OSX Tiger V VS

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there,

maybe I am the only one wondering about one thing:

what is different in this version from all other 10k version of "appleish" VS ?

Not a critic, but a plain question :)

for us who have been using Dobees earlier versions, the latest one is a real jewel. Small finishing touches that has made it just brilliant... It all comes down to the small details.

By the way... try out the Firefox-skins by following the link.... they are really top notch.

Manneman

Tried it after reading all your comments and have to say, this VS is really NICE !

Just one minor flaw in the firefox theme, as it is not at the same quality level as the rest.

Any other firefox theme out there ?

Synergy Graphite by Kavin would probably fit this theme well.

dobee: dude, i am so stoked that you upgraded foxitiger for 1.5. a small question/problem...

if i have compact menu on the bookmarks bar, it's fine. but if i have it on the navigation bar (like i prefer, just to the left of the back button), it's scrunched up. can you confirm/deny this?

oh, and thx for the update to the msstyle, too!

COOL! I love the Tab. WBlind plz!!!

coming soon...

Dobee, those Firefox themes of yours look wonderful. There's just one thing preventing me from using them... lack of Fission support.

Yes... I hope to fix that soon

dobee: dude, i am so stoked that you upgraded foxitiger for 1.5. a small question/problem...

if i have compact menu on the bookmarks bar, it's fine. but if i have it on the navigation bar (like i prefer, just to the left of the back button), it's scrunched up. can you confirm/deny this?

oh, and thx for the update to the msstyle, too!

thanks for letting me know...

I'm aware of the compact menu bug but still not sure what exactly could be causing it

thanks for the update to the vs, dobee :)

no prob :)

--------------------------

request - If anybody has Tiger resources (Extracted in tiff or png format) from tiger guikit or dlta pls PM me

thanks (needed for WB port)

I'm aware of the compact menu bug but still not sure what exactly could be causing it

dunno if this helps, but, while waiting for a 1.5 compatible version of foxitiger, i was using ifox, which looks fairly similar but doesn't have the compact menu bug. maybe a look at the code...?

edit: i was just thinking about this. i hope my suggestion isn't presumptuous. like, did i just tell da vinci how to mix colors?

dunno if this helps, but, while waiting for a 1.5 compatible version of foxitiger, i was using ifox, which looks fairly similar but doesn't have the compact menu bug. maybe a look at the code...?

edit: i was just thinking about this. i hope my suggestion isn't presumptuous. like, did i just tell da vinci how to mix colors?

your perfectly correct that is how I normally troubleshoot a bug,

but I have a vague idea what could be causing it I just dont have time to figure out/ fix it ATM

Very beautiful indeed. The caption buttons of the WB version are a bit close to the taskbar though and for some reason my icons in the quick launch section and notification area got a bit compressed. I tried it a moment before I performed a format though so it might have been my settings that were to blame for the latter issue. I was using the msstyle version before that.

Can't wait for it to finish though so I can try the Unified version _O_

• 2 weeks later...

A beautiful VS dobee, thank you.

However, I am experiencing a couple of issues; namely with Firebird/Thundird options UIs, whereby some of the preferences do not fit inside the interface. Is this expected when using the default Firebird/Thunderbird skins?

vsprob16ml.png

Furthermore, the options interace for Wireless Networking is a little difficult to read (left hand side) - note, I have used FlyAKiteOS v3.5 to patch the interface icons.

vsprob29ln.png

I do hope you can resolve these minor issues with a future release.

Thanks again!

Cheers,

James

x