Tiger System Preference looks weird

i havent had this problem but its got to do with

[Tiger System Preferences Folder]shadow.shadow

and

[Tiger System Preferences Folder]bshadow.shadow

if these dont exist or arent named that, TSP doesnt show shadows.. yours seems to be replaced by a white box... when you rename these to watever.jpg, they simply show shadow images to display around the border of the image.

so.. if you dont have these, reinstall and it should be fixed.

hope this solves it!

[Tiger System Preferences Folder]shadow.shadow

and

[Tiger System Preferences Folder]bshadow.shadow

I have both files and I didn't rename them. Also, I reinstalled the application several times to fix it, but it hasn't worked so far.

These files in my TSP folder are just white squares with shadow. I don't know how they are supposed to be.

The weired thing is that although I have tried to reinstall the application several times, the interface of the application is always same as the screenshot I uploaded before.

• 1 year later...
yeap that`s it ... but is there a way make topdesk to ignore system pregerences?

is there a wat to make them bouth work?

I don't believe there IS a way to resolve this problem with TopDesk. Its really a display card / TopDesk issue. The best thing to do is to replace TopDesk with something like WinExpose'

BTW its not ALWAYS a problem with TopDesk - I have run it successfully on numerous systems. I simply found it easier to use WinExpose' if TigerPrefs kicked up the problem.

• 1 month later...

tsk, I(aka Dremation, DJ_Williams) wrote that application for gman.(german)

Are you using XP? I'm using an alphablended window for the drop shadow thats only supported on XP and up.

Also, are running this out of a zip? If so, extract it. Did you delete any files?