator or as a limited user? (you can't install stuff while being a limited user... if this is your case, search for cmd.exe, right click it, choose Run as... and use an administrator user, then proceed as usual)

- Do you have Microsoft Visual C++ redistributables installed? Not sure, but I guess these are required by Findexer. Maybe version 2005 will do well.

@tyblos:

- Are you running as an administrator or as a limited user? (you can't install stuff while being a limited user... if this is your case, search for cmd.exe, right click it, choose Run as... and use an administrator user, then proceed as usual)

- Do you have Microsoft Visual C++ redistributables installed? Not sure, but I guess these are required by Findexer. Maybe version 2005 will do well.

yes im running as admin

the second question .... i dont know where i have to go to know if i have that installed????

i try some links in the .txt tha comes with the findexer ... but one dont work and the other show the install bar ... and when it finish .... i dont know if its installed or not

cumps

@tyblos:

Ok, let's see what the .txt says:

Runtime Libraries : Microsoft C RunTime Libraries for Visual Studio 2005 SP1 are required. If you do not have them and attempt to register FindeXer - it will fail!

So, first you have to download Windows Installer 3.0. You probably already have that, I think it comes with Vista by default (unless you used a... not-from-Microsoft-kind-of-Vista, if you understand what I mean :) ).

Ok, the other one is the 2005 redistributable package:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en

I tried the link and it works. Which link is not working? You mention a link is not working, maybe it's the one you need.

The install bar maybe it's Windows Installer 3.1, which should already come with your Vista, so just nothing else happens :)

@tyblos:

Ok, let's see what the .txt says:

Runtime Libraries : Microsoft C RunTime Libraries for Visual Studio 2005 SP1 are required. If you do not have them and attempt to register FindeXer - it will fail!

So, first you have to download Windows Installer 3.0. You probably already have that, I think it comes with Vista by default (unless you used a... not-from-Microsoft-kind-of-Vista, if you understand what I mean :) ).

Ok, the other one is the 2005 redistributable package:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en

I tried the link and it works. Which link is not working? You mention a link is not working, maybe it's the one you need.

The install bar maybe it's Windows Installer 3.1, which should already come with your Vista, so just nothing else happens :)

i was getting some error with Windows Installer 3.1 maybe because i have installed( i have a good version of Vista)

now the instalation of 2005 redistributable package dont know if install right because appeares some information saying if i agree with the thing .. then appeares the install bar and finish installing very fast

wheres a pic1337446141.jpg

i have it installed right????

because i create a folder in program files with the name FindeXer ... then execute like admin and still getting error

1357062581.jpg

Mmm... I speak spanish, not portugues, but it's pretty readable anyway :D

It seems to say it can't find some .dll which FindeXer depends on.

So, even though you have probably correctly installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (else an error message should appear), it seems you're missing something else... but don't know what it can be.

Can you post download link to the version you're using?

Edit:

Search these .dlls on your harddrive:

• comdlg32.dll
  • comctl32.dll
  • msimg32.dll
  • uxtheme.dll
  • msvcp80.dll
  • msvcr80.dll

If all dlls are present, try running UxTheme Patcher (find a Vista compatible version of it).

Mmm... I speak spanish, not portugues, but it's pretty readable anyway :D

It seems to say it can't find some .dll which FindeXer depends on.

So, even though you have probably correctly installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (else an error message should appear), it seems you're missing something else... but don't know what it can be.

Can you post download link to the version you're using?

yes for sure http://www.sendspace.com/file/2x8ny8 i think is the 1.1.0.4 version

PS: go see your stack docklet thread .... im having some kind of bug :

Edit: the uxtheme.dll is missing ... i have it in a older windows folder ..... where i have to put the uxtheme.dll ???

UxTheme Patcher its the vista glazz????

@tyblos:

Not sure, my uxtheme.dll is in C:WindowsSystem32. Maybe it comes already integrated into Vista (not sure, but gdiplus.dll isn't in my system folder, and even though all apps which require GdiPlus run just fine, I suppose the same applies to uxtheme and Vista).

Try this:

http://www.withinwindows.com/uxtheme-patches/

You can know your exact Windows version by opening a command line and typing ver (enter), like this:

aquasoft-ver.png

@tyblos:

Not sure, my uxtheme.dll is in C:WindowsSystem32. Maybe it comes already integrated into Vista (not sure, but gdiplus.dll isn't in my system folder, and even though all apps which require GdiPlus run just fine, I suppose the same applies to uxtheme and Vista).

Try this:

http://www.withinwindows.com/uxtheme-patches/

You can know your exact Windows version by opening a command line and typing ver (enter), like this:

aquasoft-ver.png

i search and i have the uxtheme.dll in the place

now the version its vista home premium

1244899808.jpg

in that site i should choose which one 6.0.6001.18000_AMD64_XX.rar or 6.0.6001.18000_XX.rar???

thanks

Edit: i have to replace the .dll ??? that come in that rar file from that site ???

Edit2: its still showing the same error

http://www.hdd.pt/imagens/1357062581.jpg

in the page 20 from this topic i think the user is having the same problem ... but it have to use the command line and im not good with that :(