Aqua Emulation: Reconstruction Project

Most of you out there have heard about Aqua Emulation.

Correct?

As you probably know...that site...is literally a distaster. It was a project that I, as a future Web Developer, am ashamed of. I built that site during the school year. (10th grade) I knew from the start that this wouldn't go so well, but I tried anyway. Frankly, I failed.

But, Wednesday was my last day of school and I can dedicate most of my summer to this new project.

So, I'm calling on anyone and everyone here today. To help reconstruct Aqua Emulation from the ground up. As one team, I think we can make Aqua Emulation a great website. So, what do you guys think? Are ya in or what?

No I'm not in.

And you should ask yourself why the site, and your attempt at Web developement, failed.

Why would you try to launch another Aqua emulation Site, although there is one that covers almost anything related to emulating?

Why would you come here and try to advertise the site?

I just don't get it.

Aqua-Soft is THE place to be concerning Aqua emualtion, it's vibrant and it's hot - we've got the best Themers, Iconists and Developers here.

Why should anyone visit your forum? What is it you can offer that Aqua-Soft can't?

If I were you, I'd think about those questions hard.

Just my personal Opinion.

No I'm not in.

And you should ask yourself why the site failed.

Why would you try to launch another Aqua emulation Site, although there is one that covers almost anything related to emulating?

Why would you come here and try to advertise the site?

I just don't get it.

Aqua-Soft is THE place to be concerning Aqua emualtion, it's vibrant and it's hot - we've got the best Themers, Iconists and Developers here.

Why should anyone visit your forum? What is it you can offer that Aqua-Soft can't?

If I were you, I'd think about those questions hard.

Just my personal Opinion.

Alright, thanks for your input. The goal isn't to create yet another emulation site. The goal is to rebuild Aqua Emulation.

Mainly, I'm looking for people that want to help and can become the staff at the new forums (if we decide to have forums) and people who can contribute to the graphics that I have to redesign.

I'm just looking for help.

I was thinking that people here would help becasue they are the ones who have bashed Aqua Emulation's design in the past.

So, anyone else want to help?

The goal isn't to create yet another emulation site. The goal is to rebuild Aqua Emulation.

The goal might not be, but you are.

Aqua Emulation is a website created by Chill Entertainment Inc. that let's you download Windows to Mac programs in the Downloads section. If you are a Mac lover, but own a PC this is the place for you. Here you can download programs and applications to change the look for your PC to look exactly like any Apple Computer. We also let you share your programs you've created to the world.

Sorry, see "Aqua Emulation" sounds alot like an emulation site from what you have in the about section. You are making another emulation site. There are plently of them, try making something unique. You dont even have a solid idea of what your doing, or how your site is going to be any better then all the other sites that resolve around the same thing. You really need to rethink your whole plan. You are asking for help, when you dont even have a solid idea of what you are doing. Im not here to argue with you. Goodluck to you and Aqua Emulation.

Sorry, see "Aqua Emulation" sounds alot like an emulation site from what you have in the about section. Im not here to argue with you. Goodluck to you and Aqua Emulation.

Uhh...Yes, Aqua Emulation is an emulation website. We are going to rebuild it.

Would anyone like to help with graphics or coding or anything?!?

Sorry I couldn't but ask this; what makes Aqua Emulation so special?

I mean we already have Aqua-Soft and OSX-E, what would make Aqua Emulation so different or special?

If you can convince me, maybe I'll help you with your project... ;)

Geez. I really don't know.

Maybe we can try to develop answers to that question as we are working on this.

Maybe we can make it more user-friendly.

No ads. No pop-ups. Super-easy-to-use download database.

Stuff like that.

What do you think?

(PS. Maybe we should make an InvisionFree board for discussion of this...)

You really need to re-think you whole plan, EVERYTHING, and I do mean it, has been done, or is being done. You dont have a unique design, idea, or even name, and you would like for us to just start helping you with an idea you aren't even sure will work. No real web-dev, or ametuer for that matter, would even consider a project like this unless they were sure it would get off the ground.

Thats just my $.02

You really need to re-think you whole plan, EVERYTHING, and I do mean it, has been done, or is being done. You dont have a unique design, idea, or even name, and you would like for us to just start helping you with an idea you aren't even sure will work. No real web-dev, or ametuer for that matter, would even consider a project like this unless they were sure it would get off the ground.

Thats just my $.02

This is exactly what we want. Just some people to join our group and agree to help and then we can dicuss the goals, etc. You get it?

(The current Aqua Emulation has gotten off the ground with a Top Alexa Page Rank of 735,649.)

Stuff like that.

You don't know where to go and you want us to come along with you? Good luck Pal.

Re-think, like Benjii said. Re-think until every "maybe" "dunno" and "stuff like that" is eliminated.

And I would advise you to do this on your own.

I've seen nobody pop up here and say "Oh Shame! Aqua Emulation failed! Let's help them and reconstruct Aqua Emulation!"

See, people don't care about Aqua Emulation. And who would blame them? It doesn't offer anything they need. Maybe you should try to develop things people actually wish for. Else, you'll fail. Supply never existed without Demand.

You really got balls dude.. gotta give you that for sure !!

I won't say anything cause everything's been said before... you want to conquer the world, only little problem is you don't know how. So you see how others are doing and you think, "Hey, I'll just do as they are doing"... but that's where you are failing !!

As your Signature reads - "Your only stop for your Mac emulation needs". If you really want Aqua-Emulation to be that, you have to think out of the box. Remember what Apple said (who gave us such beautiful interface we all emulate here).... Think Different

You really got balls dude.. gotta give you that for sure !!

I won't say anything cause everything's been said before... you want to conquer the world, only little problem is you don't know how. So you see how others are doing and you think, "Hey, I'll just do as they are doing"... but that's where you are failing !!

As your Signature reads - "Your only stop for your Mac emulation needs". If you really want Aqua-Emulation to be that, you have to think out of the box. Remember what Apple said (who gave us such beautiful interface we all emulate here).... Think Different

Thanks...I guess.

Will you join us?

Please do and give us your input and suggestions.

We could also use another person to help with the graphics.

What do ya say?

Most people (including me) are too busy to offer anything more than advice...it takes a really dedicated group to get something started, and I don't think there's anyone like that currently at Aqua-Soft--they're all already satisfied with Aqua-Soft.

Good luck though,

-NC

Thanks.

Anyone? Anyone?

You are creating an Aqua Emulation type site and you are asking people to help you make one at a site that is about Aqua Emulation.. brilliant.. Everyone on here is satisfied with how things are here. Otherwise they wouldnt be here. Most everyone on here uses http://www.osx-e.com for their Aqua Emulation downloads. Yet that is what you are trying to compete with? Yet you dont have a solid idea, solid name, solid goal, you have nothing besides the fact that you need people to help you. Most people on here, are to busy to offer anything more then advice to you. It takes a Smart Dedicated Group to get something started. You really need to think things through, on what you are doing, or are going to do.

See, people don't care about Aqua Emulation. And who would blame them? It doesn't offer anything they need. Maybe you should try to develop things people actually wish for. Else, you'll fail. Supply never existed without Demand.

Exactly!! I am so sick of clones of Aqua-Soft and OSX-E. Dont try to compete with OSX-E.com or Aqua-Soft, you wont win. But you will say, im not trying to compete with them, I am just looking for help to rebuild "Aqua Emulation" - doesnt matter your still trying to make the same thing they already have. You are looking for people to hop on a bus that has a driver but doesnt know where he is going. :)

Dont take anything I say personal.

Stuff like that.

What do you think?

(PS. Maybe we should make an InvisionFree board for discussion of this...)

no ads in download site? good luck...you may survive for first few months though, but after your school allowance start to dry out (if your site become popular) you have to get a source to fund your website. Right now, osx-e utilise about 30Gb bandwidth per day, and the cost for me to maintaining the website alone is at least $300 a month.

I never notice the adds on OSX-E. Firefox - Ad-Block Plus and the Filter.Gupdater. Works wonders :P

Knowing that gives me a reason to ban you guys from the site. Bunch of leachers... tsk tsk tsk ads keep sites up.