Y'z Development Update

KaosAD

Hy.

I have one ideea about how YzDock could be developed. I believe that if it becomes an open source project and changes it's type from "a dock that copies the functionality of Mac OSX's dock" to something like "a reall kewl WinXP dock", and also state in the readme file (or about box) that it has similar functionality to the OSX Dock which is copyrighted by Apple (and also give a link).

This way, instead of being a ripoff of the OSX dock, it will be a "similar" dock, and also it would give credit to Apple (as i believe their problem was that they where not mentioned in the readme file).

Ok, i might be waaaaay off track, but it seems a logical solution.

Anyway, why didn't Apple send any letters to Stardock (the creators of ObjectDock) and to Moby (creator of MobyDock) ???

P.S. If it becomes an opensource project, it has even more chaces of becoming the best dock available for WinXP and Win2k3 users.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to tell all users that, we can't stop using Y'Z dock, this is one of the greatest thing I have ever seen. I believe that the only way to remember such good application is by not stop using it. I know this is late news for you, let me tell you that we should all be looking foward to make this even better. Apple is a great corporation, the only thing is that they are scared. I am buying an apple soon I still love Microsoft no matter what I am still going to keep using Microsoft Software. I am waiting for longhorn... That is all I want... For Mac Users that think that the whole world belong to them let me tell you... that you guys are not better... You still have a lot to learn about how computing works... Good luck to you all....

:woot: :surfer dude: be cool.... you never know if one day you have me in your way :evil:

Originally posted by Mac_fan@Aug 19 2003, 10:34 PM

I would like to tell all users that, we can't stop using Y'Z dock, this is one of the greatest thing I have ever seen. I believe that the only way to remember such good application is by not stop using it. I know this is late news for you, let me tell you that we should all be looking foward to make this even better. Apple is a great corporation, the only thing is that they are scared. I am buying an apple soon I still love Microsoft no matter what I am still going to keep using Microsoft Software. I am waiting for longhorn... That is all I want... For Mac Users that think that the whole world belong to them let me tell you... that you guys are not better... You still have a lot to learn about how computing works... Good luck to you all....

:woot:  :surfer dude: be cool.... you never know if one day you have me in your way :evil:

You like Microsoft software?

Even I hate it... :P

LongHorn so far doesnt seem like a big deal...

Originally posted by Mac_fan@Aug 20 2003, 12:34 AM

For Mac Users that think that the whole world belong to them let me tell you... that you guys are not better... You still have a lot to learn about how computing works... Good luck to you all....

Well, Mr. Know-IT-all, get serious and learn about computers.

Go here and get this, then we can talk :pokey:

:6

Sorry if I sound harsh, but thats exactly how you sound. maybe you are just annoyed by some Apple-"133t"s, but you start to sound the same way. If that wasn't your intention, I will gladly apologize.

Have fun,

McTrinsic

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by badapple@Oct 20 2003, 03:35 PM

Yes if Mr Y can't fight Apple, he should just release his source code so that other people can improve it a a way that can beat out Apple  :6

Man, believeme, this has been discussed enough times and you dont want to get into that again... itll start another flame throwing offtopic derrailed thread...

Cheers

Seph