Y'z Development Update

KaosAD

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to thank Mr. Yamaguchi for his wonderful YzDock application and I thought it was a wonderful application while it was in development. Thank you for putting in so much time and effort and sacrificing so much of your own personal time into the project that was YzDock.

BUT now onto other matters CAN we start the flaming now because the letter and everything else in it IS legit? This on a personal level has disgusted me beyond belief. I am incredibly peeved off :rant: :nuts: :angry: :flame: <_<

I mean seriously.... this is beyond belief. I seriously hope they don't stoop to the level of telling people to stop hosting YzDock aswell or I'm gonna litterally fly off the bat trash my mac and swear off anything Apple for the rest of my life. Actually I'm pretty peeved off with things right now as they are and am tempted to do that now. I mean yeah Apple did do a lot of hard work into OS X all kudos to them but this is just pretty insane I can't believe this crap that they're pulling off now.

But as a final note of respect to Mr. Yamaguchi I won't actually say anymore and I think I may have gone beyond the line with my rant but I'm still posting and keeping it as is because I am really peeved off.

Mr. Yamaguchi's dock has been my dock of choice since I first discovered the existence of dock programs for Windows during mid-November last fall. His work and updates have been unparalleled - many kudos and thanks to him!

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Apple, Please realize that imitation is the best form of flattery; and in this case it also brings people to the realization that Macs are a beautiful interface to have thus eliminating some of the fears of owning a Mac and ultimately buying one, as I am going to once the laptops with G5 get worked out.

This is for the apple spys ....I never considered a mac until I ran across this forum been saving my money to buy one your action toward the aqua apps were understandable but now you are going to far my interest in your product is diminishing ...you may have lost a switcher

I personally saw this coming. Mr Yamaguchi was getting way to close to Apple's dock functionality with the inclusion of "docklets" in his dock.

Docklets are the functional equal of OS X's docklings, so no, Apple would not like it.

The only other thing that would have really made it way too close to OS X was a task area.

Had that been there as well, it would have been OS X's dock for all intents and purposes.

I hope I'm wrong but I suspect Apple may go after Object and Moby dock next.

Grusic

Well, Stardock would most likely fight Apple over ObjectDock. Stardock had working versions of ObjectDock for quite awhile, but made certain that it would not infringe on Apples territory before they release it as freeware.

Not to mention, Stardock does have a history of standing up to Apples "Cease and Desist" orders.

Has anyone REALLY verified that the email Mr Y got was authentic? If so, how? Just because the "headers looked authentic" doesn't mean squat. It doesn't take an advanced degree in comp sci to spoof email headers, just some time and Google. Was the email digitally signed?

I don't know how Japanese law firms work, but in the US no one would do anything based on just an email received "supposedly" from a law firm. Our law offices would always follow up with at least a snail mail letter, if not a registered letter (and usually not "follow-up", I doubt they would initiate any legal business with an email).

Has Mr. Y (or anyone) called the law firm in question to see if they even have a record of sending him such a cease and desist order?

Sounds too fishy to me and has the whole community in an uproar against apple, when it may be the work of some punk kids.

My 2 cents...

I hope Moby and Stardock will be able to continue. Though I cant see how Apple can go after Mr.Y and not Stardock.

"Well, Stardock would most likely fight Apple over ObjectDock. Stardock had working versions of ObjectDock for quite awhile, but made certain that it would not infringe on Apples territory before they release it as freeware.

Not to mention, Stardock does have a history of standing up to Apples "Cease and Desist" orders. "

Yeah Apple does it again!!! - What a bunch of sad bastards apple are for going after a dock simulation program!!!

what next???, shortcuts, folders!!!

Won't matter anyway Apple won't be around for much longer, they had a chance a while back to diversify (the key to saving any failing bussiness) with an intel/x86 version of osx/aqua - but bottled it.... - probably scared of micro$oft!!!

Anyway enough ranting!!! - Big thank you Mr. YZ - Yours Apps were(still are great)

Originally posted by KaosAD@Jun 29 2003, 08:22 PM

Well since he is meeting with the Apple representatives and Apple attorneys Monday, sounds legit to me ;)

Yeah...I guess that does make it sound legitimate...sad days indeed when Apple sees fit to squash individual programmers like this.

My kudos to Mr. Y. for developing such an excellent dock though...and hopefully this can be resolved for the betterment of everyone.

"sad days indeed when Apple sees fit to squash individual programmers like this."

Hell, maybe they want to hire Mr.Y. :D This all still sux though. I have a gut feelin they will go after Moby next.:( Stardock I think would fight. I still cant think how Stardock would win if Mr.Y couldnt. It sux if it just comes down to money. Everything does. >.<