Frosty Forums

Hello,

Me and a couple of friends, maybe you've heard of us, Chill Entertainment. With Alex (Paintball24) making Aqua Emulation.

Well, we started on a new project, Frosty Forums at Frosty Forums.com (without the space)

It's a free open source forum software.

I would like for you guys to review it and see what you think.

Thanks.

Note: I'm not Alex, I am Tyler (Frosty).

-Tyler.

Plagiarism (putting your own name on someone elses work) is a serious offense.

You seem to take credit for others work, by saying you created this all yourself:

Who is Frosty Forums?

Frosty Forums was created by a group of Web Developers named Chill Entertainment. This project began on April 15, 2006 when the President of Chill Entertainment thought of an idea to let their clients use a great and orginal forum software. Soon that idea failed and we decided to create forum software for the entire world. And thus, Frosty Forums was born.

Plus, you have replaced all PhpBB copyright notices with your own copyright notice.

Plagiarism is something that looks extremely bad on your CV.

:P

How'd j'ya get that?

Was it case-senitive or something?

The phpbb word is actually capitalized on Frosty Forums.

Look guys, I'm not trying to rip anyone off here.

Frosty Forums is a customized redistribution of phpBB.

There is nothing wrong with that.

All I asked for was a review of the website.

No. Open-source does not mean you can take credit for work you never did.

If you wrote a book, then I couldn't rip your name of it and release it under my own name. That would be called plagiarism.

Yup, agreed. Forum Protest Anyone? (We all sign up at the forums and post our opinions until he gives full credit to phpBB)

That, or we report to phpBB (which we should do anyway).

Yup, agreed. Forum Protest Anyone? (We all sign up at the forums and post our opinions until he gives full credit to phpBB)

Lets report it!!!! omgz guyz!!!... Wtf.. Seriously, you dont go reporting crap right away. How about you just talk to the person and let them be aware of the situation.. you arnt the phpbb piracy police. There is now a copyright notice at the bottom, so all is well. When I first saw the site I diddnt see a phpBB link, but maybe he forgot to put it on or something?. People make mistakes, but then sometimes people are just assholes and rip off peoples work. You should make it noticeable that it is a redistribution of Phpbb. Phpbb is open-source but it doesnt mean you can rip off the work and take it as your own. People take seriously to when it "looks" or is if as someone is ripping off someones hard and dedicated work. If you were one of the developers who made phpBB and someone made a redistribution of it, and diddnt give you credit.. I think you would be pretty pissed off.. I know I would.

Forum Protest? Are you kidding me? How gay does that sound..

They have a little thing at the bottom "with phpbb". They call it "Chill Forums 2.0.20". What the hell? Also their site http://www.chillentertainment.com/. That site looks awfully familar to a windows related site, I cant remember the exact name, I havent been to it in a while.

Designed, Hosted, and Powered by Chill Entertainment © 2005 - 2006

Forget what I said about on my above post saying that this could be a mistake. These people are stupid. Powered by Chill Entertainment? Sorry, you might of "designed" it, which I doubt, you proably got it from another free phpbb theme site. Powered? Exuse me? Check out Relization

Look guys, I'm not trying to rip anyone off here.

Frosty Forums is a customized redistribution of phpBB.

There is nothing wrong with that.

You should be more carefully with your words then. On the first page of your site you literally said you created this "forum software".

Also, you have removed all PHPBB copyright notices in the source files, something which is probably prohibited by their license as well.

I just saw your age in your profile, and you're probably some kid "playing" web-development-company. It's not all too bad then, just remember that trying to get credit for other peoples work will get you in serious problems in the future.

Yup, agreed. Forum Protest Anyone?

For what? Me redistributing a customized version of phpbb? I suggest you read up on with exactly what phpbb let's you do with their software.

Also, you have removed all PHPBB copyright notices in the source files, something which is probably prohibited by their license as well.

Look, about the copyright in the source code. Yes, that was a mistake. Two guys, Tyler and another Alex took out the copyright while they were editing some code in there. I don't know why and I'm talking to them now. I am personally sorry this happend.

You should make it noticeable that it is a redistribution of Phpbb.

We are working on that. The website isn't complete yet.

Phpbb is open-source but it doesnt mean you can rip off the work and take it as your own.

True, but I'm allowed to change whatever I want about it. I just have to leave the copyright notice.

If you were one of the developers who made phpBB and someone made a redistribution of it, and diddnt give you credit.. I think you would be pretty pissed off

Yes, I would. That is why I'm trying to resolve the copyright inccident.

Forum Protest? Are you kidding me? How gay does that sound..

:P

I'm not surprise at all, this is not the first time they doing it. Before this, they use Macinscott PHPBB skin on their aqua emulation forum here http://www.aqua-emulation.com/phpbb/...qua-emulation/ but no credit given too. Infact, they put a note that it is designed by chill entertainment.

That skin I downloaded happend to be a torrent and DID NOT contain the true copyright. For the time being until I found the real maker of the skin, I just put mine.