[Release] Open And Save Dialog Symbols

Here's another work. Replaced the xpsymbols to aqualike.

screenshot-4204.jpg

This was a nighmare to find the right file. I've searched with Process Explorer from

www.sysinternals.com and located the file comctl32.dll in %SystemRoot%\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.0.0_x-ww_1382d70a. (Y)

Here is a look of some symbols i changed:

screenshot-4203.jpg

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good find...

Ok to clarify this, there are actually 2 different comctl32.dll files in windows XP.

1. One (win98'style 16bit buttons) is only about 600kb, and is in:

system32 and in /dllcache

2. The other(winxp 32 bit buttons) is about 900 kb and is in :

c:\windows\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.0.0_x-ww_1382d70a

I believe they need to be reshacked separately and not be confused with each other.

I replaced bmp 125 with the bmp you posted in both of these , I checked after booting that windows was using the files I hacked, but still

...they show up as unchanged when I try it,.. I still get the old XP buttons.

Perhaps we need to change more than bitmap 125, but that's the only one you posted..

EDIT:// You need to replace 124 aswell, this is the same image but slightly smaller.

I resized the posted bmp to the required size and rammed it into both comctl32.dll's,...

Lo and behold the 32 bit save dialog (e.g. in Ms Paint) showed real ugly black squares, and the 16 bit save dialog (e.g ie6) crashed (heavily) as soon as I clicked on save image on any picture.

I just dont get how these .dll's treat .bmp files. I resized it correctly and inserted it, I don't gwt it what was I supposed to do to the .bmp file when I was resizing.

Oh, well atleast we know it's 124.

Man, can someone do me a favour, I need the original 125 .bmp from the comctl32.dll that's in the c:\windows\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.0.0_x-ww_1382d70a directory.

Thanks for whoever can be bothered to post it.

O.K. Guy's. Here are some bitmaps for comctl32.dll:

screenshot-4216.jpg

bitmap 124

screenshot-4217.jpg

bitmap 125

screenshot-4218.jpg

bitmap 130

screenshot-4219.jpg

bitmap 131

@three drives: you have right, the relevant bitmap is 124 and 130 (they are both 16 pix).

@all: Bitmap 120 + 121 are unrelevant, they're 16 color bmp's. The comctl32 in system32 dir i believe it is only for 16bit apps! In the WinSxS dir there are two comctl32 files, located in x86_Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.0.0_x-ww_1382d70a and x86_Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.10.0_x-ww_f7fb5805. This things are really a challenge to made it!

Tested links! All worked. (Y)

THanks!

I think we have to change the sys32+dllcache too though, as clicking a save picture link in ie6 still gives the old buttons.

PS:// I think the standard in xp is only 1 ctlcom32 in websxs, as I don't see a directory that ends in 5805

EDIT:// I just changed the comctl32.dll in system32+dllcache too, but the "save picture" dialog box in ie6, shows black background.

It looks !SWEET! thanks th0re great job, hey Three Drives do U have that aqua blue thmbnails icon, and if u do can u share I 've been looking for that a long time,the more aquafying I get done with my PC the better I enjoy hacking DLL's :own:

Help plz

why do i have those problems and why do i have the black frame around the images?

With your other dll images thOre, i was able to replace them without n e problem, this one doesnt seem to go as smooth.

is there anyway to fix it?

@Goku: plz check you pm!

@Andykap: by the way, Paint don't support alpha-blending. There must be a way to convert them in PS from 24bit to 16color! I'm a Graphics Greenhorn and know not all tweaks.

@all: Somebody fit in color-convertion and explain me?

here is my icq: 303767687 everyone who has probs with bitmaps from me can contact me and i send him a zip!!! I think it's a problem from the Webhost or something else. I really dont know but my are functional.

Sorry! Im searching now a Host to upload newest file without probs! This take a while.

Look the 16-bit looking bmps in the comctl32.dll in system32+dllcache, need to be replaced by 16 color versions of those same bitmaps.

Open them in MSpaint and save them as 16 colour versions.

When your inserting them in reshacker they look bad,.. but reboot xp and in the dialog they look like in my screenshot.