World Cup 2006 Germany (USA WINS!)

Yay, Go England! The whole country is going to spend weeks hyping itself up, telling themselves that we've got a better team this year and all. Then we're going to win a few games, get a little bit full of ourselves, then get beaten by a better team in the Semi-Finals. Then the tabloids will look for someone to blame. And the whole cycle starts again...

Moi? Cynical? Never :P

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yay, Go England! The whole country is going to spend weeks hyping itself up, telling themselves that we've got a better team this year and all. Then we're going to win a few games, get a little bit full of ourselves, then get beaten by a better team in the Semi-Finals. Then the tabloids will look for someone to blame. And the whole cycle starts again...

Moi? Cynical? Never :P

Nah, you're not cynical, you're right! It always works like that with any english sporting talent... henman is one of the worst examples... always hyped up... every wimbledon... never realistic. That's why i prefer watching holland! :P

pff frankly Brazil doesn't deserve to win that game, we've been playing really well and we would have got at least 2 goals from them, too bad our strikers were lacking luck and concentration. They should have let Ronaldo on the bench, he's nowhere near his level 4 years ago. I reckon Australia will go through to the second round, a draw against Croatia will do.

Holland! W00T!

Just won a few matches, not really big scores, but better than the opposing team nonetheless :P.

Seriously though, we've got a really good "Team" which means player actually work together nicely. AND we've got top rated players (A. Robben, R. v Nistelrooi, W. Sneijder....).

And we pretty much already made it to the finals, altough Argentina's going to be pretty hard I gues... They played 6-0 against someone? Forgot who :P.